Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Goretzu
12.12.2012 , 05:03 AM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
They are not mythical, and I am indeed a whale when it comes to games that I am having a wonderful time playing. That being said, 5500 coins per character? No. My estimates were based on purchase for a single character, as all pricing should be, otherwise it would be completely unreasonable. I have over 20 characters between the Live Servers and the PTS, so even if I could afford the coinage per character, I would not spend it anyway. It would be unfair to hold BW responsible for the number of characters I choose to create and play with, so basing pricing off of just one is acceptable.

Otherwise, where would we draw the line? The two characters that F2Pers get? That would still piss off the people with 8 characters (one of each base class). So we draw the line at 8 toons. What happens then to the players who have 12 toons (the current default for subs on a single server). So we allow the pricing to encompass those players. That still leaves out the players who have 16 characters - 8 on a PvE server and 8 on a PvP server. What about 24 toons - 12 on each? And so on, until either the pricing has to be raised enough to not make it worth purchasing at all, or the cost of the items is so diluted as to not make it worth selling to begin with.

Would it be nice if the Armor was bound to accounts so that all toons could use it? Yeah, but again, the way the game was designed, that would be unreasonable, imo, not to mention useless for many of my toons anyway. It seems to me most of the CM items are not bound to a single character outside of the armor (which makes sense to me), so I would only need to purchase one item anyway and transfer it between characters as I play, if I wanted to.

BJ
So what would you say was an unreasonable price per charater?

It's between 2400CC and 5500CC obviously.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Goretzu
12.12.2012 , 05:07 AM | #662
Quote: Originally Posted by Tic- View Post
As a subscriber, this "f2p" is worse than i even imagined, and after having been through EA's Warhammer Online, I can imagine quite a bit...
I've been playing MMOs a really long time, and seen some pretty weird stuff, Trammel/Felucca, TOA, NGE, amongst others, but what i have seen EA do to their last two big (huge) budget MMOs really takes the cake.

Good luck, and thanks for all the fish..
Yeah it's somewhat amazing they've already manage to plumb new depths that they didn't even manage with WAR.

I was kinda expecting to see this sort of thing by next Christmas, but certainly NOT before this Christmas.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithEmpress View Post
^This is how I feel, I just wish they actual put some real effort into the game beside the cartel market. As other said, all the other major MMO are doing celebration with fun quest and things to get the community together, along with normal updates. We have to buy things to even celebrate, that is sad. This was there chance to make an event to for the players to remember the game first year by and they did nothing.
You pay a sub for access to the game, all fun is charged for extra on the Cashshop. That's unfortunately how it is with SWTOR now.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Arathenes
12.12.2012 , 05:13 AM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
So, What should we be entitled to for a game being a year old?
Maybe getting rid of people who bash against anyone who has concerns against the way "Bioware" is screwing its fanbase... Ah right f2p... *smirk*

Goretzu
12.12.2012 , 05:16 AM | #664
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
The items per se could be a fun addition, but the prices make it obvious that it's intended to be Christmas for EAware, not the players. The 2400 CC for the Life Day package almost cost as much as a two months sub. That's out of proportion IMO, especially when half of it is just recolored/reskinned existing stuff.

An event to earn those items would have been much better, but I would have much, much preferred a bug-fix package for Christmas. If it gets the job done, I'd rather donate for bug fixes than pay for toys.
The cost per character is completely bonkers.

There's simply NO justification for it (which is why I suspect no one at Bioware EA has tried here).

Goretzu
12.12.2012 , 05:18 AM | #665
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
So, What should we be entitled to for a game being a year old?
In every other MMORPG in existance? Usally something permenant like a pet or a title or even a flag or banner.

Stacks of fireworks are something ever other MMORPG gives away FREE with their FREE in game events.

SilentKitty
12.12.2012 , 05:20 AM | #666
Well, you can buy the Life day boots for 70 K and the lower robes for 200 K on GTN on my server at least. I wouldn't be surprised if the price went down a little actually but we will see where it ends up.

Master-Nala
12.12.2012 , 05:22 AM | #667
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
I see no reason anyone in the SWTOR galaxy would celebrate the birth of a religious figure from an entirely different galaxy.
Who hasn't been born yet in the time period of the game.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Master-Nala
12.12.2012 , 05:29 AM | #668
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
In every other MMORPG in existance? Usally something permenant like a pet or a title or even a flag or banner.

Stacks of fireworks are something ever other MMORPG gives away FREE with their FREE in game events.
Really? In my experience most MMOs are in the same state SWTOR is in at year one. Scrambling to make content for the impatient masses. In any event, we've gotten plenty of permanent pets, titles, etc. over this year. I have two pets, a jawa, and various titles.

I know that most MMO players live by the Janet Jackson maxim of "What have you done for me lately?" However, we have received plenty of crap that most people I see in game don't even use.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Goretzu
12.12.2012 , 05:32 AM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Well, you can buy the Life day boots for 70 K and the lower robes for 200 K on GTN on my server at least. I wouldn't be surprised if the price went down a little actually but we will see where it ends up.
The cheapest Life Day item of clothing on my server is a pair of Life Day boot for 440,000 Credits.

There are 7 Life Day items of clothing in total, with the most expensive being 700,000 Credits.

Taorus
12.12.2012 , 05:32 AM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

Oh...so just more entitlement issue's. got ya.