Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Bleeters
12.11.2012 , 08:38 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Hmm... but if there are new packs for the Cartel Shop each month, then this is what we will have each new month. New packs with new items that are available for a specific period of time. The best thing I can recommend is to get the things that you really want from the GTN and leave the real money spending for those who wish to do so.
Regular cartel market item packs aren't available for a "limited duration". I don't begrudge them adding new stuff. I do, however, slightly resent them adding new stuff that requires subscribers to pay extra for, in addition to said subscription, by simple virtue of the fact that we weren't told in advance and there isn't enough time to save up via the monthly stipend.

DarthBama
12.11.2012 , 08:38 AM | #272
I want this game to be successful. I want them to make plenty of money on the cash shop to hopefully reinvest into the game thus making it better. But what about the subscribers? I came back and started a month to month subscription. After a few days, I realized I would probably be playing for awhile so I upped it to 6 months. Now I have seen it post in many other threads that subscribers get "free" coins, but there are 2 big problems with this. First, who has a balance of "free" coins right now to purchase this stuff, maybe 0.5% of subscribers? Second, the amount of "free" coins is not enough to buy most of the stuff (even as a 6 month, collectors edition subscriber).

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 08:39 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
From the patch notes directly...
All-new Grade 7 Artifact Quality Starship Upgrades are now available from the Fleet and Mission Support vendors!

Yes you can pay cartel coins for those same items and get them quicker than grinding them out in game, but they are all available in game now, so again, the cartel market makes no pay to win offer.
Ok thanks for clarifying that, i was thinking that cybertech would of had the ability to make them, but im pleased they are avaiable ingame.

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 08:41 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanglez View Post
Soooo all that gear that we'd normally acquire through some kind of 'fun' activity... is now purchased with real cash... Real cash earned from 'unfun' activities like ... you know... working a part time job (in my case at least).

I know I know i don't HAVE to buy them, or alternatively I could buy them off GTN.. but come on BW.. you've had two events over 12 months, and the first event was all about the colour crystals, second was mainly aimed at classes that can use blaster rifle's.. and now the third is going to cost us additional money to even access? Lame.

Welcome to Life Day - the SWTOR equivalent of Christmas - Now fork over more cash!

"Shut your face, you got free fireworks!"

This 'Life Day' BW has come out with doesn't so much feel like the company celebrating the holidays with us, and in addition the ToRnniversary, but instead feel's like they're sitting they're licking their lips and rubbing their hands together over all the money they're about to make.

Cant wait till they re-do the rakghoul plague - INFECT OTHERS ~ ONLY 150 Cartel Coins per infection. Turning in quest will also require you pay 150 cartel coins.
Keeping my fingers crossed that they say they have made a mistake having no event at all and put one ingame

Slurmez
12.11.2012 , 08:41 AM | #275
Logged in today to see the "life day" junk for sale on the auction house but what made me smile is the fact that the big pack thing was discounted by 35%. Given that its never been on sale before I dont think many localities allow you to advertise items as "discounted" when they have never been on sale for the "real" price before.

I think in the UK an item needs to have been on sale for the original price for 28 days before you can advertise any discounts.

NSStember
12.11.2012 , 08:41 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Why the life day items are in the cartel market and not in a festival i will never know, its a cheap money grab to something that should of been put in the game as content. I beg people to vote with there wallets and not buy this life day stuff in hopes that bioware realise this should of been event and they need to stop being lazy.
Although I like the idea of the Cartel Market, I have to agree with you here. In every other MMO I've played, "holiday gifts" were either just given out, or "found" around game as treasure chests. We shouldn't have to pay real money for little "holiday gimmes". They should be a gift from EA to its loyal players.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 08:43 AM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoslordfox View Post
Thank you someone that read what was AT THE TOP OF THE PATCH NOTES. Yes People there is this little thing called reading it helps if you read the whole thing as well.
Or you can just buy.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

GrandMike
12.11.2012 , 08:43 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
I think he was simply trying to clear up what has now been demonstrated to have been a large exaggeration, invented solely for the purpose of trolling, that was taking this thread off topic.

On topic... did none of you guys actually watch the Holiday Special???? Are you...really sure that you want a Life Day event that isn't confined to the shop? Have you really blocked the cooking show from your minds so quickly?
I want new content, even if its some crappy event. At least to show they are actually producing something since all we got till now was done long ago.

Guancyto
12.11.2012 , 08:45 AM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by Sepyuff View Post
@OP

I take it you haven't watched Star Wars Chrismas special. Everything, they are doing in this game for Life Day, is in the spirit of that Special.
Which is to say, "we will pee on everything you eat."

$24 Life Day packs is a perfect way for BW to justify to their bosses why EA should never, ever make them do anything like that again. (I hope.)

thirtysmooth
12.11.2012 , 08:45 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
I want new content, even if its some crappy event. At least to show they are actually producing something since all we got till now was done long ago.
I want a new car. Where is it Bioware!?