Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Type of Damage

IAJAKI
12.11.2012 , 09:58 AM | #1
Hey all,
I want to roll an Inquisitor and I like the idea of all the Darth Maulesque saber attacks of an Assassin but living out the Sith fantasies with lightning is so damn cool!! I know sorcerer is the lightning class but do Assassins get some cool lightning stuff too or is it all saber? Also, I roll DPS PVE and have a Vengeance Jug, Merc, Sniper, Assault Spec Vanguard, and a Sentinel if there are some overlaps in play style there.
◄▓ℍℍℍ▣ℍ▓\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.

Nethelus
12.11.2012 , 10:57 AM | #2
As an assassin you'll do pretty much all of your damage with your saber. You do get some lightning attacks though if you ever just wanted to use those.

RendValor
12.11.2012 , 11:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethelus View Post
As an assassin you'll do pretty much all of your damage with your saber. You do get some lightning attacks though if you ever just wanted to use those.
Wrong, it really depends on the build.

As a Darkness Assassin, your main attack is Force Lightning, and you'll be using Shock and Wither (another force attack) a lot in order to boost its damage/healing.

As a Madness Assassin you will be using mostly Force attacks, but not lightning. You summon dark energies that crush your oponents' bodies and fry their minds

And finally as a Deception Assassin, most of your damage will be done with your lightsaber, but you will still be using Shock and Discharge a lot.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Eternalnight
12.12.2012 , 02:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethelus View Post
As an assassin you'll do pretty much all of your damage with your saber.
Yea, right...

Ok, this is as a tank, not as a dps, but take this for as an example
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ayer/1#d=0,b=1

Typically over 90% of my damage comes from force powers, with Shock being always on top with highest percentage of all damage done and Force Lightning always at second place.

Of course the tank spec is the only one that makes good use of Force Lightning, but even the other specs do make significant use of some of their force powers.