Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dipstik
12.11.2012 , 12:22 PM | #141
/signed

I think this is Pay to Win

Dionius
12.11.2012 , 12:29 PM | #142
Pay to win in the absolute truest sense of the words. The fact that not only does this stuff enable you to buy grade 7 and grade 8 crafting materials faster, as well as get black hole and daily commendations... what Bioware have done here is utterly disgusting. I'm sad to say this but I think they just lost my subscription as well. Along with any future investment on my part. There's only one thing publishers like EA understand: boycott. Complain with your wallets, people, until they damn well fix this.
I'm here to kill you, not to judge you.

Kebin
12.11.2012 , 12:32 PM | #143
I think the items you buy should atleast be a totally seperate BOUND item. Because as it stands right now, not sure on other servers..on mine the GTN is flooded with all Grade 7 items at 150k each. Crafting can't even begin to compete with it.

bibobpipop
12.11.2012 , 12:33 PM | #144
One question to all of you:

What do you WIN?

So, if i buy the gear via cartel-shop i increase my chances to survive those missions. That makes me...what? Better then you? Don't think so. Rewards for those missions are some credits, 2 BH comms and some daily comms from what i see...again, does the reward make me special? Not at all.

So...what's all the fuss about?

dpwms
12.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Insidion View Post
EA/Bioware is now catering to those with disposable incomes, or rich kids with access to credit cards.
Ha! The real reason for this thread comes out. Jealousy over the fact that some of us did what it takes to HAVE some disposable income. No apologies for that, my friend.

Astoncam
12.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #146
Well, thats the problem. Everybody wants everything at the moment with no effort.

Pay or work for it. Stop raging, stop crying. You have several ways to get the space upgrades. And also several weeks to farm the money or the fleet commendations before this patch to take them today.

< Dark Requiem > Habana - Gunslinger

Scyllia
12.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #147
Yet another result of all those people demanding F2P. You got what you wanted, and are now "Paying" the price

ElitehunterDS
12.11.2012 , 12:37 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by bibobpipop View Post
One question to all of you:

What do you WIN?

So, if i buy the gear via cartel-shop i increase my chances to survive those missions. That makes me...what? Better then you? Don't think so. Rewards for those missions are some credits, 2 BH comms and some daily comms from what i see...again, does the reward make me special? Not at all.

So...what's all the fuss about?
No idea and i bought my part off the GTN, isnt that pay to win since i didnt want to farm them for weeks?
The space mission are very meh for the moment..
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

notalkjustrock
12.11.2012 , 12:37 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Scyllia View Post
Yet another result of all those people demanding F2P. You got what you wanted, and are now "Paying" the price
I'm a subscriber? Seriously, these are the dumbest arguments.

Sorry, just because someone made a forum post one time about how they didn't like space missions or that they want free-to-play doesn't justify everything and anything.

TheIrage
12.11.2012 , 12:40 PM | #150
I take comfort on one thing:

Space missions on rails are already boring. Making them harder while still boring doesn't necessarily equate to challenging fun. So I'll try the new ones with my Level 6 Defender ( Yea I put some credits on the ship because at one point I thought there was more to it at endgame) but more Likely it wont appeal to me.

Let's just say I know of more people that bot the current space missions than those who actually play them. I think the former may feel more challenged upgrading their software?