Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eszi
12.11.2012 , 05:17 PM | #321
EWH for 2000 poo coins?
"But it's not p2w, you can get it with comms as well ;_;"

BJWyler
12.11.2012 , 05:20 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
I don't have all the time in the world either (I have a job and a social life), but I'm not going to play a game where it's catering to the rich. I came into this game where there's a salary cap (i.e. your sub fee), but now it's becoming the baseball system. No thanks.
Very few gamers are actually "rich" unless your definition of rich is as broad and personally biased as is your definition of P2W.

1) ZT Online is not the end-all-be-all definition.
2) This is an MMO, there is not "beating this game". But using real life money to grant you an unfair advantage (instant reception of items that grant you upgrades in terms of game play) is Pay To Win.
1) Nor is your definition of the term
2) It is not unfair if everyone has an equal opportunity to acquire said items. Everyone does, either via paying cash (which is earned through time spent at a Real World job) or via in-game achievements (which is earned through time spent "working" in game).

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Lostpenguins
12.11.2012 , 05:21 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinwe View Post
The term "pay 2 win" has no meaning to me as pertains to an MMO, since aside from PvP, there is no "winning". What do you win? All it is, is a choice on how to attain something, do you want to grind it out, or pay for it? Everyone has the same choices available. Space missions are basically a solo game within the game anyway, that has no effect on anyone else.
You must be new to this thread and spent < 5 minutes actually reading any of the comments.

1) Stop focusing on the "win" part of it. In MMO's the game is never truly "beaten" so you don't actually "win". The hamster wheel keeps going. The problem is that there are many of us in here who have posted that a game that caters to people who are willing to fork over more cash and not have to work/grind/farm/play this game to get gear that isn't just cosmetic, but actually makes the gameplay easier beyond being a subscriber is a tackless move on BW's part. The fact that subs have to spend the time grinding or they can simply plop in their credit card number and buy these items is pretty unacceptable behavior to many of us who have posted in here.
2) The fact that these space missions reward you with things beyond space missions (credits, comms that can buy crafting material, and comms that directly buy endgame gear) rubs many of us the wrong way.
3) Most of us who aren't happy this seem to be saying that although we're not happy with this behavior, this isn't the straw that will break the camel's back (for us). Most of us are saying we don't like this, BW should stop it, and if they continue then many of us will likely unsub from the game.

Capiche?

Foambreaker
12.11.2012 , 05:21 PM | #324
This should have been some cool "Grade 3.5" or "4.5", like the other gear, leveling gear.

No endgame gear in the market, hello??

Basically they just "sold" subscribers the heroic space missions, or the gear to do them. Indirectly milking the subs...

Milk me, mooooooooo

Lostpenguins
12.11.2012 , 05:25 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
2) It is not unfair if everyone has an equal opportunity to acquire said items. Everyone does, either via paying cash (which is earned through time spent at a Real World job) or via in-game achievements (which is earned through time spent "working" in game).

BJ
Lol... this game should favor what you do "outside of this game". If someone gives a lot of money to Bioware, do they deserve to have a max level, full BiS character, w/out playing the game for a minute? Can you obtain the exact same stuff? Yes. Do you think, for any second, that this is fair behavior?

Andryah
12.11.2012 , 05:31 PM | #326
You must be new to this thread and spent < 5 minutes actually reading any of the comments.
It's much more likely that he did read the thread, and simply DISAGREES with you.

I know I certainly do.

You can conflate and contrive this into an issue all you want, it's not going to make people agree with you who simply do not agree with you that the ship mods = P2W in any objective sense in the context of MMOs.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Jacen_Starsolo
12.11.2012 , 05:34 PM | #327
"Pay to get your BH comms here. They only cost 750 Crap Coins per character and doing our 1980s arcade style flight game," Bioware stance.

HanStyle
12.11.2012 , 05:42 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
"Pay to get your BH comms here. They only cost 750 Crap Coins per character and doing our 1980s arcade style flight game," Bioware stance.
im a huge fanboy, but im gonna have to agree with this

Igax
12.11.2012 , 05:45 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Dirtyshadow View Post
Am I reading and understanding the following right....

Grade 7 items I know of ingame cost a huge amount of daily / fleet commendations as well as pricey craftable objects... so giving them out day 1 of the new heroic space missions, in a Cartel pack...
circumventing all ingame crafting/grinding by throwing real world money at them...
is that not by definition "Pay2Win" Space Missions ???
careful, the fans will be along soon to string you up for complaining about their game.

really though, yes this is play to win. I was finally like YES I can make some creds on my cybertech! Then I was all like *** I can buy all this from the cash shop, Frak you BioEA I am out of here!!!! Maybe I will go back to Rift.... no you fans can not have my stuff... oh ok I will give it to you for 10000 Cartel coins!!!

Naa I will not drop my sub yet, though i am getting close.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

BlazingShadow
12.11.2012 , 05:46 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Its in your own word: A mini-game. Its not your character, its your ship. Its not something you use to play with others, its a single player game, the difficulty is great even with those upgrades and the rewards are minimal. How exactly does this get anywhere close ot P2W? It sounds like most difficult way to gear a character. Its not worth it. That is why those packs are there, because the thing is so hardly worth it they even offer you some ship upgrades to make it worth your while.
lol and so it begins...the denial as the eventual P2W creep comes about