Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RowdyGowdy
12.16.2012 , 08:28 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldfuse View Post
A game where no one gets paid, there is no profit, and yet more effort made into a Xmas event than swtor. i read the comments about these fireworks in swtor and the cartel event items and all i sense is a cash grab. Speaks volumes.
Indeed, and very well said...
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy
IMDb 1 | IMDb 2 | FaceBook | Where's Joey?

H-aTreD
12.16.2012 , 10:09 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by RowdyGowdy View Post
Indeed, and very well said...
It was amazing to run around on my Rodian once again in the snow none the less! That was a pleasent suprise

DeludedAussie
12.16.2012 , 11:08 AM | #123
Being a Subscriber since Launch. Even got this game before it officially hit Australia. I am deeply annoyed by the way things have turned out. Bug's that have been present since beta are STILL present. Instead of fixing them, you simply bring out new content and introduce more bugs. I looked over this.

NOW you have made it Pay to Win, Buying gear with cash with no IN GAME way to obtain the items in the cartel store. other Less sucessful MMO's (EG Star trek online) have the ability to get everything except a couple of vanity items they have in the story obtainable via in game means.

You then utterly fail on your own One year anniversary. By Giving people 25 fireworks and the cartel store 'life day items', thus Indicating that you don't give a single **** about your customers, only that you want more money. Today, I cancel my sub. Since I'm getting ripped off paying $15 a month anyway. All I'm paying for is buggy gear, Buggy content and a rather poor MMO Experience. I am going back to WoW. Not only because its a better game but blizzard Actually care about their customers. Bugs are fixed a patch later and of course the customer service is Second to none.

Your Customer service... dont get me started. you have a Script for peoples tickets which gives answers related nothing to what their issue is, only making them wait longer. Hell, If the script was only on F2P accounts, Fair enough. What exactly does my $15 pay for? Unlocks that I can but outright anyway? Little-no Customer service?

I've had enough of this **** company.

ZayneDraay
12.16.2012 , 12:12 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Ohh... nice idea =)

Well, one year of SWTOR and it has been a really good one for me at least

This the first MMO that I really fell for, I came for the stories and ended up enjoying myself so much that I stayed. Started gaming during early access, lvl:ed up to 50 together with my husband and a friend. It wasn't until I started lvl:ing my second character that we found the guild which we are still playing with. That let me experience Karagga's Palace, SOA, Denova and Terror from Beyond. Never thought that I would enjoy Operations this much. Getting together with my guildies, going over videos for good tactics, having fun together over vent. It has been a really good way to spend time together with the guild, and is a nice complement to solo-playing the newest alt. Even tried a little PvP, it will never be my main focus while playing but together with a group of friends it can be pretty fun.

Thank you for the things I have enjoyed spending time with during this year. The story for Jedi Knight and Smuggler have been very fun to play through, and I have enjoyed it immensely. Currently lvl:ing a Sith Warrior also has a good story, can't wait to see how it ends up. The companions and story for my characters have been of great importance to me so I really look forward to having that continued one day. In the meantime I will continue to lvl alts and spend time with the guildies. I play SWTOR pretty much daily and am very happy to have it. It has been a great year, will see if I can come up with some fun screenshot.
Finally!!! I totally agree with you, this (so far) has been an amazing game that I have enjoyed this past year and will hopefully will have many more years to come. Keep up the GOOD WORK BIOWARE.

And to the people who keep whining about paying for the holiday goodies... stop crying if you want to get said items, get 'em, otherwise save your cartel coins for the stuff sure to come in the future. d:^)
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath

tolaf
12.16.2012 , 12:30 PM | #125
Life-Day, (Christmas) is suppossed to be about giving, what you did is sick.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

Kazaganthis
12.16.2012 , 12:30 PM | #126
Heres a screenshot to celebrate with. Had saved this because I just couldnt believe it but heres ONE of the reasons you are getting the answers and relies in this thread that you are getting.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o..._33_761924.jpg

H-aTreD
12.16.2012 , 12:38 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
Heres a screenshot to celebrate with. Had saved this because I just couldnt believe it but heres ONE of the reasons you are getting the answers and relies in this thread that you are getting.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o..._33_761924.jpg
lololol

Scathe
12.16.2012 , 12:49 PM | #128
Something I find kind of funny is that for people wanting player generated content, everyone seems up in arms about not having a dev generated event. Why can't we come together on the fleet for the 1year anniversary and as a community do something, say, as a community to celebrate the anniversary? We could schedule something over the forums as a community to do and generate our own content.

But hey, that's just me, talking crazy. Back to your arguments.

Kazaganthis
12.16.2012 , 12:51 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Scathe View Post
Something I find kind of funny is that for people wanting player generated content, everyone seems up in arms about not having a dev generated event. Why can't we come together on the fleet for the 1year anniversary and as a community do something, say, as a community to celebrate the anniversary? We could schedule something over the forums as a community to do and generate our own content.

But hey, that's just me, talking crazy. Back to your arguments.
I dont want to "make believe" and sit around shooting a firework and Im not an rp'er. Sitting in the cantina /me talking to someone pretending im really my character...almost seems the height of insanity to me. Im already paying a subscription and in a fantasy world mmo for that. im also not paying them so I can make my own content. Its their job. Time for them to actually do it.

Edit: I dont mean to insult RP'ers. If thats your thing great. Go for it. Its just not mine.

nidalad
12.16.2012 , 12:56 PM | #130
Bioware you failed, give the rights for star wars mmo to another company please.
Moonrunner