Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Client stuck

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
12.13.2012 , 03:05 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
Got it to update now. Deleted all Patch files as described in this thread and disabled SWTOR Unleashed and watched as the patcher moved nerve-wreckingly slow above 34% and then got on with business
Friend had this issue yesterday as well, turned out it was faulty ram in his case.
He removed it and patched away.

ShingiUK
12.13.2012 , 04:16 AM | #62
Finally got mine working after 2 days.

required a complete un-install of the game and all associated files and a re-download of 11gb, my ISP is going to love charging me for all the extras.

I implore Bioware, via their CS people here, to consider the possibility that not every error reported here, and all the ones that are NOT reported here are being caused by software issues rather than the tired old song and dance of "it must be your PC..." because frankly, thats insulting to many and patronising to most.

Just hope next weeks patch doesnt mean ANOTHER 11gb download and a day or so i cant play something i'm paying for.

OwenBrooks
12.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxeum View Post
I was freezing (at 47%)... I took these steps. Lo and behold I froze on Asset 94 again. Now what? Very frustrated at this point. There seems to be a big problem with the install at this point. Already costing me a day.

Update: here is the log prior to taking the above steps:
Spoiler

DX:
Spoiler
Interesting that dxdiag is crashing on your computer
DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4) & DirectShow (stage 1). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

Praxeum
12.13.2012 , 10:05 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

It is possible your anti-virus or firewall is preventing the game patching itself. Please use the appropriate link below for information on how to boot your computer in safe mode with Networking. Please try again to patch the game while booted in this mode.

Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

Do post again if you still have an issue.
I and most of the posters here have indicated, as you have instructed, that they attempt patching/installing in safe mode. IT IS NOT THE AVS OR FIREWALL in many of our cases. I have reinstalled in safe mode (after many other attempts). I have submitted three prior tickets in the past few days WITHOUT A RESPONSE. I have been here since day one -- without any prior issues with my firewall or AVS during patching. I am on my second 6-month sub, I have purchased cartel coins, yet YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME AND IGNORING MY REQUESTS FOR SERVICE.

I have attempted patching -- in safe mode
Removed the launcher and reattempted loading -- in safe mode
I have uninstalled, chkdsk, and re-installed from discs -- in safe mode

Something is broken with the patch, it is not the AVS, stop re-posting this ridiculous solution. You have already WASTED three of my days I have paid for.

Please contact me today.

Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Interesting that dxdiag is crashing on your computer
DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4) & DirectShow (stage 1). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information
Cool, thanks Owen.
Spoiler
CE VIP - 7/21/11 1:33 AM
I was there 12/4/11 11:59 PM CST - Boots n' Belts

CordArklighter
12.13.2012 , 07:06 PM | #65
the past 2 days I've tried multiple things to get my game running correctly since 1.6. These have included uninstalling and reinstalling, all sorts of system checks etc.

Most recently, i've been unable to get the SWTOR_setup.exe to run. while searching for that issue here, I found my culprit with that. And I have a sneaking suspicion this may affect others as well.

My problem: FRAPS running. exited FRAPS and the setup file immediately started running. if you have FRAPS please shut it down and see if that helps you.

Praxeum
12.13.2012 , 11:12 PM | #66
Bioware: Since you are not responding to my support tickets.

Do you not care enough to even respond?

I have been stuck on patching, since the new one was released.

I was stuck on Asset 94 (49%).
I turned off AVS and Firewall as suggested.
I tried to load in safe mode.
I deleted launcher and used set-up in and attempted patch in safe mode.
I completely uninstalled and re-loaded.
I ran chkdsk (no issues).
I uninstalled fraps.
I am currently stuck at Asset 95 at 49%.

I am a 6-month subscriber (2x), beta tester and Jun09 account, and just recently bought cartel coins. Please contact me and resolve this immediately, I don't want to be forced to cancel my account and inform my gamer friends to stay away from TOR and BioWare products because of poor patching and HORRIBLE customer support.

Please respond.
CE VIP - 7/21/11 1:33 AM
I was there 12/4/11 11:59 PM CST - Boots n' Belts

OwenBrooks
12.13.2012 , 11:21 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxeum View Post
Bioware: Since you are not responding to my support tickets.

Do you not care enough to even respond?

I have been stuck on patching, since the new one was released.

I was stuck on Asset 94 (49%).
I turned off AVS and Firewall as suggested.
I tried to load in safe mode.
I deleted launcher and used set-up in and attempted patch in safe mode.
I completely uninstalled and re-loaded.
I ran chkdsk (no issues).
I uninstalled fraps.
I am currently stuck at Asset 95 at 49%.

I am a 6-month subscriber (2x), beta tester and Jun09 account, and just recently bought cartel coins. Please contact me and resolve this immediately, I don't want to be forced to cancel my account and inform my gamer friends to stay away from TOR and BioWare products because of poor patching and HORRIBLE customer support.

Please respond.
Patcher log and dxdiag would be helpful, as a beta did you alter your host file at any stage to point to one patch server ?

Menis_SC
12.14.2012 , 11:35 PM | #68
I'm still having no luck getting the game to patch after 4 days of trying...

Even with a fresh install of my OS & a new SSD it either stalls out / errors on installing Main Assets 95 or gives me a BSOD suggesting the Launcher is conflicting with some other part of my system. All my hardware checks out fine (CPU, MB, Mem & SSD purchased this week), leaving the Launcher as the only variable as every other program I've installed does so without error.

My previous post explains in more detail the steps I've taken to try and find a fix for this issue.

And no, I do not use SWTOR Unleashed and don't plan to.

OwenBrooks
12.14.2012 , 11:42 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Menis_SC View Post
I'm still having no luck getting the game to patch after 4 days of trying...

Even with a fresh install of my OS & a new SSD it either stalls out / errors on installing Main Assets 95 or gives me a BSOD suggesting the Launcher is conflicting with some other part of my system. All my hardware checks out fine (CPU, MB, Mem & SSD purchased this week), leaving the Launcher as the only variable as every other program I've installed does so without error.

My previous post explains in more detail the steps I've taken to try and find a fix for this issue.

And no, I do not use SWTOR Unleashed and don't plan to.
Can you post up your launcher log this is located in a log folder in the swtor folder and dxdiag please

Menis_SC
12.15.2012 , 12:00 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Can you post up your launcher log this is located in a log folder in the swtor folder and dxdiag please
Don't have the game installed currently due to another re-install of Win 7 Ultimate 64 I just performed, but can post my DXDiag. Forgive the HDD clutter, had a HDD crap out on me and have a ton of files stored for burning

Spoiler