Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

LordExozone
12.11.2012 , 04:52 AM | #31
It's absolutely ridiculous. And the prices...2400 cartel points for the Life Day bundle. And they call it "for the discounted price" LOL. That's more points than I acquired in a year playing.

It's things like this that will drive customers away.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Bordak
12.11.2012 , 04:53 AM | #32
EA executives need X-mas, too. Bonuses don't come cheap, ya know!
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Gorrdan
12.11.2012 , 04:53 AM | #33
Yeah i think they forgot to add events to holiday event.

Vitas
12.11.2012 , 04:54 AM | #34
Only once Kashyyyk is made explorable, then can Life Day be properly celebrated in the game. All we can do is keep urging the devs to make Kashyyyk accessible soon.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Elear
12.11.2012 , 04:54 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Veimi View Post
To be honest, I belive they will release an event for subscribers to acquire these items. If that's not the case, I am a bit dissappointed.
Considering some other stuff that is also being introduced to market, like ship parts, it could be possible.
But then, earliest 'event' was supposed to be in January, Ilum related. Despite that Ilum was pushed back, fact remains that there weren't any plans for event earlier, so it's unlikely.

Durasturan
12.11.2012 , 04:54 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Joduh View Post
I don't see an issue.

These items are for show and not necessary at all.

If you want them pay up, if you can't afford them well then how can you afford $15 a month for a game?

It's like someone who doesn't tip a server well. If you can't afford the tip then how can you afford to eat out? oh that's because you can afford the tip you're just cheap and can't admit that to yourself.
Another person that completely missed the point. When they were talking about F2P they consistently talked about how subs would NEVER be forced to pay extra money, all content would be included in the sub you pay, you know that $15/ mo we've been giving them for the past 12 months.

The skipped a tier of ship weapons/armor going straight to tier 7 lol, and made them cost so much money that you'd have to be CAPPED to buy them, and made the missions difficult that they are physically impossible to finish without tier 7 gear. But don't worry, you can buy them for real money.

And the "life day event" just so happens to be a super cool SALE on the cartel market. Fun. Sounds to me like subs were mislead about what would actually be included in our monthly payment. Because right now it's looking like "zilch" and "nothing."

Sepyuff
12.11.2012 , 04:56 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
What the hell does that have to do with them charging for all the stuff?
You really need to see the Star Wars Chrismas special. . . . . . . . . . .

Nanglez
12.11.2012 , 04:57 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Bordak View Post
EA executives need X-mas, too. Bonuses don't come cheap, ya know!
Man I .. Guess I agree? I'm not saying put nothing Life day related on the Cartel Market, but for ALL of it to be put on there is a bit of a slap in the face.

I personally [and wrongly I guess] assumed that whilst the 'life day' packs were likely to appear on the CM market, i figured they'd leave it at that, and there would be OTHER gear/items/fun junk to acquire that doesn't involve paying money, and instead requires you participate in the community etc, much like the previous events did.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 04:59 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
It's absolutely ridiculous. And the prices...2400 cartel points for the Life Day bundle. And they call it "for the discounted price" LOL. That's more points than I acquired in a year playing.

It's things like this that will drive customers away.

If it's a sign of things to come, subscribers are going to have to be averaging $30-$45 a month outlay just to cover "event" stuff for a couple of thier characters.

It's appalling.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Rafaman
12.11.2012 , 05:01 AM | #40
Life day items on the cartel market are insulting because... they aren't free? Lol! Wha..?

So first, lets be clear, these are not event specialty items. Life day is not an event like Rak or Chevin etc. Life day is your holiday fluff. Nothing worthy of a quest or any real work of achievement. Subs get 500 CCs spend them how you will.

Oh, and did I mention that it is fluff? Lol! It will be great for about half a second and then... it would just clutter up my inventory. Personally, I'm glad it is for purchase. I'll look at it and if something strikes my fancy I'll buy it, but... it is very unlikely. Thank god I will only be cluttering up my cargo with things that I want.