Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

chuixupu
12.13.2012 , 03:16 PM | #841
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Actually, we weren't promised anything. Someone datamined items with "life day" in their names and everyone assumed there is going to be an event.

I was pissed at first too, and expressed this ni this thread, because I felt that BW is making an event that requires you to spend CC to enjoy it.
But then I went to sleep, got over it, looked at whole case calmly, and yep, it all makes sense.
So to say - there is no life day in old republic era. Many people hated ida of introducing it to SWTOR, others hated any Christmas-related event, and yes, there is no event. There is no story behind it. There are only fluff items themed in a way people want to see, and money flow.
This is true - as I said before, maybe if we actually had Kashyyyk where the only inhabitants who know of Life Day would be able to say something about it could work, but Life Day was not recognized anywhere else in the galaxy at this time. The items are also not content. I still think it would have gone a long way in good faith to put a couple of things things in game for subscribers to run around and have fun with without paying, but I do think some people overreacted to this a bit just because "Every other game is doing a Christmas event OMG" or "SWG had Life Day!" (where it actually made sense to have the holiday unlike here).
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Joesixxpack
12.13.2012 , 03:29 PM | #842
Big deal. If you want to celebrate life day spend the CC you get with your sub and RP it up with your buddies.

No Christmas event? Good, there shouldn't be. We're a long time ago in a friggin' galaxy far, far away. Watch that crappy old special on youtube if you need your fix.

But game ______ haz X-mas stuff? What're you playing this for then? Shove off matey and go play some ______.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Rogoo
12.13.2012 , 03:33 PM | #843
Even though the items are totally crap and I'm not even remotely interested in obtaining any of them, they SHOULD be obtainable through in-game means.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Aelrail
12.13.2012 , 03:39 PM | #844
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
Even though the items are totally crap and I'm not even remotely interested in obtaining any of them, they SHOULD be obtainable through in-game means.
Absolutely, so now we have to pay for event stuff too? Plus the P2W ship parts insult?

I have been a big fan of this game and a loyal subscriber since launch, but if this is a taste of what BW/EA are planning for the game, a cash shop centered game where you have to pay for every single thing and to add insult to injury, P2W items on the store, yeah, NO MORE.

There are plenty of games out there with none of this stupid non-sense.
Bounty Hunter Rakshak - Shield Tech - 55
Sith Warrior Jorxen - Carnage - 55
Imperial SoulTakers Guild - Jedi Covenant server (US East)
CE Owner

LukeSaberRattler
12.13.2012 , 03:41 PM | #845
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
They are obtainable through in-game means it is called the GTN which you use credits you earned in-game to buy things from. It seems to work since I just sold my life day clothes on the GTN yesterday.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

DarthTHC
12.13.2012 , 03:54 PM | #846
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT.
No. Actually, what we feared. Well, expected, was Pay-to-Win. Life day isn't that. But the ship enhancements...

Well done, EA. Well done. You implemented P2W on the second F2P expansion, just as I predicted.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

LukeSaberRattler
12.13.2012 , 03:56 PM | #847
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
No. Actually, what we feared. Well, expected, was Pay-to-Win. Life day isn't that. But the ship enhancements...

Well done, EA. Well done. You implemented P2W on the second F2P expansion, just as I predicted.
They have already admitting to making a mistake with the ship parts and are planning on doing something to correct it go here for the official post
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

Kudach
12.13.2012 , 04:08 PM | #848
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
They have already admitting to making a mistake with the ship parts and are planning on doing something to correct it go here for the official post
And you trust them to do this? Eaware has "said" a lot in the past and have nothing to show for it.
Sith Assassin * There is no hope for you... Jedi.
(██████████████}|Ξ[!(Θ)!]Ξ|{██████████████)

LukeSaberRattler
12.13.2012 , 04:11 PM | #849
Pessimism is a path to the dark side.
The Harbinger

Rogoo
12.13.2012 , 04:16 PM | #850
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
They are obtainable through in-game means it is called the GTN which you use credits you earned in-game to buy things from. It seems to work since I just sold my life day clothes on the GTN yesterday.
ONLY if someone decides to actually sell them.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.