Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

mobow
12.11.2012 , 06:10 PM | #601
I was hoping that all scrib would get the orb, or the tree and the fireworks at least.
SWG Kettermoor: Nagyt

Tic-
12.11.2012 , 06:16 PM | #602
As a subscriber, this "f2p" is worse than i even imagined, and after having been through EA's Warhammer Online, I can imagine quite a bit...
I've been playing MMOs a really long time, and seen some pretty weird stuff, Trammel/Felucca, TOA, NGE, amongst others, but what i have seen EA do to their last two big (huge) budget MMOs really takes the cake.

Good luck, and thanks for all the fish..

JimG
12.11.2012 , 06:21 PM | #603
Is any of this Life Day stuff THAT good anyway? I bought the gear set and threw it into storage for use or re-sale down the road. Bought the orb that costs a whopping 60 coins. It's not like there's anything that you can't live without there.

Korusus
12.11.2012 , 06:25 PM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Is any of this Life Day stuff THAT good anyway? I bought the gear set and threw it into storage for use or re-sale down the road. Bought the orb that costs a whopping 60 coins. It's not like there's anything that you can't live without there.
I don't think that's the problem. Everything on the cash shop sucks. The problem is the lack of any effort on BioWare's part in regards to the holiday or the 1 year anniversary. Literally 0 effort to mark either occasions. None.

You could set your watch by the lack of effort.

DarthZak
12.11.2012 , 06:42 PM | #605
Its a matter of principle. I was a strong advocate for this game until this day.
Now I can no longer follow the path that BioWare took
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 06:43 PM | #606
I think the Life day speeder may be the worst looking speeder ingame, not only is a remodel of the box speeder (which i personally do not like although im sure do like it) but there remodel or reskin if u want to call it consists of d****** christmas tree lights over it, and they they sell it for 1200cc

Kashley
12.11.2012 , 06:45 PM | #607
I am insulted by the life day cartel pack items... I swear the speeder looks straight out of the Star Wars Trailer park... All the mount rider needs is a can of Natural Ice to complete the look.
Insert witty signature here.

Cial
12.11.2012 , 06:46 PM | #608
Completely insulting to make us pay for these items. Should have been a real event with real rewards to get through gameplay - like a normal mmo.

You failed big time BW
Cialy - Mara
Cial - Sorc
The Bastion

MoltenRog
12.11.2012 , 06:46 PM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
Well i love swtor but I have to say this makes me mad. This is the first mmo that I have ever played that makes you pay to enjoy holiday fun. There should really be quests to get these items at least for subs. This is a big fat fail imo bioware.
Life day wasn't around until 1ABY there is no history on it in the Old Republic, the fact that its in, is basically adding non-canon equipment for your leisure, plus the amount of people qq'd about it like 6 months ago.

Not Canon,

BJWyler
12.11.2012 , 06:56 PM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Ok a few questions,

what free things? are you talking about the Tauntaun we got for 1.2 to keep the players sweet for waiting so long for something that should of been in at launch??

Or the pet and black hole comms we got for when they did server merges again to keep the players sweet after waiting so long on dead servers and then some losing there names??
Yes, because regardless of what you think of them or the reasons we got them, they were indeed given out to subscribers for free, in addition to the Cartel Coins we already got and will continue to receive as subscribers. The poster I was responding to claimed they received nothing in the past year except for the fireworks pack, which was an incorrect statement I thus corrected.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Next question....

you said earlier that you would spend money on things that kept u entertained, so whats entertaining about say the speeder (for example) that you click 1 button to get, dont do any quests or any content, just wondering how that keeps you entertained in the game
Why do I hang pictures on the wall? Why to I drive up to the top of the mountain to sit and watch Mother Nature in action for an afternoon? Why do I just sit in a chair and watch my 7 year old daughter paint pictures with her fingers? Why do I buy certain ornaments to hang on my Christmas Tree?

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more