Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Suzina
12.15.2012 , 01:02 AM | #111
The end of the 1st year of SWTOR is filled with bitterness and rage. Much of it for the same reasons people already left.

What should my "celebration" screenshot be? A 25% loading screen bug which locks characters out of the game? The cartel market page selling best-in-slot space gear? Perhaps a screenshot of the mail I got inviting me to celebrate life-day, as a subscriber, by paying even more money? Ah, maybe a screenshot of me standing at the end of a flashpoint or operation without receiving my black-hole comm reward, again...? Or Perhaps a screenshot of when my characters were all reverted to free-to-play due to a bug, thus removing all my hotbar settings and making my game unplayable for days at a time?

I got it, here's my submission. It's me sitting in a warzone the day the character became bugged, unable to engage in such things as conversations, use vendors, or join groups. Merry life day.
Member of Bane Fleet

AboB
12.15.2012 , 01:15 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
I got it, here's my submission. It's me sitting in a warzone the day the character became bugged, unable to engage in such things as conversations, use vendors, or join groups. Merry life day.
Looks like your group divided itself by zero.

DarthVengeant
12.15.2012 , 03:12 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Why do they not fix it then?
Because Party Jawas and Fireworks are much more important than fixing tons of bugs that have been around since day 1. I can't count the amount of bugs I keep running into EVERY SINGLE DAY doing things now. I have bugs that are there in my game every....single...day. The past 3 weeks of guild runs has been one bug problem after another. Tonight was nearly a complete disaster because of bugs. I could list a pile of them right now.

At this point Bioware needs to take the game OFFLINE for 1 week to rehaul and bug fix. Then bring it back up recoded (because it seems they just break more of the game code with each new patch) and better. I'm sure the gamers would rather have the game offline for a week if it meant a stable and quality product. I would welcome it. Just give us all 500 Cartel Coins or something for the wait.

Radzkie
12.15.2012 , 03:28 AM | #114
Maybe my submission(s) should be my character wearing different outfits that glitch black/dark brown on him because he has pale skin. A glitch that characters with dark skin share. A glitch that's been around for a very long time that was never addressed, even though BW/EA recolors items all the time and touts about how great they're...Yeah, maybe they're great, but only for those who don't have glitched characters.

Happy life day.

Goretzu
12.15.2012 , 03:42 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by swtordrz View Post
Even if it was a permanent Fireworks Launcher instead of Fireworks consumables to celebrate our one year anniversary... ...is any of this making sense to anyone in Management?

Only been here a few months, this game has much to offer, the true ongoing value to any successful MMO is its community, since respect is a two-way street, share your genuine passion for our game with us and we will do the same.

Am an optimist, congratulations on our first year, looking forward to many more fun memories.

A permenant one would be have been much better, it still wouldn't have been amazing, but it would have at least been something permenant for the 1 year.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

HarleysRule
12.15.2012 , 08:51 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
Perhaps a screenshot of when my characters were all reverted to free-to-play due to a bug, thus removing all my hotbar settings and making my game unplayable for days at a time?
Don't forget losing all your rest XP and a bunch of your CE items and pets...
Account cancelled 13 Dec 2012

Klarick
12.15.2012 , 12:35 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by QuetzoCyote View Post
Dear EA/Bioware,
In celebration of OUR accomplishment of one full year of subscription, you have decided to bestow upon us fireworks and thank you kindly for those. However i find that they are quite worthless. I fired 4 of them.
It's especially joyous when my character just stands there when i fire off the firework, doing his/her normal lookaround shuffle idle thing. You can't even tie a /cheer into it, make it so we clap hands and squeal or something (yes in the future all emotes must cost us CC, but you could have recycled existing ones at least) It would be nice if there was at least some imaginary simulated delight going on somewhere, over this trumped up, much heralded and celebrated firework.
Joy upon Joy, i have fired a firework, when all of my Characters were given an even more useless flare gun at the start of their simulated lives...

I know those "I quit" posts are soooo annoying to people, but I get them now. I gotta say this somewhere, and this thread is asking for it. You want input as to how I am celebrating our 1 year anniversary.
I am celebrating by downloading Secret World and moving on. My subscription has been cancelled.
This whole event is a blind cash grab to squeeze us, subscribers or not, and it as transparent as glass. You guys are just riding high off the cash you have raked in since going F2P.
I hope that one day I can come back and not be repulsed by the in-your-face greed you exhibit, but something tells me that this behavior is just getting started. Maybe it's the miles worth of wasted text in these forums i have been too fanboyish to pay real attention too. Wish I did sooner.

SO LONG SUCKTOWN!
-Q
This is well said, and pretty much expresses the opinion of so many people. This whole fireworks debacle is like going to your Christmas Stocking and finding a piece of coal. Should I be grateful for this nice fuel burning rock? Or, would it have been better to just not give me anything at all?

The ridiculously cheap fireworks given for a ONE-YEAR anniversary by a mutli-million dollar AAA MMO is nothing but an insult. And yet they wonder why they fail....
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

RowdyGowdy
12.16.2012 , 07:05 AM | #118
It was great... the launcher updated and logged into game...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4981472&type=1

There were lots of QQs and lots of snow, so many memories.

Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy
IMDb 1 | IMDb 2 | FaceBook | Where's Joey?

xLetalis
12.16.2012 , 07:47 AM | #119
My Channel: SWTOR Story, HK-51 and more... Be good.

Coldfuse
12.16.2012 , 08:15 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by RowdyGowdy View Post
It was great... the launcher updated and logged into game...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4981472&type=1

There were lots of QQs and lots of snow, so many memories.

A game where no one gets paid, there is no profit, and yet more effort made into a Xmas event than swtor. i read the comments about these fireworks in swtor and the cartel event items and all i sense is a cash grab. Speaks volumes.