Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Urael
12.11.2012 , 12:38 PM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by MiraniSedai View Post
Well its official no lifeday event.

See the first BW post in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=565517

That makes all of this about the money and nothing else without question.
Going to have to agree.

DwainD
12.11.2012 , 12:40 PM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
Well i love swtor but I have to say this makes me mad. This is the first mmo that I have ever played that makes you pay to enjoy holiday fun. There should really be quests to get these items at least for subs. This is a big fat fail imo bioware.
Then don't buy them.

BJWyler
12.11.2012 , 12:45 PM | #513

Since when has the gaming industry been about anything but the money? And don't say Indie devs are all about the game and not the money, because while there are those dedicated few who only do it for the enjoyment of it, there are plenty Indies out there doing it for the money or to get enough street cred to be employeed by the Evil Nasty Corporate Empire. The naivety of the gaming populace never ceases to astound!!

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

AlienEyeTX
12.11.2012 , 12:45 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

I'm pretty sure I'm NOT paying a subscription to a BMW dealer.

Maybe I'd better check again in case you know something I don't.
These items are no different than any other Cartel shop items. They are not available otherwise and you must pay for these optional items. They add fun and amusement and go above and beyond what you get for subscribing.

That they are "holiday related" only increases their appeal. That means people will be more likely to want them. That means that people will be more likely to buy them.

OMG, what is this company thinking... wanting people to buy stuff so they can make some money?!?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

MiaRB
12.11.2012 , 12:45 PM | #515
i would much rather the devs keep working on real content for the game instead of wasting time on meaningless holiday events. fireworks and the stuff in CC shop are more than enough.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Quraswren
12.11.2012 , 12:48 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
So would you complain about a dead bug on your steak?

Again though a bug may be a "ridculous" complaint to its exactly the same thing, complaining about somethign you don't like which apparently you "don't do", except when you do.
Whenever a bug on my food affects my in game play I'll get an answer for you.
Bug on food not so ridiculous. Crying about price on digital items you don't need. Very much ridiculous.

Quote:
Er...... check my earlier posts, I said pretty much exactly that.

So it seems that you DO agree with me after all.
Depends, are you complaining about price and time limits or an alternate path through an in game event? If it's the later then yea we can agree. If its the former or both, then no not fully cause of what I have been reading you're all over the board on complaints today. EA, BW, time limits, price to high - you get my point I'm sure.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
No but if the BMW dealer said you had to buy the steering wheel, back window sheild, and the 4th tire seperate, you would prob not buy their car.
Probably cause those things are needed for the car to work properly in most cases. So not getting the car would be the best choice there.

Not getting a Life day item will in no way stop you from playing the game or even remotely hinder playing the game beyond what someone might imagine it on a personal level.

Quote:
In the MMO world, F2P games just dont usually do what BIOWARE is doing with their F2P game, so it does warrent some distrust and anger when you play and pay for a game.
Really? You mean those other games didnt try and charge me crazy store prices for items that I really didn't need and told me they would be around for only a limited time?

I must have been dreaming when that happened in other games.

Quote:
It is just shocking a holiday event would only be on the CC market and nothing is just an in game event. I cannot remember any F2P MMO that has holiday events doing nothing for free.
I can agree with that. Only having it in store is much more a problem than the crying about the cost or time frame. I am shocked there is no way at this time to play the game through a subscription and hit a world event.

But even in my shock, without a world event (or something imagined up that players hoped we would get and we got a lesser version of that imagination), this is just stuff to sell and it makes little difference in the over all game.

MiraniSedai
12.11.2012 , 12:50 PM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Since when has the gaming industry been about anything but the money? And don't say Indie devs are all about the game and not the money, because while there are those dedicated few who only do it for the enjoyment of it, there are plenty Indies out there doing it for the money or to get enough street cred to be employeed by the Evil Nasty Corporate Empire. The naivety of the gaming populace never ceases to astound!!

BJ
Hardly naive more like I despise the commercialization of holidays in all contexts and I felt the people in this thread saying wait to see if there is going to be an event before voicing dissent on all this are the naive ones.

I never expected anything different than this outcome.

Game companys are in it for the money. Period.

We however do have a choice what we spend our money on. As I said earlier, I won't be buying holiday stuff. It crosses a personal line for me.

Urael
12.11.2012 , 12:54 PM | #518
Hardly naive more like I despise the commercialization of holidays in all contexts and I felt the people in this thread saying wait to see if there is going to be an event before voicing dissent on all this are the naive ones.

I never expected anything different than this outcome.

Game companys are in it for the money. Period.

We however do have a choice what we spend our money on. As I said earlier, I won't be buying holiday stuff. It crosses a personal line for me.
Indeed. I am going to go a bit further and not support the CC store at all.

I see STO online store coming to SWTOR in the very near future with the P2win Space CC items.

Be prepared for Lock boxes as FP and OP drops were you have to purchase a key from the CC to open them for "random" gear.

HarleysRule
12.11.2012 , 12:54 PM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post

BJ
ALL business is about making money, but many of them manage to at least make you think they value you as a customer, and don't just treat you like a credit card number.

Quraswren
12.11.2012 , 12:57 PM | #520

Sad but true but who really didn't think the move to F2P would not be about making some cash? No matter what we all might have hoped, they are a company.