Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pompeia
12.12.2012 , 04:02 AM | #21
Dear Bioware,

I'm afraid you are following a path I cannot follow.

At the moment I dont feel like celebrating, since you have already confirmed that this game is going on a dark F2P path, where the store doesnt sell mererly fluff items. I frawned when I first saw lvl 50 crystals on it, I frawned when I saw that the cosmetic (read customisable outfits) gear had mods and lvl restrictions on it, and now I'm feeling like throwing the towel after seeing the grade 7 ship items sold there.

I dont feel I get my money's worth for my sub. You offer extra character slots to prefered players, yet you intend to make us fork over 4 slots money worth for having 16 character on the same server - something most of us didnt plan in the first place - was all due to the merges. Then you say we (subs) can have more then 50 characters across servers.

You dont have enough servers for us to make more then 50 even if we were crazzy enough for that. Thats a hand full of nothing. Even if I, as european, made 12 chars on the english PVE, PVP and RP server, would still be 36!
You never came up with better maintenance times, you dont fix unify colors for companions that you introduced on 1.5, cinematics are again sufering from coat/cloaks bugs, my battlemaster coat butt will never be fixed...I could go on but summing it, I dont feel like celebrating!

I will continue to hate F2P, including the fact that i now have to group with ppl that dont even have sprint for alt low lvl flashpoints, and this isnt a celebration. If i want to celebrate i can take part on either lotro winter festival, or everquest 2 feelfrost one, where i can get all sorts of items for my chars or their houses. This is just lame.

I suport you most of the time, but since yesterday I feel very disapointed - and I bet none of your team will bother to read this and voice our concerns to those in-charge. Please change direction, or else we might.

Goretzu
12.12.2012 , 05:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
Um what celebration? Its a cash shop event.
Yup.

I've cancelled my 6 month sub over it, been subscriber since pre-release (12 months today), but once this sub runs out I'll either go pure F2P or just quit and move on to another MMORPG where I don't feel like I'm constantly being nickle and dimed by the comanpy running it.

Not much of a 1 year aniversary for me, at least.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

DarthVengeant
12.12.2012 , 06:23 AM | #23
Bioware. I see no celebration.

You get a lousy fireworks emote and some utterly stupid "life day" Christmas tree light clothes/items. Tell me, why is it that Guild Wars has done Halloween and Christmas EVENTS....yes EVENTS...every single year with all kinds of things, yet all you can think of is fireworks and ugly pointless garbage you have to use cartel coins for, that frankly, aren't worth buying or having. Ever. Is this seriously the best you could come up with?

No, this isn't "whining". I pay for this game, yet I got better event's/celebrations from a FTP game like Guild Wars for YEARS. Yes, that game was FTP....and yours charges. Do you see the problem here? I do.

Epic fail Bioware. Epic fail.

Prysha
12.12.2012 , 07:36 AM | #24
Actually peopel share .. but oh well...
no one listens i guess...
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Drpineapples
12.12.2012 , 01:29 PM | #25
Right this has annoyed me so much, after 12 years of playing mmos I have never been so incensed as to write post on a forum. I need to vent, what the hell bioware seriously what are you guys doing to this game? I have supported and subscribed since launch but WHAT the hell! Purchasable ljfe day crap serously a super expensive mount with fairy lights on are you kidding, spend some time on developing a event the community can be part of instead of placing reskinned rubbish on the cartel market, oh and the fire works are a joke you should have just not bothered you guys have missed the mark big time.
Pork chop sandwiches!

Macheath
12.12.2012 , 01:49 PM | #26
I'm curious as to why BioWare would bother making this post AFTER seeing the community's negative backlash at no in-game holiday event. Did they expect a positive response in this thread?

Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
Um what celebration? Its a cash shop event.
BioWare could have made it so that claims like the above quote didn't ring quite so true. They could have given us an in-game event, even a very small event would have been enough. But they gave us nothing, and no one is about to "celebrate" BioWare putting items in the cash shop.

I mean, they do realize putting "Christmas" items into a cash shop in the first place defies the entire meaning of Christmas, don't they? ...That it looks like they are charging us... for Christmas gifts... right? They realize that it looks like they are looking for any excuse to milk their cash shop some more, right?

Sorry, BioWare, I don't have a celebratory screenshot. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the "take screenshot" ability showed up as a cartel shop unlock.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Biggilus
12.12.2012 , 03:05 PM | #27
Wow I never expected such a backlash at Bioware. Sure this Cartel Christmas sucks but this is just lol. Will any notice be taken? Hmmm....

sehuncara
12.12.2012 , 06:56 PM | #28
What a load of utter crap,the worst ingame fireworks..ever,no anniversary or seasonal events,then you put the 'holiday celebration' stuff in the cash shop,complete fail.

And don't get me started on that retarded piece of filth of a xmas speeder,OMG what idiot signed off on this rubbish.
The fact that you guys in the office thought ''This is great! they'll love it!'' really really scares me.

Unsubbed,gunna do LOTRO for some Xmas fun,then off back to the SWG EMU with some friends,tried this in closed Beta, wernt sure then,thought I'd return to give it another chance,nope,nice try,but not good enough.

This WAS your NGE bioware,I bet SOE are laughing their asses off.
**The Cara Legacy**

**DARKSTANCE**

Nitblade
12.12.2012 , 06:56 PM | #29
Well I just can't wait to get a nice screenshot of my new Cathar Jedi Sentinel

oh wait, nevermind
Silent Corsairs
Commando [Gunnery] 50

Bowdaar: "Mercy to a Fool brings good luck"

AboB
12.12.2012 , 09:10 PM | #30
This thread summed up as a comedic/tragic exchange:

"Congratulations on graduating High School, Timmy!"
Timmy: "I couldn't have done it without all of your support!"
"I don't know why we are here, the damn kid isn't even a doctor yet. We should throw him to the wolves. Get a better kid"
*awkward silence*