Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 11:14 AM | #431
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Given it's items with no real need, it could be triple and I wouldn't care.
That's not the same thing though.

And given that you're posting quite clearly you DO care........ or you wouldn't be posting about it.
Quote:
Thats good, I'd hate for a game to be good but because a price was to high for you on items you do not in any capacity need but simply want was out of reach for you killed the entire game.

If that causes you to go. All I have for you is /wavegoodbye
I run 4 MMORPG subs (including this one), money isn't the issue, but you are right principles cannot be bought.
Quote:
I'd be happy for anyone to leave if the priceing on cosmetic clothes is what caused them to be done with the game. That kind of player is not need.

If it was, bugs to WZ, or OPS or almost any number of other things, I could see griping about. Make a post about it.

Crying cause you can't get something for cheap and is sold under the marketing banner of "limited time" and thats what killed the game for you? Yea, I'll never see that point of view given it's a video game.
As I said I thought you'd say you were happy those 2,000,000 players left. I very much doubt Bioware EA or all those that lost thier jobs at Bioware EA because of it agree with you though.
Quote:
Different items have different cost. Nothing wrong with that. That marketing is already throughout the entire game.
Again none of those have "limited time" items at that scale of cost to subscriber coins, NONE.
Quote:
Sure there is but I bet you can't see it. You're arguing that in a video game that is played for nothing more than entertainment should have some kind of rules that limit what some will or will not pay for.

If the popcorn is too much, don't pay for it but the movie is crap because of it.
It's all entertainment and the price is what people will pay. If they don't want to pay for it then thats good too. You don't like it thats fine, but whining cause you can't get cheap popcorn. Ridiculous.

Whining cause you can't get cheap items off the cartel market. Ridiculous as well.
So you wouldn't complain in a resteraunt if there was dead spider in the middle of your steak, fair enough, you and me differ in many respects it seems.
Quote:
White-knighting this point maybe. The entire game no not always but seeing the nature of your complaint, I'll be happy to to argue the other side to your point of view which I find entirely ridiculous.
Name one thing you dislike about SWTOR then? Except if you did then you'd be "ridiculous" complaing about a game which is something you say you could never do. Which leaves me a bit confused to be honest.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Norke
12.11.2012 , 11:15 AM | #432
The fact that they didn't even bother to put in an actual event and just slapped stuff on the CC is kind of insulting.

IMO, they should have given all subs a Life Day pack for free if they were going to go this route. The prices of the items in the CC are just insane.
Norke - Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Give me Kel Dors or give me death!

Master-Nala
12.11.2012 , 11:15 AM | #433
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
It would be nice to have a Star Wars Themed MMORPG that would actually succeed. This IP seems to be "cursed". I don't expect SWTOR to survive another year. If EA keeps this crap up it will only be in maintenance mode by years end along with EAs other failed "MMORPGs" (e.g. WAR).

WoW: one MMORPG to rule them all it seems.
To many people Star Wars Galaxies did succeed. I hated it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't successful. I think SOE and LucasArts made some money. Likewise, I like SWTOR and I think SWTOR has or eventually will return its investment and then some to EA and LucasArts.

The game doesn't have to be WoW. WoW is a very successful game and very well done. But the failure to be WoW isn't a failure. The failure to earn your expected ROI is a failure. I suspect SWTOR might have failed in that regard, but that's irrelevant to me as I don't own EA stock.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault

TUXs
12.11.2012 , 11:16 AM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
It would be nice to have a Star Wars Themed MMORPG that would actually succeed. This IP seems to be "cursed". I don't expect SWTOR to survive another year. If EA keeps this crap up it will only be in maintenance mode by years end along with EAs other failed "MMORPGs" (e.g. WAR).

WoW: one MMORPG to rule them all it seems.
It's cursed by GREED!!! Nothing but pure GREED is to blame for Star Wars MMOs failing. Happened in SWG with the CU as they needed to keep up with W0W, and again with the NGE...now it's happened here with most of the same guys who sunk SWG, pretending they knew best what Star Wars fans wanted...now that they've failed again, they turn to the cash shop to milk their players...this has been the plan all along.

SWTOR didn't cost 150+mil to make...it couldn't have. SWTOR was simply designed to be a F2P cash shop.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

tzagheru
12.11.2012 , 11:16 AM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
This response isn't necessarily to Goretzu:

Making the General Forums a pit of negativity drives the perception that the game is failing. Constructive criticism creates the perception that the game has a healthy and engaged playerbase.

So if people really want the game to succeed, then yes, give feedback. But be polite, be reasonable. Be passionate for sure, but that can be done without being a jerk to the devs.
how more naive can you be?
its been 1 year since ppl give "contructive criticism" , look at the state of game NOW and the path its going.

reasonable? jerk to the devs?
what about them shating in our faces?

Eillack
12.11.2012 , 11:16 AM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by Norke View Post
The fact that they didn't even bother to put in an actual event and just slapped stuff on the CC is kind of insulting.

IMO, they should have given all subs a Life Day pack for free if they were going to go this route. The prices of the items in the CC are just insane.
OR a in-game mail which reward one of the rewards at least.

....and wehre is out in-game means of acquiring these items like were were promised...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 11:17 AM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
This response isn't necessarily to Goretzu:

Making the General Forums a pit of negativity drives the perception that the game is failing. Constructive criticism creates the perception that the game has a healthy and engaged playerbase.

So if people really want the game to succeed, then yes, give feedback. But be polite, be reasonable. Be passionate for sure, but that can be done without being a jerk to the devs.

Pretending everything is great doesn't work.

The first 6 months of this (and many other MMORPGs) have proven that (repeatedly).

Getting bad/wrong things fixed helps games, nothing else.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

TUXs
12.11.2012 , 11:19 AM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by tzagheru View Post
how more naive can you be?
its been 1 year since ppl give "contructive criticism" , look at the state of game NOW and the path its going.

reasonable? jerk to the devs?
what about them shating in our faces?
Truth right here!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

BJWyler
12.11.2012 , 11:19 AM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
You can repeat that garbage all you want it doesnt change the fact youre supporting this nonsense. Youre the sucker that EA speaks of. Youre the type of sucker thats keeps telling them its ok to develop bare minimum product and sell the rest for more.

All youre saying is you have every right to do it. Sure ... you do, unfortunately people have all sorts of "rights" in this country. Doesnt make them any better. So thanks for your continued support of whats wrong with the gaming industry. Id give you the whole "hope your proud of yourself" thing ... but those like you usually are.

So long aas YOURE not being screwed (yet) ... to hell with the rest of them.
And if I be a sucker, then at least I will die a happy and satisfied sucker exercising my free will as I see fit. As you said, people have all sorts of rights and that doesn't make them any better - including you and yours. You have the right to unsub from the game and find one that is more to your liking. Again, Free Choice. What is truly wrong with the gaming industry are players in the community who only think that there is one way to do something, which just happens to coincide with their own personal feelings, and that way is the right way and everyone else is wrong.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

wrmrstacrdwower
12.11.2012 , 11:20 AM | #440
So is anyone else happy about the hared loot between the crime lords pack and blockade runners pack. Like holy *********** hell why waste the time adding another pack.

And could the life day robes be anymore *********** ugly.

Sweet Jesus.