Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing In Warzones (Issues with Kills/Commendations)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healing In Warzones (Issues with Kills/Commendations)

Flobro
12.20.2011 , 05:08 AM | #1
Healing in Warzones:

I have recently been messing around with talents and different specs in warzones and noticed that healers don't get sufficient kills during a Warzone. I wouldn't really care at all but when I get 100 less commendations at the end of every warzone because I don't receive the 10/25 kill medals it gets frustrating and honestly makes me want to go back to DPS. If you want people to keep healing don't penalize them for doing so, give healers "kills" for doing their job as well or we will all go back to DPS!

Please Keep this thread decent as I really want this to get adressed. -Thanks
SWAG

Belzuba
12.20.2011 , 05:15 AM | #2
NP< to finish first with 7+ medals with my Inq. Sorcerrer (full heal spec)

First, you got medals for healt given, and also to do the kills is not a big problem...

Play more, skill up

Alphasgimaone
12.20.2011 , 05:19 AM | #3
I have the same issue; though, my problems is I'm just unbelievably terrible.
SWTOR PvP: now running on the Ellipsis engine.

Belzuba
12.20.2011 , 05:20 AM | #4
And also i want to add , since when is the healer supposed to make kills ? D

Schett
12.20.2011 , 05:29 AM | #5
I got same problem, you need to touch all players so you get credit for their kills, that's wrong, you should get the kill if you are near.

I made a thread about this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=50977
Alot of comment that you should dps more to get kills as healer, please keep it away from this thread. A healer are a healer and not a hybird...

Is's also some issues with the absorb, you dont get protection points for it.
Schett
<Svea Ulvar>
Sith Sorcerer
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

BambulaGTS
12.20.2011 , 05:36 AM | #6
To get medals for "kill" you do not need get someone from 100 % to 0 % health (solo kill) or score a last hit (killing blow).

Just use AoE.

Schett
12.20.2011 , 05:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BambulaGTS View Post
To get medals for "kill" you do not need get someone from 100 % to 0 % health (solo kill) or score a last hit (killing blow).

Just use AoE.
If you mean AoE heal, then sith sorcerer are useless cause we get a gtaoe heal on 40, that cost alot of force.
Schett
<Svea Ulvar>
Sith Sorcerer
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

BambulaGTS
12.20.2011 , 06:14 AM | #8
I mean AoE dmg like death field or force storm. Or dot people here and there.

Jinnz
12.20.2011 , 06:17 AM | #9
No. You have it all wrong OP.

You should not be playing for rewards, you should be playing because you either enjoy healing and the satisfaction you get from keeping team alive and kicking, sometimes winning the scen/wz 'singlehandedly'.

While it isn't fair, im sick of games being balanced around 'wut shineez CAN I HAZ'

Amasuke
12.20.2011 , 06:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinnz View Post
No. You have it all wrong OP.

You should not be playing for rewards, you should be playing because you either enjoy healing and the satisfaction you get from keeping team alive and kicking, sometimes winning the scen/wz 'singlehandedly'.
Nevertheless, you shouldn't have lesser rewards just because you're trying to help others.
Chizu - Sith Sorcerer - The Red Eclipse
"Once we were mighty Jedi of the Republic, brothers in the Force. But the Great Schism between the dark side and the light turned Jedi against Jedi. Our ancestors were defeated, driven off…cast out!" - Marka Ragnos