Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

SilentKitty
12.11.2012 , 06:19 AM | #141
Has there been a release of the list of items and the cost of them? So far I have not seen anything like that.

macumba
12.11.2012 , 06:20 AM | #142
well who do you think is going to pay for the f2p crowd ? the investors ? ea employees ? of course "we" subscribers will have to make up for that as well. on top of that --> it's ea, it's not some other company, it's THE company known for screwing customers.
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Azurax
12.11.2012 , 06:22 AM | #143
The game is back up. The life robe is just a big solid red get-up. It's nothing new, and it's solid red. The new speeder is comically Christmas. To me, they have no value. My expectations were higher than this...
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Azurax Waruza - Adept of Jen'Jidai

SithEmpress
12.11.2012 , 06:24 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtysmooth View Post
That was kind of my point. Why are people whinging about there not being any event? You have more things to buy in the Cartel Market and a new Warzone to play around with. Just take it for what it is and get on with it.

Assume makes an... you get the point.

Because some of us want something to do for holiday (Like other MMO do) rather than being told you have pay to have any fun. Beside if they were cheap I wouldn't mind but to get the bundle for one character it is 2,400 CC and that on sale (as apparently it supposed to be 3780). You canít tell me that isnít ridiculous high? If the life orb, etc were for all character on server, that might be fair.

Nythain
12.11.2012 , 06:25 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
So that you can see and look at items on the Cashshop is not "secret", yet for some reason that you would be able to get them later in an event would be "secret"?
Either way 4 months worth of subscriber coins for ONE pack for ONE character is far too costly.
First and foremost... I know what a PS3 looks like. I can even go to the store now and buy one. Doesn't change the fact that it's a secret if my wife got me one for X-Mas this year, if I don't know that's what she got me. The gift is the secret, not necessarily what the gift could possibly be.

Secondly, where does this 4 months worth of sub coins for ONE pack for ONE character number come from? What are we considering a pack here?

A full set of gear is 960 CC. That's a smidge less than 2 months for me (I've been getting 500/mo, is this not right?).
A "Blockade Runner Cartel Pack" is 360 CC. That's less than 1 month for me.

I do see that you can buy the whole daffy kit and kaboodle, not sure if I'd call that ONE pack, since it's actually a collection of many packs, for an obscene amount of CC. Rather misleading if that's what you're referring to there though, since it's in fact about 5 packs... I rather like their word usage "bundle".

But no one is forcing you to buy the whole kit and kaboodle here. Do you really need some tinsel bombs? And a holo tree? Ok, so the holo tree is sort of cool, but obtained on it's own for a lot less than the whole frakkin bundle. My point being that if you want everything and the kitchen sink, expect to pay a lot for everything and the kitchen sink, but don't make it sound like you have to pay for everything and the kitchen sink just to enjoy this event.

With 1 month of cartel coins awarded for my subscription, and a small 4.99 micro transaction, I can obtain the unique equipment! Yay.
With that same one month, if I didn't want to spend 4.99 more for a full set of unique equipment, I could instead try my luck with a cartel pack, and possibly get at least one piece of the equipment, and some other snazzy stuff! Yay.
1 month of cartel coins also buys a lot of fireworks and festivities if "participating in a holiday event" is all I really care about, as so many have claimed their disgusted about having to pay for.
If my 15 current speeders (number exaggerated for dramatization) just don't excite me anymore, I can spend a little bit and get a fun new unique speeder! Yay.
All of these listed things are currently less than 4 months worth of awarded Cartel Coins. And some of them even have the word "Pack" in their name.

And again, there's no telling what <Mythical Life Day Figure here> might leave in my mailbox on Life Day itself, if anything...

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 06:25 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Has there been a release of the list of items and the cost of them? So far I have not seen anything like that.
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

All in here.

2400 for the lot, so 2400 per character if you want it all for them.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Alec_Fortescue
12.11.2012 , 06:26 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Azurax View Post
The game is back up. The life robe is just a big solid red get-up. It's nothing new, and it's solid red. The new speeder is comically Christmas. To me, they have no value. My expectations were higher than this...
I warned. Do some datamining and you won't be surprised with the future cartel pack / market content :/
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

Alec_Fortescue
12.11.2012 , 06:26 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

All in here.

2400 for the lot, so 2400 per character if you want it all for them.
There is no list of what we can find in the Blockade Runner's pack. That's what I think the lad meant.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

CrazyCanukk
12.11.2012 , 06:27 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Just because an event has yet to be announced doesn't mean there won't be one. However at this point in time it does seem that there won't be one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this
Twitchtv channel: http://www.twitch.tv/crazycanukk
Twitter: @Crazycanukk
Server: Shadowlands

McKaby
12.11.2012 , 06:28 AM | #150
I rarely post on forums (seriously, look at my join date and post count)

But I have to agree, I do see the whole "Cash shop" as annoying, but alas, it's the bad bits of MMO's that people are grasping onto and pinning their hopes and futures for it, I see it in Star Trek Online, went there, they thrust lockboxes at you to make you buy keys for them, ships over there costing what I get a week in welfare in the UK (currently jobless, hoping that changes soon), and I have not played WoW, but I hear people going on about it happening there.

I was in EVE Online before I lost my job, I was there during "Monocle-gate" as it's called.

But there is one thing I see that Bioware has done right so far, so far, is that the cash shop is NOT a pay-to-win, it's a pay-to-look.

I do hate the cash shop system that MMO's are getting, but I am glad that Bioware has gone with the lesser of two evils in their MMO, as trust me, if this game was a pay-to-win, PvP would be worse than it is now, and people would be moaning about content, from what I see an hear in Fleet local chat, it's often people moaning about PvP Content and players who have not learnt the game properly.
I am not a Star Wars geek, nor a "Trekkie" I am just someone who likes Sci-Fi.