Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drpineapples
12.13.2012 , 09:50 AM | #41
Post a +1if they should instantly remove the life day pack as a overpriced purchasable pack and re sub it as a reward to all subscribers for supporting bioware/ea through there cataclysmic game decisions.

Go on bio scrooge lets see if you really care about the people who pay your wages HO HO HO
Pork chop sandwiches!

HarleysRule
12.13.2012 , 12:28 PM | #42
So...their idea of a celebration is giving people the opportunity to make free promotional images for TOR's website and facebook page? Yeah...no.

I'm surprised they're not charging CCs to participate in his.

jimpops
12.13.2012 , 12:51 PM | #43
My celebration moment was seeing that the main launcher is now yelling at me to buy coins now! For all this rubbish instead of promoting a in game event

AlienEyeTX
12.13.2012 , 01:01 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Drpineapples View Post
Post a +1if they should instantly remove the life day pack as a overpriced purchasable pack and re sub it as a reward to all subscribers for supporting bioware/ea through there cataclysmic game decisions.

Go on bio scrooge lets see if you really care about the people who pay your wages HO HO HO
No thanks. I don't need that stuff wasting inventory space. I, for one, am perfectly happy not to have received these items. I certainly won't be spending any money on them. This is exactly the sort of thing that needs to go to the CM. Stuff that most people don't want but a few people will be willing to pony up for.

Funny thing is, most people would complain at the quality of the items if they were given to us. But now since they weren't free, people complain that they cost money. There is no way to win here.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Lium
12.13.2012 , 01:45 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Just as an example SWTOR gives you 25 fireworks for it's first aniversay,

Warhammer Online gave players:
Wow. Looking at WAR gave its players, the whole fireworks thing from BioWare is really bad. And you can't say WAR was in much better shape then TOR was. It was bleeding subs after a year too if I remember correctly.

Graydon
12.13.2012 , 02:01 PM | #46
Wow!!

This is an amazing thread. The first positive post to address the thread's subject is response #68!

What an eye-opener. I knew there was hostility and resentment, but I had no idea the bitterness was this deep.

I wonder if Bioware is as shocked as I am? Wonder how BW will react?

Time for new strategy.

Drpineapples
12.13.2012 , 02:13 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
No thanks. I don't need that stuff wasting inventory space. I, for one, am perfectly happy not to have received these items. I certainly won't be spending any money on them. This is exactly the sort of thing that needs to go to the CM. .
An in game mail with attchments can be deleted, you miss the point its the sentiment behind the cost and quality of the items and the context they are used within game and season, its a missed oppertunity.
Pork chop sandwiches!

Thehellfire
12.13.2012 , 02:17 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Drpineapples View Post
An in game mail with attchments can be deleted, you miss the point its the sentiment behind the cost and quality of the items and the context they are used within game and season, its a missed oppertunity.
That guy likely was happy with Bioscam all along and will refuse to see what the rest of us are upset over

Quraswren
12.13.2012 , 02:21 PM | #49
My first year of SWTOR was looking really good till a poorly thought out cartel shop made me realize that being a subscriber was not going to be worth it (you can by ship upgrades that directly lead to end game raiding gear) and things that should be in game as playable achieved content through playing the game (Life Day gear) is being made to have a price tag on it. No option to play the game and get it for a cost of credits or time plus that $15 a month gamers are shelling out.

I even get there needs to be things in the cartel shop but BW put everything in the shop. It's a little disappointing.

SickTag
12.13.2012 , 02:25 PM | #50
Lame fireworks. woo.....one year...fire works.... the cool stuff you HAVE to buy. Lame lame lame.