Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dirtyshadow
12.11.2012 , 05:55 AM | #1
Am I reading and understanding the following right....
Quote:
The Grade 7 Starship Defensive Bundle contains defensive upgrades that will protect your ship during the most difficult missions! Cost: 400 Cartel Coins.
Purchase the Grade 7 Starship Offensive Bundle to give your ship enhanced firepower! Cost: 550 Cartel Coins.
The Grade 7 Starship Tactical Bundle contains powerful upgrades for your personal starship. Cost: 350 Cartel Coins.
Grade 7 items I know of ingame cost a huge amount of daily / fleet commendations as well as pricey craftable objects... so giving them out day 1 of the new heroic space missions, in a Cartel pack...
circumventing all ingame crafting/grinding by throwing real world money at them...
is that not by definition "Pay2Win" Space Missions ???
__________________________________________________ ______________
Makes a multi-million dollar game and forgets to advertise it in the Australia, the countries they actually built a server for ??? Start marketing the game, viral ads, full page newspaper ads, media circus. Thats population control... new customers.

EATtheDEAD
12.11.2012 , 05:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dirtyshadow View Post
Am I reading and understanding the following right....

Grade 7 items I know of ingame cost a huge amount of daily / fleet commendations as well as pricey craftable objects... so giving them out day 1 of the new heroic space missions, in a Cartel pack...
circumventing all ingame crafting/grinding by throwing real world money at them...
is that not by definition "Pay2Win" Space Missions ???
To me, yes that is pay2win. But to a lot of other people it won't be because you never interact with players during the space missions.
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

Eszi
12.11.2012 , 06:00 AM | #3
Bioware just reached a completely new level of crap

tzagheru
12.11.2012 , 06:01 AM | #4
wait so theyre available only from cartel shop ?

POPsi
12.11.2012 , 06:02 AM | #5
but if I understood correctly you can now earn BH comms doing space missions, as well as some nice amount of space comms, both of which will result in the same... getting top-end pve gear faster and easier. So it's p2w, even if a bit indirectly.

Tito_O
12.11.2012 , 06:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tzagheru View Post
No.

You can also buy them from the Special-Space-Items-vendor (forgot his real name ), for Credits/DaylieComms/FleetComms
The Coric Legacy
Nate | Pinkamina | Syskal | Cas
Zhali | Raykal | Orivik | Viraana | Geviin | Shim'rra | Vestarah | Yuun-harla
[T3-M4]

EATtheDEAD
12.11.2012 , 06:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tzagheru View Post
No they are attainable in game, but it takes a lot of work to get them. Or you could just buy the pack containing everything you need instantly for real money.
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

Dirtyshadow
12.11.2012 , 06:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
To me, yes that is pay2win. But to a lot of other people it won't be because you never interact with players during the space missions.
the completiion of said space missions results in daily, blackhole and fleet commendations, and credits... ingame currency farming.

Also just saw them ingame. I feel really sick in my stomach.
Thats just plain disgusting... 2nd interation of cartel market, and its already taken a shady turn.
Even if its just the space "mini" game, thats just plain wrong, selling the items that require large volume ingame grinding... I hope this is something they STOP here and never repeat again, cause if it turns up again.

The only thing the store should be selling is new ships, ship skins, colour crystals for ships imo... not usable, and top level space combat gear.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Makes a multi-million dollar game and forgets to advertise it in the Australia, the countries they actually built a server for ??? Start marketing the game, viral ads, full page newspaper ads, media circus. Thats population control... new customers.

Malkavier
12.11.2012 , 06:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Bioware just reached a completely new level of crap
You forget, it's no longer truly Bioware. The empty shell remains, but the heart and soul of Bioware is all long gone, replaced by EA yes-men and beancounters.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

UCKFred
12.11.2012 , 06:10 AM | #10
I don't consider it to be P2W unless you're actually competing with other players i.e. PVP.

My only concern is if the cost they set for going the grinding route is being influenced by trying to get subbers to pay cash instead to obtain these items. That... I would consider to be despicable.