Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 05:54 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Belacose View Post
Already gave some of my thoughts about this on another thread.

Up until now I've pretty much been a big supporter of the Cartel Market.

I'm now somewhat speechless and almost don't know what more to say other than 'WOW' and

No events? Charging for disposable fireworks I had thought were only going to be free? Had been looking forward to this day thinking I was going to have a good festive time firing off all mine at once but now, if they give us some "free" ones for subscribing, they're going strait to the GTN.

Think I may be smelling the coffee for the first time. Fear I helped grow this monster by spending too much money buying CC. I'm sorry.

Yeah I wonder if the intial F2P cashshop splurdge has got $$$ signs behind the management at Bioware EA eyes.

Nothing else really explains how they could have thought this was going to be ok with paying customers.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Nythain
12.11.2012 , 05:54 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

Even if you ignore what Bioware EA said about subscribers and content............ having to pay on top of a subscription for holiday "event" items is just plain wrong, never mind pay SO MUCH for them.

There is no justification for this, there is only pure out and out milking of customers (or an attempt anyway, I see this blowning up in their faces to be honest).
I can agree with this. But as others have mentioned, we still don't know if there will be a subscriber event, or subscriber gifts in our mail later. Who's to say we won't see patch 1.6.1 or 1.6.2 as a last minute gift or event implementation for us. It's really too early to turn the rage dial up to 11 because they put the items in the cartel market as soon as possible.

thirtysmooth
12.11.2012 , 05:56 AM | #123
Can someone point to where Bioware said that there would be a Life Day-related event?

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 05:57 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
I can agree with this. But as others have mentioned, we still don't know if there will be a subscriber event, or subscriber gifts in our mail later. Who's to say we won't see patch 1.6.1 or 1.6.2 as a last minute gift or event implementation for us. It's really too early to turn the rage dial up to 11 because they put the items in the cartel market as soon as possible.
If Bioware have an ounce of sense they'll be furiously coding this as we type.

Having said the they still haven't fixed the CE banner for existing characters yet so...........

Also it's no use having an event for these after people have bought them, again that is profiteering of the worst sort.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Belacose
12.11.2012 , 05:58 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEmpress View Post
^ I so agree, very misleading, but there always hope there might be an event.... even if really small.
For the sake of SWTOR there better be or it's a sad sad day for a game I so loved.

Had really been looking foward to this day. Now I'm bummed beyond all else.

Today may be the first time I've experienced buyer's remorse from the CM. Today may be the first time since I started playing that I begin to look for another game? Honestly don't really know how I'll feel after I wake up. I love Star Wars and know that I did love SWTOR. Maybe even if I still do love it it won't matter anyways if they just added the nails to their own coffin?

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 05:59 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtysmooth View Post
Can someone point to where Bioware said that there would be a Life Day-related event?
They haven't. Just "Life Day" cartel packs and items (for a limited time only).

Spoletta
12.11.2012 , 06:00 AM | #127
This patch looks great, but the part about the space ship buffs in the cartel market really stings. Luckily i banked a lot of fleet comms, and trained in the grade 5 missions with grade 3 equipment just to be ready.

thirtysmooth
12.11.2012 , 06:03 AM | #128
They haven't. Just "Life Day" cartel packs and items (for a limited time only).
That was kind of my point. Why are people whinging about there not being any event? You have more things to buy in the Cartel Market and a new Warzone to play around with. Just take it for what it is and get on with it.

Assume makes an... you get the point.

Nythain
12.11.2012 , 06:04 AM | #129
If Bioware have an ounce of sense they'll be furiously coding this as we type.

Having said the they still haven't fixed the CE banner for existing characters yet so...........

Also it's no use having an event for these after people have bought them, again that is profiteering of the worst sort.
Assuming "Life Day" is something like X-Mas, the entire concept is secret gift giving. If one chooses to indulge before the day of celebration, it's not anyone's fault but their own. F2P might want to buy these packs and sets under the anticipation of not being able to participate in any subscriber event, but as a subscriber I'm not buying squat until I find out if I'm getting it for free later. And if I don't, and I really want said items, then it only takes a matter of minutes to hours to purchase some CC and get the items before they poof.

All I'm really getting at is, it's ultimately too soon to tell what could be in store for us subscribers. Everyone is raging over 1.6 patch notes introducing the items to the market near the beginning of the month. There's still plenty of time for Life Day's mythical figure to leave me a gift of some sort since I've been a good little boy and have a monthly subscription.

ThrillInstructor
12.11.2012 , 06:04 AM | #130
Well, BW did say in last week's live stream with the devs that they'd be providing new items for the CM as part of Life Day. Nobody said anything back then.
Actually, I'm rather surprised at the naivety and lack of foresight regarding this f2p system. The moment BW announced that subbers were to be given a certain amount of Cartel Tokens, everybody who knows a little bit about this kind of system should have concluded that the times where the 'good new stuff' is included in your sub fee are over.
Welcome on the slopes of Mount Micro Payment! And boy are they going to make you climb it!
This is just phase 1: Spend all your Cartel Tokens on useless fluff and stuff. Very soon you'll find items and unlocks in the store you will actually need for a full game experience. Of course you can get them as a subber....if you save up three months of tokens. But if you want to play it NOW, you'll have to cough up extra money for it.
F2p in this shape is a slow poison that will steadily seep into the bloodstream of the entire game. There is no real antidote. All you can do as a subber is to save your monthly tokens in order to be prepared for phase 2......or you pay up or shut up.