Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DMSL
12.11.2012 , 11:21 AM | #121
In my opinion there should only be two ways to get space ship parts, either via crafting or as a reward for doing a mission, not by buying them with cartel coins/actual funds.

Also look at that Life Day stuff, why can't we get at least a few via an event or because we pay our sub each month, it feels like we are cows getting milked.

Costello
12.11.2012 , 11:21 AM | #122
Worse is they have made the new missions require level 7 gear and because of that you can't even run them to upgrade your ship as you fly them.

It gives a choice you can grind the 1500 fleet coms for the gear the future 1400 fleet coms for the 2 scematics god knows how many boxes for the items to craft it. 150 Daily coms and 300,000 credits. And I am sure there is probably more. Or pay to win.

The same could be said if they put level 63 purple gear in the shop. Yes you can work hard to get it or you could just buy which is very close to pay to win over people that are slowly working for the gear.

Dawginole
12.11.2012 , 11:22 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
To me, yes that is pay2win. But to a lot of other people it won't be because you never interact with players during the space missions.
You don't interact with players during space missions, but you interact with players in other environments and are helped by space missions.

Space missions now give out BH comms and space missions fleet comms purchase crafting packs that have blues and purples needed for the crafting of lvl 27 mods.

So you pay to win to upgrade your ships which let your skip progression to then level up your character with lvl 27 pve equipment faster than others who do not want to pay real money or who do not have the money to spend.

This is the slippery slope. It took like 3 weeks for them to blow it.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Elear
12.11.2012 , 11:31 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Worse is they have made the new missions require level 7 gear and because of that you can't even run them to upgrade your ship as you fly them.
No they don't. I've done them all with only 2 pieces of new gear, some can be done in pure T6. So you can farm them all by spending 500 fleet comms and bunch of credits to buy missile magazine from crafter.

Echriado
12.11.2012 , 11:34 AM | #125
Grow up. Space missions are solo content. Go get some milk from mommy

LodSock
12.11.2012 , 11:35 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by ReallYDeepMan View Post
This is Pay To Win, plain and simple. I'm extremely disappointed.
Ditto.

Lostpenguins
12.11.2012 , 11:36 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
No they don't. I've done them all with only 2 pieces of new gear, some can be done in pure T6. So you can farm them all by spending 500 fleet comms and bunch of credits to buy missile magazine from crafter.
Is it easier to do all of it with all of the T7 upgrades? Yes.
Is it advantageous to do the missions with T7 upgrades? Yes.
Can you buy all of the T7 upgrades with CC coins? Yes.

So can using CC coins give you an advantage in the game play beyond the scope of vanity or cosmetics? Yes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Echriado View Post
Grow up. Space missions are solo content. Go get some milk from mommy
Not one single point you made here contradicts the fact that buying some via the Cartel gives you an advantage in gameplay which is what is arguing about in terms of P2W.

Rogoo
12.11.2012 , 11:37 AM | #128
Honestly, did anybody ever expect SWTOR's F2P model to not be terrible ?

EA got voted the worst company in US for a reason.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

killahcheese
12.11.2012 , 11:42 AM | #129
Guys,

There are many degrees of P2W.

Frankly I am surprised at the pricing for these ship armors which could lead to more of these happening in the future. I hope not, but I mean, they could have always LOWERED the amount of grind than put it on the cartel shop :9

But honestly, the word P2W, came from all the asian mmorpgs where they would sell a sword or armor with ridiculous stats that you could start wearing at level 1. This would also be available only exclusively at the item shop.

battycoda
12.11.2012 , 11:46 AM | #130
There were 4 items previous bought with comms for your ship and the comm cost of those are rather low and one item can even be skipped unless you want the bonus missions. All of the special parts in total cost 420 fleet commendations - this is LESS than a single part of grade 7 gear - the ones you can get anyway. All other parts (grade 5, grade 3, and grade 1) were bought with credits or crafted (grade 2, grade 4, grade 6) at a reasonable expense - the most expensive item is the grade 6 missile launcher that takes 2 mandalorian iron to craft - about 25k if you don't want to do crew skills to get them for much less. The whole grade 6 set (all craftable except one item that is a mission reward) was worth about 150k total.

The new cost:

From fleet comms:

1500 comms - 3 parts - Durasteel Armor, Blast Condenser, Laser Cannons
1400 comms - 2 schematics - Schematic: Concussion Missile Magazine, Schematic: Deflector Shield

Crafting materials:

Synthetic Energy Matrix x2
Enriched Durasteel x12
Zal Alloy x30
Mandalorian Iron x6
Molecular Stabiliser x4

(I don't have the material list for the Schematic: Improved Electronic Warfare Pod)

From daily comms:

300 comms - 2 parts - Improved Electromagnetic Pulse, Deflection Amplifier
200 comms - 1 schematic - Schematic: Improved Electronic Warfare Pod

From Credits:

300k credits - 1 part - Improved Power Conversion Module

OR 1300 Cartel Coins = about $13.00 USD

It's a good thing "Nobody cares about that stupid space combat mini game or enjoys it or wants to do it" because it really would suck if this was 9 armor pieces for PvP or Ops, eh?

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 65 | Bounty Hunter - 65 | Agent - 65