Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

TUXs
12.12.2012 , 08:59 AM | #741
Or......

If players simply stopped buying Cartel packs, Bioware would be forced to deliver content worth paying for. The power to end the "Cartel Shop Madness" is in our hands, Bioware is simply a company trying to capitalize on a product. Demand is what is driving the market.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Darth_Acherus
12.12.2012 , 09:01 AM | #742
Quote: Originally Posted by Marak View Post
Want to know how much content WoW had 1 year in?

2 raids.
3 battlegrounds.
Minimal additional side content. Didn't even have dailies at this point.
No hard mode 5-mans. Only a handful (like 3) "end game" instances.

What have we gotten?
EV (3 modes), KP (3 modes), EC (3 modes), TFB (2 modes)
Voidstar, Novare, Huttball, Civil War, and the new one.
Normal and Hard mode flashpoints.
We also got new space missions and a new companion side quest.

I would say we are doing just fine in the content department.

edit: I should also add that WoW released one "end game instance" (Dire Maul) halfway through the first year whereas SWTOR released 2 (Kaon/Lost Island).
At this point you need to compare swtor to wow now and not when it released. Those days are long over.
Jung Ma - Nariell 50 Sentinel <Alpha Company>
Jung Ma - Alosa 50 Commando <Alpha Company> (Retired)

Draksen
12.12.2012 , 09:01 AM | #743
Before 1.5/F2P kicked in, they said that subscribers will have access to all.
Now subscribers already pay their 13€, but in addition to have "all" they have to add 20€ per major patch.
And dont come here to say that what they add is cosmetic... the ship upgrades are almost mendatory to be comfortable for playing the new ship missions!

They are building a Pay to Win game, slowly but surely (and not so slowly after all)
Major Krypho Kallistis, Commando d'assaut
Krypso Kallistis, Jedi de la République Galactique
Krypto Kallistis, Capitaine contrebandier et Corsaire
Battle Méditation RP-PvE / EU - français

TUXs
12.12.2012 , 09:02 AM | #744
Quote: Originally Posted by lasstn View Post
Its not just in MMOs, its in single player games to now, NBA 2k13 you can buy skill points instead of playing the game lol, in the new Football manager you can buy a bigger stadion for real money etc. etc.

Sad direction for gaming.
Meh, everyone is trying to make the easy $ these days. They PLAYERS are who support these cash grabs...don't blame the companies for trying to make money...developing games isn't free.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

ElitehunterDS
12.12.2012 , 09:05 AM | #745
Quote: Originally Posted by Draksen View Post
Before 1.5/F2P kicked in, they said that subscribers will have access to all.
Now subscribers already pay their 13€, but in addition to have "all" they have to add 20€ per major patch.
And dont come here to say that what they add is cosmetic... the ship upgrades are almost mendatory to be comfortable for playing the new ship missions!

They are building a Pay to Win game, slowly but surely (and not so slowly after all)
I bought every parts except 2 on the GTN for under 2 millions, so no its not mandatory to buy it on the cartel market, they are BoE / craftable and probably REabble (not sure why you would RE them if you can buy the Schematics tho.. lol).
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

DeadlyConqueror
12.12.2012 , 09:07 AM | #746
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
I bought every parts except 2 on the GTN for under 2 millions, so no its not mandatory to buy it on the cartel market, they are BoE / craftable and probably REabble (not sure why you would RE them if you can buy the Schematics tho.. lol).
Do you know how much 2 millions of credits are for the majority of people?

Marak
12.12.2012 , 09:08 AM | #747
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
No, if you talk about a year of development you should look at what they released AFTER launch, not the whole thing.

I think one game is more than enough to prove that SWTOR has released far less content than expected.

RIFT.

<Cut>

Do i have to continue with Everquest? or LotRO?
Why the after distinction? The first year *includes* launch. You are saying that if a game is launched with 5000 hours of content but releases 10 hours of content after that for the first year that it is penalized compared to a game that releases 50 hours of content at release and 20 hours of content throughout the first year. Until there is a level cap increase, rendering the release content outdated, then it all counts. And KP was not available at launch-- sorry. It came a month after launch.

And you are including things in Rift Year 2 like that is somehow comparable. SWTOR isn't in Year 2 yet.

And sure-- do EQ. EQ had very minimal content within the first year and honestly I wouldn't compare SWTOR to EQ even if it made SWTOR look good. That was an entirely different generation and style of MMOs. Most people hadn't even hit 50 yet within the first year in that game because leveling simply took forever.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

Fornix
12.12.2012 , 09:09 AM | #748
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
No, if you talk about a year of development you should look at what they released AFTER launch, not the whole thing.

I think one game is more than enough to prove that SWTOR has released far less content than expected.

RIFT.

Do i have to continue with Everquest? or LotRO?
You don't have to continue with anything, except for perhaps explaining why you're here if the grass is so much greener on the other side.

Sure in terms of quantity RIFT, EQ and LOTRO released a lot. However, to me the quality of that content has been inferior. As such, I'm not playing those games nor am I spending my days on their forums ranting on as to how crappy their updates are.

Meanwhile I'm perfectly enjoying my time in SWTOR, am happy with the quantity of updates and am satisfied with the quality of the updates.

Way too many people are too busy trying to turn every single MMO flavor of the month they hop onto into their direction, rather than just playing a game, seeing if it fits them and if not, move on. It's not all that hard. Just learn to realize that you're not going to enjoy every single MMO out there on the market. Find one which suits you, and stick to it.
Member of <Helix>

Marak
12.12.2012 , 09:10 AM | #749
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
At this point you need to compare swtor to wow now and not when it released. Those days are long over.
This is irrational. You can't compare gross content to gross content between a 1 year old game and an 8-9 year old game. If you want to pick out a more recent expansion to compare to fine. Compare SWTOR to MoP and you will see a similar amount of content within their time frames.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

CelCawdro
12.12.2012 , 09:11 AM | #750
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
On Fleet, the noise of all the cartel packs getting opened is MADNESS

Apparently, f2p and the CM is working so this thread won't last long.
Sure, it's working. But to what end?