Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Horseshoekrab
12.11.2012 , 04:39 PM | #581
Its a game...deal with it. Oh BOO HOO your poor pixelated items aren't free or easy to get...go tell that to people starving on this planet or getting killed every day in some civil war or something. You people make me sick sometimes with all your whining and crying and not having a CLUE about all the pain outside in the world that you are lucky enough to avoid.

I have tons of disposable income, so I can buy what i want...but if I didn't I sure as heck would not be crying here on the forums knowing that somewhere some 90 pound under nourished kid is going to be wracked with hunger while I cry about a 2400 cartel coin pixel pack.

ChrisJW
12.11.2012 , 04:41 PM | #582
I've been generally happy with what BW has done with the game and haven't had much to complain about up until now. I don't post much and mostly just lurk these forums but I feel I have to come here and post my agreement with most people here. I am one of those people who love the special events in these games and getting all the unique items associated with them. I don't mind that they put armor sets, crystals, pets, etc. on the cartel market but the putting the "event" items on there, without an alternate way to earn them by questing or whatever, is just wrong. I feel that subscribers should have the option to earn these items some other way. My limited stipend of CC coins for this month is not going to allow me to get all the limited time "event" items without paying out the *** to get them on the GTN. This will prevent me from enjoying this "event" as much as I have the others.

TheNahash
12.11.2012 , 04:45 PM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
From the promo post just up today.

Translation: Nothing comes into the game from here on out except through the Cartel Shop.

Happy Life Day!
Translation No2: Nothing comes into the game from here on out except through the Cartel Shop. However, everything sold on the Cartel Shop can be purchased for in-game credits from the GTN or through trading with other players.

yes...that's more accurate....

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 04:47 PM | #584
Quote: Originally Posted by Horseshoekrab View Post
Its a game...deal with it. Oh BOO HOO your poor pixelated items aren't free or easy to get...go tell that to people starving on this planet or getting killed every day in some civil war or something. You people make me sick sometimes with all your whining and crying and not having a CLUE about all the pain outside in the world that you are lucky enough to avoid.

I have tons of disposable income, so I can buy what i want...but if I didn't I sure as heck would not be crying here on the forums knowing that somewhere some 90 pound under nourished kid is going to be wracked with hunger while I cry about a 2400 cartel coin pixel pack.
Well the items are actually very easy to get you click a button and your done but hey that counts as content right??

Seen as tho you have tons of disposable income maybe you should donate some to that under nourished kid like alot of us do then maybe your "tons" for disposible income wouldnt be so much and you would get the warm fuzzy feeling knowing you had helped someone instead of buying pixelated items with real world cash.

Senden
12.11.2012 , 04:48 PM | #585
See those sort of cartel packs with brand new items for people to get are exactly what they should be focusing on with the Cartel Market. You could argue the random nature of them are a bit dirty but from a business sense, it's very clever. Stuff like over-priced festive stuff including re-skinned lawnmowers with x-mas lights on them and p2w spaceship upgrades are taking it too imho and EA's greed showing less than a month since f2p/cartel market was introduced to the game.

O and response to the topic title.. SHUP UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

CelCawdro
12.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Translation No2: Nothing comes into the game from here on out except through the Cartel Shop. However, everything sold on the Cartel Shop can be purchased for in-game credits from the GTN or through trading with other players.

yes...that's more accurate....
Except everything from the GTN and trade still ultimately comes from, you guessed it, the Cartel Shop. I once looked at that little tidbit as a positive, but I've grown cynical with this patch. They're just going to use that little asterisk as an excuse for adding anything and everything to the shop. It has become the focus of the game, and that's a very bad thing.

TheNahash
12.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #587
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Except everything from the GTN and trade still ultimately comes from, you guessed it, the Cartel Shop. I once looked at that little tidbit as a positive, but I've grown cynical with this patch. They're just going to use that little asterisk as an excuse for adding anything and everything to the shop. It has become the focus of the game, and that's a very bad thing.
And you care if someone chooses to spend his real life money to get things from the cartel shop just to sell them on the GTN because...?

CelCawdro
12.11.2012 , 04:57 PM | #588
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
And you care if someone chooses to spend his real life money to get things from the cartel shop just to sell them on the GTN because...?
I don't care, at all.
Never implied that I did.

I am simply distressed by the fact that virtually all developed content is being connected to the shop in some way. And instead of being invested back into the game to bring us more of the things that made SW:TOR great, we're getting tired, rehashed and repetitive content that is phoned in merely to get people to stick around until the next round of shinies. The Cartel Shop has become the purpose of this game for BioWare. And that's not a good thing.

Tenceriker
12.11.2012 , 05:02 PM | #589
I don't care, at all.

I am simply distressed by the fact that virtually all developed content is being connected to the shop in some way. And instead of being invested back into the game to bring us more of the things that made SW:TOR great, we're getting tired, rehashed and repetitive content that is phoned in merely to get people to stick around until the next round of shinies. The Cartel Shop has become the purpose of this game for BioWare. And that's not a good thing.
It's not like the more cynical users didn't warn you about how to EA treats games on life support. They are going to milk players for as much as they are willing to pay. We danced with the devil, and the devil doesn't change.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

TheNahash
12.11.2012 , 05:05 PM | #590
I don't care, at all.

I wouldn't say that.
They did give a new PVP set (just like they gave a new PVE set with one of the patch), a new WZ, Section X and HK-51, none of which have any connection to the Cartel Shop, with the exception of purchasing the right to use them for F2P players, which really doesn't affect subs at all.

Of course the Cartel Shop is going to be a major focus for them to make up for all the lost revenue from going F2P and there is always room for improvement and more content, but until now I have not seen any unreasonable focus on the CS. Granted, I would have liked more content and more vanity gear added to the game without having to buy it one way or another from the Cartel Shop and without it being a shameless recoloring of a previous set, but still...