Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash / Sweep + Bubble Stun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Smash / Sweep + Bubble Stun

Xinika
12.11.2012 , 05:02 AM | #1
Is this legit or just some kind of joke? ETA on nerfs?
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Rabelle
12.11.2012 , 05:06 AM | #2
As far as bubble stun goes it has been confirmed for a nerf (1.7)

Smash/Sweep is as far as I can tell OK in the eyes of the pvp devs.
Héx - Sorcerer The Red Eclipse

Digimanbyte_ID
12.11.2012 , 05:27 AM | #3
1.7 = Major class rebalancing and CC overhauls. So no, no crushing the use out of broken DPS spec with no utility other then CC bombing.

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 05:33 AM | #4
and i heard that the next 1.7 patch is planned no sooner than 9 weeks after 1.6 release. Have fun with the broken pvp and new stupid arms race.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Nightkin
12.11.2012 , 05:36 AM | #5
1.4 has been a right disaster for pvp. The number of people who have been either forced or so impressed by the smash dmg that they reroll sentinels/maras or jugs/guardians have been quite staggering.

The only classes atm who has AoE dmg reduction currently is deceptions sins/shadows, Advanced Prototype PTs but they cant dps their way out of a wet paperbag, oh and ofc maras/sents who can just offspec a little for it in carnage while still dishing monster aoe dps in rage.

This is without a doubt the worst pvp balance i have witnessed since Warhammer Onlines, Age of the Brightwizards....

Oh i forgot, its the same pvp dev team. The ones who were called "one of the best in the world" before the game launched. Do i come off as a tad bitter?

My favourite class due to lore and whatnot is a merc and i only like to do pvp. Go figure that i am not happy, not happy at all with all these blind non-logical changes. I can 1vs1 pve mobs or keyboard turners in subpar gear.

A unhappy player is one who do not sub or even stick by BW´s F2P option. Im off to asia for 2 months 27th of december and the class balance when i get back is gonna be the final straw for me.
Whaaaaambulance at your service

Xinika
12.11.2012 , 06:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
and i heard that the next 1.7 patch is planned no sooner than 9 weeks after 1.6 release. Have fun with the broken pvp and new stupid arms race.
9... weeks?
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 06:32 AM | #7
There was a post somewhere on the PTS about 9 weeks till next 1.7. LOL that's 2 months worth of subscription
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

foxmob
12.11.2012 , 06:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Is this legit or just some kind of joke? ETA on nerfs?
look at it this way...at least you're the one melee class that's relatively immune to the lolsmashers - at least in infiltration. I'm just an innocent, naked l'il VG. *hides blaster rifle behind back*
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

MachoLL
12.11.2012 , 06:36 AM | #9
Lol I don't think sweep/smash is gonna get nerfed any time soon if ever.

AllanGand
12.11.2012 , 06:49 AM | #10
honestly shin, as far as smash goes, sents still have better specs, and there wasn't much of a change to smash spec. The reason you're seeing so many of them around nowadays, is cause they nerfed the range on powertech/vanguard skills, so all those people had to go find another extremely easy to play fotm.

Any player worth their salt will completely destroy a smash spec. The only buff they got, was better rage management/slight cooldown reduction on smash (they'll get it down from 12 seconds, to about 10-10.5 seconds). However,the amount of buffed smashes per minute stayed the same,, it's just that they get to smash 1 gcd earlier now.

Bubble stun is a great tool as a second healer, but you need to have someone in the group who can dish out huge healing numbers, as bubble stun spec reduces their healing output by a considerable amount. Just stick your ranged on them, or a smart warrior and bubbles won't be any problem.