Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

DeadlyConqueror
12.12.2012 , 08:36 AM | #731
The fact is: passion needs to return to the videogames industry again. An example of the contrary is Mr. Patcher and his talk about "monetization" recently. That was disgusting and people like him should never be allowed to talk. Same matter for Riccitiello at EA.

With passion, everything is...more. I hope you can understand what i mean.

Marak
12.12.2012 , 08:38 AM | #732
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
I'm sorry but we are at 1 year anniversary and i expected much more in this year than a couple of operations, two flashpoints, two warzones and a companion.
Want to know how much content WoW had 1 year in?

2 raids.
3 battlegrounds.
Minimal additional side content. Didn't even have dailies at this point.
No hard mode 5-mans. Only a handful (like 3) "end game" instances.

What have we gotten?
EV (3 modes), KP (3 modes), EC (3 modes), TFB (2 modes)
Voidstar, Novare, Huttball, Civil War, and the new one.
Normal and Hard mode flashpoints.
We also got new space missions and a new companion side quest.

I would say we are doing just fine in the content department.

edit: I should also add that WoW released one "end game instance" (Dire Maul) halfway through the first year whereas SWTOR released 2 (Kaon/Lost Island).
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

Quraswren
12.12.2012 , 08:40 AM | #733
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Well, Since the never officially confirmed there would be an event....it's a push.
I don't think he can handle the truth.

DeadlyConqueror
12.12.2012 , 08:48 AM | #734
Quote: Originally Posted by Marak View Post
Want to know how much content WoW had 1 year in?

2 raids.
3 battlegrounds.
Minimal additional side content. Didn't even have dailies at this point.
No hard mode 5-mans. Only a handful (like 3) "end game" instances.
That means nothing. I don't understand why people still compare TOR to WoW, even if they are similar.

Quote:
What have we gotten?
EV (3 modes), KP (3 modes), EC (3 modes), TFB (2 modes)
EV and KP were already here at launch (KP got implemented after 1 month or less).

Quote:
Voidstar, Novare, Huttball, Civil War, and the new one.
Normal and Hard mode flashpoints.
We also got new space missions and a new companion side quest.
Huttball, Alderaan warzone and Voidstar were here at launch. Same thing as Hard mode flashpoints.

New space missions are doable if you farm months to get all the items your ship need. MONTHS.

Or just buy Pack from Cartel Market. Yes, that's the way we are heading to.

Quote:
I would say we are doing just fine in the content department.
I really, really hoped that. But that's not true unfortunately.

itsmymillertime
12.12.2012 , 08:49 AM | #735
On Fleet, the noise of all the cartel packs getting opened is MADNESS

Apparently, f2p and the CM is working so this thread won't last long.

Marak
12.12.2012 , 08:50 AM | #736
That means nothing. I don't understand why people still compare TOR to WoW, even if they are similar.

EV and KP were already here at launch (KP got implemented after 1 month or less).

Huttball, Alderaan warzone and Voidstar were here at launch. Same thing as Hard mode flashpoints.

New space missions are doable if you farm months to get all the items your ship need. MONTHS.

Or just buy Pack from Cartel Market. Yes, that's the way we are heading to.

I really, really hoped that. But that's not true unfortunately.
It doesn't matter that it was here at launch. I'm just going by total content. If you want to go by post-launch released content it's all SWTOR.

And what else do you want to compare it to? You say its not enough content for a year in but by the industry standard we are well above average of content at a year in. Compare it to Rift. Compare it to Aion. SWTOR produces more content than anyone else has by this point in their development.

Rhinzual
12.12.2012 , 08:51 AM | #737
You all are being ridiculous.

This wasn't just "cats and cows". This was a patch that included a new warzone and new tier of PvP gear.

We also recently got 3-4 hours of content in the HK line. Before that we got a new operation and new tier of PvE content.

I mean seriously-- just because there is a lawnmower with Christmas lights on the cartel shop doesn't mean that's *all* there is.
All of that was meant for 1.4, but they spread it out so new/returning players would think that they were pushing out more content each patch. Also, 3-4 hours isn't very much for a companion, I spend more time doing a couple quest chains on Voss, and I know because I make frequent use of my QT.

Marak
12.12.2012 , 08:55 AM | #738
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinzual View Post
All of that was meant for 1.4, but they spread it out so new/returning players would think that they were pushing out more content each patch. Also, 3-4 hours isn't very much for a companion, I spend more time doing a couple quest chains on Voss, and I know because I make frequent use of my QT.
This argument again..

Would you have preferred they take their time and make 1.6 right or rush it out all in 1 bigger patch? Damned if they do and damned if they don't. The content is still released and available. That's better than not released and not available.

Fornix
12.12.2012 , 08:55 AM | #739
Yeh, so, what? That's what the community wants. A grind before finishing things, and it to be difficult. Besides that, even purchasing the cartel items isn't going to make it all that much easier, the average player will still take many, many tries to finish it.

To some, that level of insanity is what raiding ought to become again as well. So not sure how you feel about that matter, but if you prefer doable raids you may just as well start praying BioWare stops listening to the community . Before you know it you'll be facing instant wipes.

PvP is already facing changes, expertise flying out of the window and all. This is definitely going to toughen things up for those who currently only had their success in PvP as they had the luxury of grinding commendations for many hours in order to obtain OP gear.
Member of <Helix>

DeadlyConqueror
12.12.2012 , 08:59 AM | #740
It doesn't matter that it was here at launch. I'm just going by total content. If you want to go by post-launch released content it's all SWTOR.
No, if you talk about a year of development you should look at what they released AFTER launch, not the whole thing.

Quote:
And what else do you want to compare it to? You say its not enough content for a year in but by the industry standard we are well above average of content at launch. Compare it to Rift. Compare it to Aion. SWTOR produces more content than anyone else has by this point in their development.
I think one game is more than enough to prove that SWTOR has released far less content than expected.

RIFT.

YEAR 2011:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

2012:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Expansion: Storm Legion
Release Date: November 13, 2012

Do i have to continue with Everquest? or LotRO?