Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash / Sweep + Bubble Stun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Smash / Sweep + Bubble Stun

skotish
01.24.2013 , 01:01 AM | #51
My poor scoundrel needs to heal now as bubble has negated my
opener And sigh at 6.5k smashes constantly I admit freely I am
having to re roll As I hate healing
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

NoTomorrow
01.24.2013 , 01:17 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Both needs a nerf, I play a marauder Annihilation. I love annihilation but I'm playing carnage all the time, I can not play Rage because I think it's dumb as hell.
In 1.7 I expect roots will afect resolve, smash nerfed, bubble nerfed, 4sec stun from DPS removed. Only in tank and healing tree you'll have a 4sec stun in the 5th line of the tree.
Sniper/slinger, Assassin/Shadow DPS, Powertech/Vang DPS, Operative/Scoundrel DPS, Sorcerer/Sage DPS. If you are a DPS, no 4sec stun for you.
"But I'll not kill a healer alone..", a healer it's not supposed to be killed by just 1 DPS.
You'll lose your stun but the pvp will be funnier for everybody.
No 4sec stun? Ok, than your force charge gets nerfed to 15m range only because the stun was specifically made to counter you.
You mean 1 dps should not kill 1 healer? It's ok if that DPS is an Annihilation marauder, but a Carnage, Pyrotech, Deception and even Smash should definetely 1vs1 healers reliably.

The PvP will be funnier for you, not for everybody.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Savej
01.24.2013 , 01:18 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by GVitanza View Post
Sorry but Focus/Rage spec, needs to be nerfed. Saying bubble stun needs to get nerfed when it is one of the only defenses a sorc healer/dps build has is stupid. Most ppl in wzs role jug/guardian smash spec and once overgeared and you have at least 2 on 1 team, odds aren't in your favor. AND it takes very little skill to actually play focus/rage spec. I don't think all its perk should be taken away but I think its overpowered. But then again they do have to cater to less skilled to keep them playing.
On most servers and in most pug wzs, in the higher level ranges, there are usually more consulars/inqs than knights/warriors, btw.

UltimateKrucible
01.24.2013 , 05:00 AM | #54
I just cannot understand why an ability that pretty much negates all damage then stuns the damage-giver when its removed ... giving the sorc time to sprint off with force speed - which itself is on an ultra-low coolddown - and then re-apply bubble.

Beating a bubble-protected player down is hard in this game, given the insanely quick TTK. The reward should be you actually get to damage the sorc once you pop it. But no .... Instead they get an instant get out of jail card.

It's almost an anti-PvP mechanic. One that actively discourages players from fighting each other. What's the point in attacking a bubble-protected sorc of they cannot be hurt? And why should a sorc engage you, when they can just run off and re-apply their unbreakable armour? Why should anyone rally to protect the healer, when they cannot be damaged?

It's like a chain of fail. Or failing dominoes?
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

rainbow
01.24.2013 , 05:21 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Sniper/slinger, Assassin/Shadow DPS, Powertech/Vang DPS, Operative/Scoundrel DPS, Sorcerer/Sage DPS. If you are a DPS, no 4sec stun for you.
"But I'll not kill a healer alone..", a healer it's not supposed to be killed by just 1 DPS.
You'll lose your stun but the pvp will be funnier for everybody.
I think you could leave the stun on Operatives/Scoundres as they neither have a gap closer nor an escape ability like speed or knockback. They can then decide to use it defensively or offensively.

As for healers are not supposed to be killed by just 1 dps... well you have to balance out the healer vs dps thing... let's say it that way, a healer should at least be occupied with 1 dps so that he can't damage the dps to kill him or can't heal others if the dps is unable to kill the heal. Otherwise the DPS must be able to kill the heal 1on1 or heal would be overpowered.
Jar'Kai Sword:
Adwaennah - Sith Assassin
Evelynne - Operative
Adwaenyth - Jedi Sentinel

NogueiraA
01.24.2013 , 07:17 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
No 4sec stun? Ok, than your force charge gets nerfed to 15m range only because the stun was specifically made to counter you.
You mean 1 dps should not kill 1 healer? It's ok if that DPS is an Annihilation marauder, but a Carnage, Pyrotech, Deception and even Smash should definetely 1vs1 healers reliably.

