Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 09:59 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitellius View Post
Firstly we have to define our terms. As I see it...

Pay to Win: Unless you pay real money, you will never win. It is impossible to beat the content without paying (beyond what you already pay for your subscription). If you do not pay real money (again, beyond your subscription), it is IMPOSSIBLE to complete said content. You will never beat it....ever...unless you pay. There is absolutely NO other way to get the stuff you need without paying.
By that defination there is no game in existance that IS P2W.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Elear
12.11.2012 , 10:00 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by ReallYDeepMan View Post
I haven't gotten a chance to do the new ones yet on live so I can't confirm.
Right now on live either they are all bugged and don't unlock weekly version, or everyone is initially locked out of them, and will get unlocked on appropriate day. Or they are 'dalies', but avaible only on one day per week. I guess only way to know is to wait.

Lostpenguins
12.11.2012 , 10:01 AM | #83
Yeah... this is pretty lame. I thought all Cartel items were cosmetic.

If this is the case, why not just have every Dread Guard item for Cartel packs? Why not make every next raid tier gear available via raid AND via Cartel Packs?

Seriously BW... this is total bs. Feel free to keep going down this path and I'll feel free to unsubscribe.

Vitellius
12.11.2012 , 10:02 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

Again incorrect.

P2W is anything that allows you to circumvent gameplay (which yes gives some form of an advange - as this doe)
by paying money,

This is P2W, you can pretend it's not, but pretending a bear isn't a bear doesn't make it not a bear.
Wait, what are you circumventing here? Are you saying that if you buy the ship upgrades, you don't have to do the space missions? The single player space missions that you don't have to do anyway....??
"Smoke me a kipper...i'll be back for breakfast." -Ace Rimmer

Vitellius
12.11.2012 , 10:05 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
By that defination there is no game in existance that IS P2W.
Depends on the definition. Who sets the definition? I gave you mine. Is mine any better or worse than anyone else?

Lostpenguins
12.11.2012 , 10:06 AM | #86
Wait, what are you circumventing here? Are you saying that if you buy the ship upgrades, you don't have to do the space missions? The single player space missions that you don't have to do anyway....??
You don't have to do anything anywayz.

Here's the problem. Say 1.7 comes out with a new raid and new tier set of gear. You can go in there, farm it, and after a couple months completely deck yourself out.

OR...

You can simply by some CC's and by a whole set off the Cartel Market now!

That's the problem. When it's no longer cosmetic you trivialize the gear obtained by raiders. You would destroy the hamster wheel. People would get all of the gear via CC's and then do the Operation once for storyline and to complete all content in the game. Then they would all unsub.

Having pride that you did something only goes so far when Joe Schmoe standing next to you has the same rewards and all he had to do was throw enough cash at whoever he needed to, to get what the exact same stuff.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 10:09 AM | #87
The grind.

Depends on the definition. Who sets the definition? I gave you mine. Is mine any better or worse than anyone else?
Yes, by an totally incorrect and inplausible defination anything can indeed be anything.

Everywhere else this is P2W.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

translucentwolf
12.11.2012 , 10:10 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Pay2Win is when the best things are ONLY on the market. This is just another option designed to milk the greedy and impatient "Must have it NOW!" crowd and there is nothing wrong with that.
^ This

People who don't want to pay real dollars will play the game, and gain the items a bit later. It is exactly the same as the current f2p model. f2p players gain xp slower. Players who use the 'xp booster' stims are paying to gain xp faster.

Get over it.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 10:10 AM | #89
I hate space missions. You can make by ship with big insta-kill pew pew lazors, have an FTL engine bazzillion times faster than light, i will still not pay this crap.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Vitellius
12.11.2012 , 10:12 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
You don't have to do anything anywayz.

Here's the problem. Say 1.7 comes out with a new raid and new tier set of gear. You can go in there, farm it, and after a couple months completely deck yourself out.

OR...

You can simply by some CC's and by a whole set off the Cartel Market now!

That's the problem. When it's no longer cosmetic you trivialize the gear obtained by raiders. You would destroy the hamster wheel. People would get all of the gear via CC's and then do the Operation once for storyline and to complete all content in the game. Then they would all unsub.

Having pride that you did something only goes so far when Joe Schmoe standing next to you has the same rewards and all he had to do was throw enough cash at whoever he needed to, to get what the exact same stuff.
Fair enough, but the problem with your straw man is we aren't talking about raid gear. This is the space mini game. You know...the thing that everyone says nobody does and is a waste of time.