Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Foambreaker
12.12.2012 , 09:12 AM | #751
Quote: Originally Posted by Marak View Post
You all are being ridiculous.

This wasn't just "cats and cows". This was a patch that included a new warzone and new tier of PvP gear.

We also recently got 3-4 hours of content in the HK line. Before that we got a new operation and new tier of PvE content.

I mean seriously-- just because there is a lawnmower with Christmas lights on the cartel shop doesn't mean that's *all* there is.
It's a snow blower, duh!

lasstn
12.12.2012 , 09:12 AM | #752
Quote: Originally Posted by Marak View Post
Want to know how much content WoW had 1 year in?
No, and i dont care, if i cared i would be on the WoW forums looking for that info.

BounceDK
12.12.2012 , 09:13 AM | #753
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
I really, REALLY expected something cool from you, the masterminds of Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate. But i guess that time is over.
That company is no more. Look at all their recent games just for reference..

CelCawdro
12.12.2012 , 09:14 AM | #754
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Or......

If players simply stopped buying Cartel packs, Bioware would be forced to deliver content worth paying for. The power to end the "Cartel Shop Madness" is in our hands, Bioware is simply a company trying to capitalize on a product. Demand is what is driving the market.
No, they'd simply shut the game down (maybe not entirely, but enough to justify calling the game "dead"). EA believes that people aren't interested in "content worth paying for." This is SW:TOR's second chance, and it if doesn't pan out, the game will go the way of WAR - gutted and left on the wayside. It is also perfectly acceptable for the game to thrive on these packs, as long as some of the profits actually make their way back into the core game.

What we have now is a self-perpetuating cycle of Cartel Shop items merely funding more Cartel Shop items. It's a good strategy for revenue, but not for the long-term enjoyment of players. The system will subsist on a constant influx of new players being nickel-and-dimed to the point of leaving, but having served their purpose.

Marak
12.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #755
Quote: Originally Posted by BounceDK View Post
That company is no more. Look at all their recent games just for reference..
aka "I didn't like the ending to ME3 even though the first 99% of the game was universally considered a superior product". This is what is wrong with video game consumers today..
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

Kalina
12.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #756
I truly believe no matter if they had content every month or bug free. That the community wouldnt *****. Its a optional choice to buy from the market. I personally see no harm in it. Many of you out there expect way to much. There not perfeft but for godsakes its a videogame. A videogame that is fictional created items in a virtual world. Its not the end of the world if you dont like it. Move on play somthing new or sit and take it for what its worth.

Katsuragisama
12.12.2012 , 09:19 AM | #757
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Really? In my experience most MMOs are in the same state SWTOR is in at year one. Scrambling to make content for the impatient masses. In any event, we've gotten plenty of permanent pets, titles, etc. over this year. I have two pets, a jawa, and various titles.

I know that most MMO players live by the Janet Jackson maxim of "What have you done for me lately?" However, we have received plenty of crap that most people I see in game don't even use.
Really? Cause I've played Rift, FFXIV, SWTOR, and GW2 at launch. I dont know about Rift, I didnt play it long enough to see if they had any holiday events.

FFXIV and GW2 however, always have events. GW2 launched in August and had a great event ready 2 months later for Halloween. I dont remember if FFXIV had a Halloween event when it launched in Sept of 2010, but they did have a Christmas event.

Let's not defend EAWare from what this really is. They were too lazy to do an event so they just went for a quick cash grab instead.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Alec_Fortescue
12.12.2012 , 09:19 AM | #758
Bioware was harvested by rEApers. I only hope that the cycle will continue and they will, once more, show everyone how to make best rpg games out there.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Marak
12.12.2012 , 09:20 AM | #759
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
We also got a vast amount of new and exciting bugs. Also comparing WoW several years ago is meaningless if you have to compare then you should be comparing to products currently available.
Well I would compare it to The Secret World or Tera Online but then I would be accused of comparing it to inferior products that no one expected to succeed.

edit: And everyone has bugs. Not to keep pounding the WoW drum, but anyone else remember when WoW was down for *weeks*? Yeah at least that never happened here.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

turjake
12.12.2012 , 09:22 AM | #760
Blah, I was not too excited for a life day in swg, but atleast the stuff was free. And you got extra quests to collect some of it. Currently the prices for that stuff are ridiculous in the cartel market, and they did not bother to add any ingame celebration... although I am afraid that if they do, they will take the worst of sw-holiday special as their guideline...