Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Bleeters
12.11.2012 , 08:29 AM | #261
Honestly, this just angered me.

I mean, I can appreciate that they're just seasonal rewards - and really, none of them are anything I'm particularly interested in getting - but the manner in which they're made available, the limited nature of their availability and the lack of pre-emptive announcement notifying us they'd be there just seems like a cheap means of wringing more money out of us. Hey subscribers! I know you're paying us monthly and consequently getting a few cartel coins per month, but unless you've been saving up basically all of them thus far you now get to pay us even more for this new stuff! AREN'T YOU THRILLED?

Sorry, but sigh.

Nythain
12.11.2012 , 08:33 AM | #262
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're own proof just invalidated your initial claim? The highest reported number I saw stated was 1.7 million. Then down to 1.3 million. Then down to 500k. Even if all 1.7 million unsubbed, it's still not 2 million or more
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
More than 2,000,000 people have done just that since it went Live.

The game would be so much better if they had stayed.
And this is why facts and evidence are important when making bold claims.
Then again, it's really hard to judge exactly how many people from initial sales actually subbed, or just took advantage of 1 month free game time. And it's probably really hard to accurately follow how many subs left compared to how many new subs occured for the various milestone numbers. It's also near impossible to tell exactly how many of those people are still around, just not subbed since the game went free to play. I know many ex-subbers who still play f2p because they enjoy the story content but not the endgame content, so f2p is perfect for them.
But, going by charts and numbers alone, I'm not seeing the More than 2,000,000

EDIT: Another near impossible to track factor is how many, of those sales and subs, were from the same player. You can't claim over 2 million people unsubbed and left, if at least 2 in X of those unsubs was from one player.

sstanks
12.11.2012 , 08:34 AM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
Uhm...have you not been here long? 2.4 mil copies sold and last financial report was 400k-600k subs. I hate fanboys who cant handle the truth.
nope they have never said 400k to 600k that is just your own number you pulled out of your own sarlac pitt

SilentKitty
12.11.2012 , 08:34 AM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Honestly, this just angered me.

I mean, I can appreciate that they're just seasonal rewards - and really, none of them are anything I'm particularly interested in getting - but the manner in which they're made available, the limited nature of their availability and the lack of pre-emptive announcement notifying us they'd be there just seems like a cheap means of sucking up more of our money. Hey subscribers! I know you're paying us monthly and consequently getting a few cartel coins per month, but unless you've been saving up basically all of them thus far you now get to pay us even more for this new stuff! AREN'T YOU THRILLED?

Sorry, but sigh.
Hmm... but if there are new packs for the Cartel Shop each month, then this is what we will have each new month. New packs with new items that are available for a specific period of time. The best thing I can recommend is to get the things that you really want from the GTN and leave the real money spending for those who wish to do so.

Slurmez
12.11.2012 , 08:35 AM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanglez View Post
Cant wait till they re-do the rakghoul plague - INFECT OTHERS ~ ONLY 150 Cartel Coins per infection. Turning in quest will also require you pay 150 cartel coins.
You fool, the plague will be free and exceptionally infectious, its the cure that will be available only through the cartel house.......

Nythain
12.11.2012 , 08:36 AM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Also it would appear if u want to do the new space missions you need the grade 7 stuff which apart from 2 items seems to be cartel market exclusive (however i may be mistaken). Now when FTP came out there was gonna be no pay to win and stuff you need to do ingame content was gonna be avaiable to subscribers ingame, now this would appear not to be the case with space missions however i may be wrong
From the patch notes directly...
All-new Grade 7 Artifact Quality Starship Upgrades are now available from the Fleet and Mission Support vendors!

Yes you can pay cartel coins for those same items and get them quicker than grinding them out in game, but they are all available in game now, so again, the cartel market makes no pay to win offer.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 08:36 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
You fool, the plague will be free and exceptionally infectious, its the cure that will be available only through the cartel house.......

Hehe, yeah now that you've mentioned it.

"Cure the plague - availible from the Cartel Shop for just 600CC per dose!"

Someone at Bioware EA is scribbling this down as we type.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Prysha
12.11.2012 , 08:36 AM | #268
What are Life Day items?
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Senden
12.11.2012 , 08:37 AM | #269
Why are people so mad? THIS IS EA.. what were you expecting? Something more than fireworks for free? Move along, this isn't the community friendly company you're looking for.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Paladinwhite
12.11.2012 , 08:38 AM | #270
between the prices of the items, and the added insult of making us pay for item we may or may not want for life-day is just boyond them at this point, or so I thought. If they don't start pleasing people more, they will end up like swg, sunken tanker at the bottem of the web, with people hosting private server of when the game was fun and not a money grab at every penny they can get.
Not in cruelty, Not in wrath.
The reaper came today.
An angel visited this grey path.
And took the cube away. <3