Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

TUXs
12.12.2012 , 09:49 AM | #781
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
If a smoker simply stopped smoking maybe they won't develop a form of cancer.

Things aren't as easy as they sound. The playerbase has proven that they are addicted to the CM to an extent and that this is most likely the biggest profit gainer in the game.

========================

+1 sub to this thread
So...rather than expecting players/smokers to exhibit their own self-control, you blame the people making the game/cigarettes? That's utterly stupid. Bioware is a company trying to make a profit, not a charity. If people can't control themselves, that's THEIR problem.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Andryah
12.12.2012 , 09:49 AM | #782
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
The drama in this thread, all over a few reskinned holiday and spaceship items? Man I can't wait for a real problem to arise.
LOL.. yeah... I've been thinking the same thing.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.

MrSchmo
12.12.2012 , 09:50 AM | #783
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
The drama in this thread, all over a few reskinned holiday and spaceship items? Man I can't wait for a real problem to arise.
There is no hope for the future of mankind.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Fornix
12.12.2012 , 09:52 AM | #784
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
As i said, i like the game and, as a person who likes it, i'm worried about the direction SWTOR is following.
As a person who likes it, you also ought to see the features we've seen over the past 4~5 months:

- August: Grand Acquisition Race
- September: Terror From Beyond
- November: EC Nightmare Mode + Section X + HK-51
- December: New Warzone + Additional space missions

They have picked up their pace on content releases, they've also spread it out more into aiming for bite sized chunks.

Sure there's some cartel stuff going up along with it, however none of that is mandatory. Want premium access? Simply subscribe. Want to get the fluff and junk, well simply spend some cartel coins. It's not as if the game is impossible to play without the use of cartel coins.

The last week of January we'll most probably see the next patch hit live servers, it including another flashpoint or two and perhaps a daily area wouldn't surprise me. With a new raid most probably to be thrown in after that somewhere in March. Anywhere between February ~ April I wouldn't be shocked to see another event pop up either.
Member of <Helix>

CelCawdro
12.12.2012 , 09:54 AM | #785
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
This is what your 500+ coins per month are for my friend. To accumulate and spend on limited time content on the coin market. You would have a valid point if your subscription did not include a monthly award of coins. But that is not the case, and most veterans were sitting on enough coins to buy any event content they wanted... unless they pissed them away on cartel packs at F2P launch.

There is never any compelling reason for any subscriber to ever buy coins, EVEN when there is exclusive content on the coin market.

Now, if for whatever reason, a subscriber is too impulsive to save coins for the future... that's on them.
A friend of mine subscribed for the first time when the model launched. He wasn't given enough coins with that subscription to even think about getting all the Life Day items. Sorry, but your logic simply doesn't work here. Unless subscribers are given enough coins to purchase at least one of everything that isn't provided in the subscription, the "This is what your 500+ coins per month are for my friend"-argument holds no water.

LOL.. yeah... I've been thinking the same thing.
It's not a single event. It's the trend that has been established. I'm sorry that you refuse to allow yourself to see it.

A_nonymous
12.12.2012 , 09:55 AM | #786
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
I got 2 weapons from 1.5 cartel packs for under 100k each. Just wait for the prices to lower or just grind dailies until you have the cash. It's not that hard to get credits.
It's not that it's hard. It's that you shouldn't have to. I think the root problem here is that the subs are not feeling the love. I play DCUO. It's got a F2P model. I'm a sub and I still feel like the game is hooking me up with the good stuff though because every time they come out with something new (new power set, player housing, etc.....) the f2p people have to pay for it and the subs get it for free. So it becomes another motivation to sub up. I don't see any real hatred toward the f2p people that I see in TOR either because the subs feel like they're being taken care of. Lately TOR feels like the subs are being pushed to the side and everything is catering towards the f2p people.

Legacy is meaningless now. Used to be that it meant something as you had to play through chapter 1 to get it. Now it means nothing as you can get it much easier. Used to be that legacy unlocks meant something as you had to level your legacy and/or grind out millions of creds in order to unlock stuff. Now you don't any more. You just fork over real money. So you have f2p players who have the exact same perks that subs do. Why sub? For $40 I can get the same stuff I've got now and I pay that one time. The other option is to pay $10-15 a month. So I can pay $120 a year to get stuff or I can pay $40 one time. Which is better?
Gunwalker Legacy FTW.

Eillack
12.12.2012 , 09:56 AM | #787
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
So...rather than expecting players/smokers to exhibit their own self-control, you blame the people making the game/cigarettes? That's utterly stupid. Bioware is a company trying to make a profit, not a charity. If people can't control themselves, that's THEIR problem.
No Mr. Constructive, I was saying that people have a possible issue of not being able to step away from something (in this case the CM). Thanks for reading my post fully...

ViridisDraco
12.12.2012 , 09:56 AM | #788
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
There is no hope for the future of mankind.
and for SW:ToR
Tsarthai - Jedi Guardian - Officer of "Operation Edge"- The Progenitor
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Don't expect reason or logic to apply here, this is just one of the forms of SWTOR endgame:
- Flashpoints - Operations - Space - PvP - Forum ranting & trolling

Shoogli
12.12.2012 , 10:00 AM | #789
Now, if for whatever reason, a subscriber is too impulsive to save coins for the future... that's on them.
I haven't spent any of my coin yet, I have subbed since launch, I have collector edition : I sit at 3550 CCs as of right now.

I have 9 characters, but enough CCs for just one character for the life day pack since even if I save more it'll be gone before I can get enough.

Without paying more than my sub, no matter how you calculate :

This is the FIRST AND ONLY MMO (and I've played tons the past 12 years) where I can't have seasonal event items on the number of characters I wish them on.

So the overused "This is what your 500+ coins per month are for my friend." spin that you USE in every thread about the matter is getting old... Frankly it's *really* getting old !
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

SNCommand
12.12.2012 , 10:02 AM | #790
People take their seasonal events effin seriously
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.