Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

SilentKitty
12.11.2012 , 09:40 AM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Ideally there should be a way to get them through an event through in game play (pretty much as every other MMORPG subscription or freemium does).

However if that isn't possible (and given Bioware EA development problems) this well may be the case, the need to be a LOT cheaper.

2400CC for the pack is 4 months worth of subscriber coins if you have a 6 month recurring sub (it's many more months if you have a 3 month or 1 month recurring one).

That is horribly, horribly, horribly expensive for the sort of stuff that is given free to subscribers in all most ALL other MMORPGs (what's worse is on the store the "claim" it's 35% discounted from 3750CC per pack which is shadey in itself).

600CC per character would have been at the steep end IMO.
Ohh... I meant new items to the Cartel Store and not the specific Life day robes.

Well, we will see if they perhaps lower the prices on the robes, or perhaps they drop from the new pack and you might find them on the GTN. Good luck!
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 09:42 AM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
The reality is that with a 6 week patch schedule there isn't enough money with the small $15/month sub. The Cartel Market and it's nonsense is the only way to keep content coming.

Also 1.6 a PvP patch. They added new tiers of gear, new instances and made steps as balance. People should be happy they added anything new beyond that. It sure wasn't expected.

Enough people will buy the stuff so that we all get new content. That's not insulting, that's a business folks
These 6 weeks patch are 1 big patch broken up to last longer

Quraswren
12.11.2012 , 09:44 AM | #353
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Maybe but pure speculation on your part.

However, you're still getting content at roughly every 6 or so weeks. Thats a good thing.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 09:45 AM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Ohh... I meant new items to the Cartel Store and not the specific Life day robes.

Well, we will see if they perhaps lower the prices on the robes, or perhaps they drop from the new pack and you might find them on the GTN. Good luck!
General new items are fine as they are.

Limited Time items need at least some warning to allow people to save for them before the are removed.

Probably both need a price cut.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 09:45 AM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post

However, you're still getting content at roughly every 6 or so weeks. Thats a good thing.
Ok il put it another way patches are alot smaller now than what they where with 1.2 etc

CharterMonkKent
12.11.2012 , 09:46 AM | #356
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
So the renewed Ilum, the new planet, the new Expertise set up, new species, higher character lvl (55), new abilities, and 2013 events are all already completed?

That's all rhetorical. I don't believe anyone really thinks that the developers have enough resources to have already created a years worth (or even 6 months worth) of content at a time.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

SilentKitty
12.11.2012 , 09:46 AM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Milking the subs, plus the quality continues to plummet.

Time to start looking for a new game.
But we did get a new PvP War Zone today. It looked pretty cool earlier so I might give it a try. If we are unhappy with not getting an event we should at least acknowledge that we got new content to the game today.

It might not be something for me since I don't PvP very often, but I don't begrudge the PvP:er to get something new every now and then.
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!

Quraswren
12.11.2012 , 09:48 AM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
A very, very high cost.

A calculatedly high cost to mean you cannot save up for them within the "limited time" without paying more cash as a subscriber.
Then don't buy it if it's too rich for you. Pretty simple.

Go enjoy the new WZ and gear. Merry Christmas and it cost you no CC and was included in your sub.

Throne-Drei
12.11.2012 , 09:48 AM | #359
I'm more insulted by the speeder you but looks like a redneck lawn mower. I think I even have one some place also the revan mask looks just like the Mara battlemaster mask

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 09:49 AM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post

If you look at the content over 6 months, or the total content over 12 months and break it up monthly it's pretty much the same IMO.

I don't think we're getting more content we're getting it in littler chunks and more regular intervals.

But none of that excuses the Life Day debacle IMO.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1