The PvP will be funnier for you, not for everybody.
Once I want smash get nerfed, try to understand my point of view..
Is to counter me? a DPS vs DPS class? Which disadvantage a Pyro PT has against warriors and Knights? Can we remember before 1.4 when Rage got buffed? Because the way that BW buffed Rage it's pretty unfair with the other DPS's in the game. Know something Rage for me is retarded as it is today.

Your point about stun is to counter the only class that do not have it, warriors and knights DPS, why? This class do much more damage than a Pyro PT? This class has more burst than a Deception Assassin? No. So why the stuns is supposed to counter me? I really want to understand your point.
Warriors and knights do the same damage as the others DPS in the game, and it is the only AC in the game that do not have a 4sec stun, force choke? Ok, it's channeled but do damage at the same time but can be interrupted with a simple Interrupt abilitie from another player, the other stuns can be interrupted? No, it's instant and just breaks using CC breaker. This is why Force Choke can not be consider a stun.

Me as an Assassin player I kill warriors easily, they can do nothing against so many crowd control that I have and I can do more damage than warriors at the end of the match.
You as a sniper you have all the tools to counter warriors. You know that.
Powertech I prefer not to comment...
I want to understand why warriors are considered so overpowered that the other classes have to defend yourself using stuns to stop them, once warriors can not stop someone using a 4sec stun and do damage at the same time.

Is much easier to kill a healer as a powertech, as an assassin, scoundrel.. Not as a Sniper because they can LOS you. But if they are close to you, you can 4sec stun them. You can control them, something that warriors can not.

Tankqull
01.24.2013 , 07:41 AM | #57
smash needs an area dropoff.
the bubble fix is as simple, it shouldn´t be "removable" by rightclick. problem solved. the bobble problem is only existing when the cc component is offensivly used by "removing" it in coordinated groups that can lead to 24sec of constant stuntime.

xxIncubixx
01.24.2013 , 07:51 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by AllanGand View Post
honestly shin, as far as smash goes, sents still have better specs, and there wasn't much of a change to smash spec. The reason you're seeing so many of them around nowadays, is cause they nerfed the range on powertech/vanguard skills, so all those people had to go find another extremely easy to play fotm.

Any player worth their salt will completely destroy a smash spec. The only buff they got, was better rage management/slight cooldown reduction on smash (they'll get it down from 12 seconds, to about 10-10.5 seconds). However,the amount of buffed smashes per minute stayed the same,, it's just that they get to smash 1 gcd earlier now.

Bubble stun is a great tool as a second healer, but you need to have someone in the group who can dish out huge healing numbers, as bubble stun spec reduces their healing output by a considerable amount. Just stick your ranged on them, or a smart warrior and bubbles won't be any problem.
snap all smash monkeys are pr0 leet players and the rest are total n00bs. Thats what i hear when any smash monkey posts anything on the forums.

how is it balanced that a skill that does 5k ++++ damage (on a bad day), 8k on a super day, Its AOE and can just be done right after a force charge right right, just on top of my head the hardest hitting ability of commando for exemple is max 5k on a badly gear player and its with 5 stacks of grav rounds, anddddd here comes the best wait for it! ITS SINGLE TARGET and the list goes on.

Gandee
01.24.2013 , 12:33 PM | #59
no most ranked grps carry heavy melee. and most of those melee are knight/warrior. sage is rare but most to keep one around. everyone QQ'ing about bubble stun should try running a sage/inquisitor to see just how hard it is to do anything if the opposing team pulls their heads out of thier hind parts and hits the sage. they are light armor therefore they should have higher dps output or healing output yet they dont. its quite funny that a medium armor is highest dps followed by a heavy armor class. in pve sage ranks kinda low on the dps side but only makes up for healing output with the aoe heal. in pvp their dmg output is low and they have near no survivability. the only dps class that should whine about sages is shadow/assasin dps they are the only ones without the easy kill button but they do have stealth
and if they are a tank forgot it sage doesnt have enough output to bring them down anyway.

Sideblaze
02.25.2013 , 05:36 PM | #60
I'm a skilless piece of garbage, Please don't nerf my smash spec! I don't know how to play video games!