Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

MiraniSedai's Avatar


MiraniSedai
12.11.2012 , 10:38 AM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
I was going to make a separate thread for the following post, but I figured they'd just close or delete it anyway:

Seriously, WTH...a speeder with *********** Christmas Tree lights?!? Are you *********** serious?!? Not only that, it's just a reskinned ugly *** tier1 mount.

WTB a toggle that makes them look like Fonzie waterskiing...that would be less immersion breaking and about as appropriate. Was a mount that looked like Mr. Hanky not doable?
When I read the part I highlighted red I suddenly had visions of Ferengi and goblins in santa suits running the Cartel shop.

/me needs more sleep BADLY

Gavin_Kelvar's Avatar


Gavin_Kelvar
12.11.2012 , 10:40 AM | #402
eh honestly none of the stuff looks that awesome to me. My guess is that the reason the devs didn't release any world event is specifically so they can get cash from the people with no patience whatsoever. If they had released a world event then those people would just do that and get the items for free. Instead by first releasing the items in the Cartel Market people will spend spend spend and by the time any world event is created the people getting stuff from the world event will only be the people who weren't going to buy the items in the CM anyway. If that is indeed their plan I congratulate the devs on knowing how to take advantage of some people's lack of patience to earn extra money to keep the game alive.

While I think they should do a world event I see no problem with using the CM to sell seasonal themed items. This may be my first MMO so perhaps things are supposed to be different with MMOs but in other F2P games the same thing is done of having seasonal items get sold in the cash store.

Mevan's Avatar


Mevan
12.11.2012 , 10:40 AM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Quite right. Thank God SWTOR is levels better than SWG could even dream of being. My next stop will be to Eve On-line to demand that they change the game to be much more linear and themeparky. After all, once I start paying my sub for the game I am entitled to be able to play it however I want and demand that it change to suit my playstyle and personal feelings.

BJ
Either you typed the wrong thing or you're talking out your rear?

mentalmackem's Avatar


mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 10:40 AM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
You can repeat that garbage all you want it doesnt change the fact youre supporting this nonsense. Youre the sucker that EA speaks of. Youre the type of sucker thats keeps telling them its ok to develop bare minimum product and sell the rest for more.

All youre saying is you have every right to do it. Sure ... you do, unfortunately people have all sorts of "rights" in this country. Doesnt make them any better. So thanks for your continued support of whats wrong with the gaming industry. Id give you the whole "hope your proud of yourself" thing ... but those like you usually are.

So long aas YOURE not being screwed (yet) ... to hell with the rest of them.
He is entitled to play and support the game as he wants, the same as we are entitled to say we told him so when all events move to the market and people start to leave again because of being nickle and dimed to much.

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
12.11.2012 , 10:41 AM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Nope, that's not what we agreed.

So you do think that 4 months worth of 6 month subscriber coins is a reasonable price per character then?

I disagree, it is far too high a cost.


My point is it's a pure ripoff, you may think it's perfectly reasonable price, but that just your opinion.
Well now that we ca agree that its all based on ones opinion, you can at least see BW does not share your opinion.

Quote:
Again though all its competitors give such stuff away for free, SWTOR isn't the rule it's the exception, and as I subscriber and paying customer I'm voicing my disagreement as I can.
Thats great, I'll voice against you but since you continue to pay them, I'm sure there worried that you grip about a very minor aspect of the game that has affect on the game as a whole.

As far as competitors, It's no different than LOTRO, DCUO,GW2 or SWG and all the other F2P games and the minor things they try and sell with really good marketing plans like, "Buy it now cause it's limited time!" It's nothing more than a different spin on the same relatively worthless gear.

You buy it if you want it, you pass if you don't. Other than that anything else you do just makes you look ridiculous when griping about a video game.

However, you are allowed to grip about it so have fun in that.

NSStember's Avatar


NSStember
12.11.2012 , 10:42 AM | #406
I think the OP is upset because most other MMOs don't charge for holiday "presents". I remember in WoW you went to the city to just click on your free presents. In Champions Online they had presents you could "find" all over the city and you never knew what would be in them (and I could go on with other MMOs). This is the first time I've seen "holiday presents" presented in a Cash Shop for real money. Hopefully, they will also have an "in game" way to just "find" these items, only time will tell.

Sutaka's Avatar


Sutaka
12.11.2012 , 10:43 AM | #407
I am disgusted that EAware thinks it's okay to only offer life day items on the Cartel Market.
Ignoring the problem is only going to make it worse, every hour that passes is more subscription cancellations.
Quote:
"We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe."
Keep dreaming Georg, keep dreaming.

Urael's Avatar


Urael
12.11.2012 , 10:45 AM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen.

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT.
Indeed. This is what I always thought would happen. Need I remind the community of this little gem from John Riccitiello:

Quote:
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you’re really not that price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.
Again, I am not surprised in the least. SWTOR is on life support.

islander's Avatar


islander
12.11.2012 , 10:48 AM | #409
This is EA.

Why are any of you surprised?
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
12.11.2012 , 10:48 AM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by NSStember View Post
I think the OP is upset because most other MMOs don't charge for holiday "presents". I remember in WoW you went to the city to just click on your free presents. In Champions Online they had presents you could "find" all over the city and you never knew what would be in them (and I could go on with other MMOs). This is the first time I've seen "holiday presents" presented in a Cash Shop for real money. Hopefully, they will also have an "in game" way to just "find" these items, only time will tell.
It should have been in 1.6 release...but BW fell silent on this for a few weeks.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.