Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Client stuck

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jacen_Starsolo
12.11.2012 , 07:11 AM | #11
They really went full boar in breaking the game this patch.

Menis_SC
12.11.2012 , 07:14 AM | #12
Tried shutting off AntiVirus & Firewall + Booting in Safe Mode... still not working.

itonez
12.11.2012 , 07:16 AM | #13
still the same issues after safe mode and the other stuff i read about like Patch/launcher/assets XX delete blah blah and please dont say chkdsk, ram test etc been done..
previously it worked before but not today antivirus and firewall excepted and even turn off..same problem.

so now i'll do a repair dont have the luxury of copy this off friends since they stopped playing..and i really hope i dont do a fresh install, have 1 month sub left..

Spoiler

Spowagrrrr
12.11.2012 , 07:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
Going to Safe Mode with Networking does not work for me.
Same here. Tried shutting down my firewall, nothing. Then tried installing in safe mode, still nothing. Been stuck at 1% of main assests 94 for 20 mins now

Argure
12.11.2012 , 07:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

It is possible your anti-virus or firewall is preventing the game patching itself. Please use the appropriate link below for information on how to boot your computer in safe mode with Networking. Please try again to patch the game while booted in this mode.

Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

Do post again if you still have an issue.

Please.. just, stop insulting the intelligence of your customer base. Safe mode has no effect other than only loading essential services. But hey, lets not be "one of those annoying customers who think they know better". Here, I'll even post a screenshot.

Here's an idea. Tell the developers to redesign the patch service. As someone who's majored in technical IT, and is currently on his masters' degree, here's some general stuff you (as in, Bioware) could do that is actually useful:
- Add a verbose option to the patcher. "Installing Main Assets 94", yeah, that's totally going to help a user to troubleshoot.
- Stop having people with more free time than gray matter compile patches
- Don't depend on file integrity. Here's an idea. If the patcher sees any file as improper, wget the damn file and just replace it with a proper one. This is really basic stuff.
- Stop treating your customers as idiots.
- Have the patcher just generate a makelog or whatever (I'm assuming you make locally, if not, then bugs like this one are especially inexcusable). Similar to verbose, but it might actually have people who can tell their head from their bottoms be able to troubleshoot or come up with more than useful stuff in threads like these, other than rants like mine.

And yes, I am fully aware that this is totally a rant, directed at a BioWare customer service who probably has nothing to do with anything, and is just trying to earn their wage so they can pay their rent and groceries. That's cool. And I'm (somewhat) sorry if I offended you, though the likelyhood of all this actually being read is low. However, you (Cerimon, in this case) are also hopefully aware that working in forums CS means that you're representing BioWare on the front line, and you *will* have to deal with flak from, basically, pissed off customers like myself. Unfair? Don't like it? Tough. People don't like to work in general, but hey, at least you get paid to put up with annoying customers like myself. All while the rest of us, will be stuck re-downloading and re-installing the entire game, a process taking well up to 12 hours (due to horrible peering, but that's another issue). Anyways, time to go do exactly that. Might actually make it in time for my guilds' prime raid day.

And if you, the CS agent in this thread, or anyone from BioWare decided to read this to the end: I commend and applaud you for it. Not a lot of people are willing to do that. But in conclusion, please, just stop insulting my, and my peers' intelligence. It is not helpful, and it often produces the opposite result: instead of happy customers you get customers writing posts such as this one.
SORCERER ARGURE CLOUDFALL PROPHECY O/T FIVE
EBONLORE
Progression raiding and development. Don't be a wimp. STEP INTO THE DARK

Spowagrrrr
12.11.2012 , 07:43 AM | #16
Argure has made some very good points in this thread, yet still no response from CS. I've played this game since January 2012 and have never had any issues with patches or major updates.

It makes me wonder why I bother staying subbed when the only response paying customers get is "turn your fire wall off and try again". I'm going to give up installing this patch as a bad job and will try again tomorrow. I'm very disappointed with the generic responses the players are receiving when we come on here and report issues regarding try to get into a game we pay for!!!

Argure
12.11.2012 , 07:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Spowagrrrr View Post
Argure has made some very good points in this thread, yet still no response from CS. I've played this game since January 2012 and have never had any issues with patches or major updates.

It makes me wonder why I bother staying subbed when the only response paying customers get is "turn your fire wall off and try again". I'm going to give up installing this patch as a bad job and will try again tomorrow. I'm very disappointed with the generic responses the players are receiving when we come on here and report issues regarding try to get into a game we pay for!!!
This is about the 6th time it has happened to me so far, probably why I'm quite peeved about this. And I was never the only one who's had this happen, either.
EBONLORE

itonez
12.11.2012 , 07:53 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Argure View Post
This is about the 6th time it has happened to me so far, probably why I'm quite peeved about this. And I was never the only one who's had this happen, either.
this is the reason why i quit in Jan in the first place, every time patch comes in i get main asset problems.. i came back on Nov i thought this would be fixed by now but apparently still the same.. i manage to fix the problem previously by deleting the files from other patchs.. but that is not a fix..

i enjoy the game but if this keeps on happening after every patch what is the deal? :S

Argure
12.11.2012 , 07:55 AM | #19
Anyways, here's how to overcome 66% stuck (on my machine):

- Delete every and all patch data.
$/assets_swtor_main_92to93
$/patch.bc6a5070bf6150e202f2c404e055c934899e5455
$/patch/*.patchmanifest
$/retailclient_swtor_76to77

Changedir into $/Assets and see if you have any assets appended with _ORIG, delete the other file without that suffix, and replace with this one. Run FixLauncher for sith and giggles, rerun patcher (possibly multiple times) and pray.

EDIT: make sure you check the local settings folder as well in %appdata%/Local - this is also used to overcome the NodeSpecCache error.
EBONLORE

Das_Schlippo
12.11.2012 , 08:00 AM | #20
Stuck at 89% for over an hour. I wish I could download and install the patch without this wonky launcher.