Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Satanski
12.11.2012 , 06:45 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
Ya it stinks, good thing is I'm smart enough to not get pulled in by this crap, unfortunately our stupid bretheren aren't so lucky and will buy all the crap they put up, giving Bioware further motivation to just keep doing it.
Yep, im not sure who is worse, BW or theese sheeps

Glower
12.11.2012 , 06:45 AM | #172
Quote:
The Grade 7 Starship Defensive Bundle contains defensive upgrades that will protect your ship during the most difficult missions! Cost: 400 Cartel Coins.
Purchase the Grade 7 Starship Offensive Bundle to give your ship enhanced firepower! Cost: 550 Cartel Coins.
The Grade 7 Starship Tactical Bundle contains powerful upgrades for your personal starship. Cost: 350 Cartel Coins.
Even Cybertech affected now. What's next?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Alavastre
12.11.2012 , 06:46 AM | #173
Occupy TOR! We are the 1% of subscribers!

Oh wait, no, just live with it. Games are made to make money. If that's wrong then you can go and create a no profit game. Let me know how that goes.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Hambunctious
12.11.2012 , 06:51 AM | #174
It's not a GIFT if you have to buy it.

If there's no event to do for Life Day then it's a blatant cash grab, and pure greed on BW's part. It's not really keeping the spirit of the season either.

It's just unreal how anyone could find this okay.

JamesDisaster
12.11.2012 , 06:52 AM | #175
Do you think there's any chance the event is coming a bit later as a surprise?
"Away put your weapon. I mean you no harm."

Satanski
12.11.2012 , 06:52 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCanukk View Post
Finally someone with enough maturity to not let stupid things get under their skin and feel the need to rage over the silliest things.
You shortsightedness is terryfying. You know that if not for cartel market we would get all theese things as quest rewards or from vendor? Nobody would have to pay real money for them.

Personally i will boycott this whole mess.

LangyMD
12.11.2012 , 06:53 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by decembero View Post
It's so massively NOT all good its not even funny. Nobody likes to grind and grind but don't u think you should be able to earn space stuff? rather than use your credit card and beat all the missions by tonight?
Er.

You can earn the space stuff. You can purchase them in-game either through daily comms, fleet comms, and likely credits via the GTN.

Sure, you can also buy them off the cash shop, but that doesn't mean you have to.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 06:54 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
Very possibly. Not the most concrete analogy, but you're misconstruing the point. I know what a PS3 is, and I could buy one now if I wanted. As long as I don't know what my wife is getting me (which may or may not be a PS3), the gift itself still remains a secret. The claim was that by us seeing available items in the cartel market, there's no way anything EAware does for us is a secret anymore.
I know what a Ninja is, but if I don't see one in the shadows about to kill me, it's still a secret.
I know where Las Vegas is, but if I don't know my best friend has plane tickets and a hotel booked for my birthday there, it's still a secret.
I know what's in the Cartel Market, but if I don't know what I could be getting (if anything), come closer to Life Day... it's still a secret. Just like in the theme of the holiday it's modeled after.

Having just looked at the Life Day items in game, it would be more like your wife letting you buy a SNES for PS3 prices, then giving you another SNES on Christmas day.

Wow they are expensive for what they are.

(Personally I'd pretty sure what you, me and everyone else will be getting for Life Day - the same thing as naughty kids supposedly get at Christmas )
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Glower
12.11.2012 , 06:56 AM | #179
Greed, it's just greed.

Just look at prices of useless fireworks . And Blockade Runner Cartel Pack for 360cp... And other new prices...

SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Master-Nala
12.11.2012 , 06:57 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by decembero View Post
We subscribe already.

edit: sorry but not only did u completely miss the point, you hit the wall behind it.
Your $15 a month does not give you access to everything in the game and it never has.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link