Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mothear
12.16.2012 , 11:18 AM | #831
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
I have to disagree with you

Say I'm a new sub
I get my ship, I buy this new set.
I get loads of easy xp and cash by facerolling space missions with the best gear in the game.

how exactly is that not pay to win?

Sorry but they not only dropped the ball on this one, they spiked it in their own endzone.
If this trend continues I won't keep playing.
It's level 50 gear so you can't do that.

lorelthesecond
12.16.2012 , 12:21 PM | #832
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
are people still complaining about this every singe piece of space gear is available from the gtn or fleet vendor you do not have to pay a dime to get the grade 7 equipment and the people saying the jump from grade 5-7 was forced on use to pay for this stuff well there is actually artifact equipment that you can buy past grade 5 which probably would be considered grade 6
The point is you can buy the very best ship parts with the best stats in the game on the Cartel Market and thats pay to win.

You also need all them ship parts to even have a chance at the new space missions.

Kophar
12.16.2012 , 01:23 PM | #833
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
are people still complaining about this every singe piece of space gear is available from the gtn or fleet vendor you do not have to pay a dime to get the grade 7 equipment and the people saying the jump from grade 5-7 was forced on use to pay for this stuff well there is actually artifact equipment that you can buy past grade 5 which probably would be considered grade 6
Acutally u can only buy 5-6 pieces of grade 7 from the fleet vendor and 1 or 2, if i aint mistaken, of those 5-6 is/are schematics wich if u arent a cybertech u cant really use them since u cant craft them.
Pieces on vendor are beeing bought by CC and put on GTN on sell for ingame currency, its the same thing than buying it on the CC itself.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

lorelthesecond
12.16.2012 , 06:49 PM | #834
So has anyone else canceled there sub over this like I have?

Taorus
12.16.2012 , 06:55 PM | #835
Quote: Originally Posted by lorelthesecond View Post
1.No...My Mother and Father taught me to think for myself and avoid the herd mentality.

2. Because he who shall not be named....Gave me free will. ( and its not Lord Voldemort )

mothear
12.16.2012 , 06:56 PM | #836
Not me as I can buy it on the GTN and grind if I don't have enough credits, so to me it isn't P2W (personal opinion).

DAMossimo
12.16.2012 , 07:39 PM | #837
My son & I are waiting to see if they make things right in Tuesday's patch, as I suspect many others are. I'm willing to give them a chance to redeem themselves for old times sake.

atduncan
12.16.2012 , 07:40 PM | #838
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Not me as I can buy it on the GTN and grind if I don't have enough credits, so to me it isn't P2W (personal opinion).
So if it was actual gear, would this still apply?

DAMossimo
12.16.2012 , 07:50 PM | #839
Quote: Originally Posted by atduncan View Post
So if it was actual gear, would this still apply?
If it were actual top tier endgame gear, it wouldn't even be a question for me. Why bother playing a game in which the best (only?) reward in game is available for sale before you even attempt to run the missions that reward it?

Aziran
12.16.2012 , 07:50 PM | #840
I...I don't know what to say...

All those times I posted about SW:ToR inevitably failing because WoW was the elephant in the room.

"No, SWTOR will kill WoW! You'll see."

I just feel a sense of...Its a bitter sweet victory.

Bitter in the sense that I can not gloat to all of the fanboys whom I flamed during early release. Though if you're out
there. Yeah. Good work. You're the Republicans of the MMO universe, and this game was your Romney. Good job!

Now. I'm off back to the Mists of Obama.
"You've been promoted from complete waste of space to mental degenerate. Champagne and pats on the back all around."