Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 12:21 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by FooBard View Post
I'm curious that if someone opened a BMW dealer on the road you drive to and from work....

Would you stop and complain that they are "dangling a car at you" that you can't afford?

You know, there are people that "can" afford said things... and these are who the target customer is.

Sorry, but you can demand they give you a BMW all you want... But just because you drive by their dealer, doesn't entitle you to one.

I'm pretty sure I'm NOT paying a subscription to a BMW dealer.

Maybe I'd better check again in case you know something I don't.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Quraswren
12.11.2012 , 12:23 PM | #502
Quote:
Name one thing you dislike about SWTOR then? Except if you did then you'd be "ridiculous" complaing about a game which is something you say you could never do. Which leaves me a bit confused to be honest.
I dislike in game bugs that limit the ability to actually get access to the game that I am capably of actually doing. (I.E. SOA bug to name one)

There are decent complaints and then there are ridiculous complaints. You are falling into the later given what you're complaining about.

I could have even went along with you had your complaint been there should have been an alternate path to get the same gear holiday gear for those that subscribe but you didn't do that.

Senden
12.11.2012 , 12:23 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
No event , and for some reason they are exited ?
$$$$ Ofcourse they're excited.

Urael
12.11.2012 , 12:24 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's cursed by GREED!!! Nothing but pure GREED is to blame for Star Wars MMOs failing. Happened in SWG with the CU as they needed to keep up with W0W, and again with the NGE...now it's happened here with most of the same guys who sunk SWG, pretending they knew best what Star Wars fans wanted...now that they've failed again, they turn to the cash shop to milk their players...this has been the plan all along.

SWTOR didn't cost 150+mil to make...it couldn't have. SWTOR was simply designed to be a F2P cash shop.
I feel as you for the most part my friend. One point were we differ. I do believe that EA and BW actually "tried" to make a subscription MMORPG. But, the emperor couldn't see that his new suit was nonexistant and that they were serving up "stone soup" to all of us that were clamoring for "another Star Wars™" MMORPG. BW failed to produce seemingly so by EAs overhyping SWTOR and rushing it to market to put their grubby hands on some sort of short term ROI. I am all for making money but, the way EA has gone about it is no way to win lasting and long term customers. But, a big company with lots of properties can always burn their customers. They have the means to cover their losses in one area with a success in the other. When you are constantly juggling short term properties to carry each other as EA does one wonders when their entire house of cards will fall.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 12:25 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
None. I generally don't gamble and take a wait and see approach to things. Personally, I don't care either way - it does not have a bearing on what I will buy in the store or affect my enjoyment of the game if they have an event or not.
That's a complete copout.
Either you think we'll get a Life Day Event or you don't, which is it?

Quote:
Supposition is just that. We can also surmise that the core playerbase that remains are filled with enough whales to not make total number of subs matter. In the end, whether the game is in maintenance mode or not may not bother the core playerbase. GW1 has been that way for 3-4 years now.
BJ
No that's actually how the Freemium model works.
Maintanance mode isn't good, yes some will play it still, but they will be playing a zombie-game and there won't be many of them.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

kramgniw
12.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
Well i love swtor but I have to say this makes me mad. This is the first mmo that I have ever played that makes you pay to enjoy holiday fun. There should really be quests to get these items at least for subs. This is a big fat fail imo bioware.
I agree, I haven't moaned about anything not bug related, been here since beta, always subbed, but this just smacks of an attempt to cash in and rip players off. Bioware, how about REWARDING your loyal subscribers with something more than 25 bloody fireworks ? I am not seeing anyone driving around in the Xmas speeder or wearing the Xmas outfit, I hope this meanness ends up slapping you in the face.

Having ship parts which appear to be essential to doing any of the new space missions on the market is also disturbing, I thought the cartel market wasn't going to be play to win ?

Oh and how about working out some rewards for for players above legacy 20 ? Y'know again the dedicated ones who have stuck in this game through all the bugs, and through thick and thin.

Senden
12.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #507
Hate SWG/sandbox as much as you fanboys want but if Disney allowed SOE to re-release SWG in the state of pre cu, this time next year, I'd put a large wager on SWG having more subs than SWTOR.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 12:28 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
I dislike in game bugs that limit the ability to actually get access to the game that I am capably of actually doing. (I.E. SOA bug to name one)

There are decent complaints and then there are ridiculous complaints. You are falling into the later given what you're complaining about.
So would you complain about a dead bug on your steak?

Again though a bug may be a "ridculous" complaint to its exactly the same thing, complaining about somethign you don't like which apparently you "don't do", except when you do.

Quote:
I could have even went along with you had your complaint been there should have been an alternate path to get the same gear holiday gear for those that subscribe but you didn't do that.
Er...... check my earlier posts, I said pretty much exactly that.

So it seems that you DO agree with me after all.

BJWyler
12.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
That's a complete copout.
Either you think we'll get a Life Day Event or you don't, which is it?
It's not a copout. I simply don't have an opinion one way or the other, because I do not care one way or the other, and so will not attempt to gaze in the crystal ball. It seems it's a moot point now anyway...

Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
No that's actually how the Freemium model works.
Maintanance mode isn't good, yes some will play it still, but they will be playing a zombie-game and there won't be many of them.
Of course MM isn't good - as a player you always want to see a game continue to kick out content, but unless it be fan made mods, no game has ever done that ad infinitum. Therefore, is the content that is already there enough to keep the core playerbase with the whales around. GW1 has proven that it can for half of it's life already. In terms of SWTOR, it will for me. For anyone else, that's purely up to them. Clearly, SWTOR is not in MM yet and they are apparently still working on the SSSP. If that comes to fruition, I dare say that there will be more than enough to keep the core fanbase engaged for a few more years when MM does hit - same as it did for SWG.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

MiraniSedai
12.11.2012 , 12:36 PM | #510
Well its official no lifeday event.

See the first BW post in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=565517

That makes all of this about the money and nothing else without question.