Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8-man HM Dread Guard

MAHC
12.10.2012 , 10:07 PM | #1
I know the order for the guard, but my question is do you need to keep Kelsara and ciphas separated? We try and get aggro on kelsara, for instance, and then while having aggro go hit on the other guy. This seems like we take a ton of additional damage.

LarryRow
12.11.2012 , 08:28 AM | #2
We have the tanks stay with their targets and do just enough dps to keep aggro and use beneficial abilities (like Riposte and Blade Storm for Guardians). As I'm sure you know, doing too much damage before Heirad is dead will buff their friends. We also don't worry too much about positioning, but it's probably easiest to tank Kelsara in the near-right corner from the entrance and Ciphas in the far left or right corner, depending on where he jumps to.

Heirad goes down pretty easy if your dps is on top of their game and switching quickly to Ciphas for a burn while spamming interrupt, then switching back right away. So you should be safe letting the tanks focus on their targets. Usually mechanics get us in this fight, not enrage.

One final tip: Ciphas is untauntable when he is shielding Heirad. If his leap coincides with a tank swap, the new tank will need to taunt Ciphas immediately after the interrupt or Ciphas will attack the Kelsara tank.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

MAHC
12.11.2012 , 10:01 AM | #3
We get Herad down rather quickly. We then take Cipahs and Kelsara up to the door and tank them relatively close to each other. This allows one tank to gain enough threat to hold Kelsara then turn and hit on Ciphas. I think this is where we are taking a ton of dmg. What usually happens is that we muddle through that part and then get to phase 3. Once we are at phase 3 we usually hit the enrage timer right around 9% or less HP on Kelsara.

How do you all handle the ads that spawn? We take everyone off and down them fast.

LarryRow
12.11.2012 , 11:42 AM | #4
You may be wasting too much time repositioning for phase 2. As long as the tanks are being careful about green circles so that tank and mdps has room to stand, you should be ok.

For the adds, try assigning 2 dps to take them out instead of 4. If more than 1 dps unloads on a squishy 7k hp mob you can easily "overdamage" the mob and lose dps on the boss.

Edit: after re-reading your post, I wonder if you are aware that the back right add must be prioritized. He casts a raid-wide DoT (cleansible) called Mass Affliction.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

MAHC
12.11.2012 , 12:03 PM | #5
Ya I think pulling off all 4 dps is a little overkill but the RL is worried about them going after teh healers. Will suggest this next time.

MAHC
12.11.2012 , 12:05 PM | #6
It really seems like if each tank grabs their perspective boss, holds aggro and does dmg to the main boss that the dmg taken by the tanks is n-fold. This feels like it's the case in phase 2 as well. Although I haven't read any mechanic about it. It may just be our healers having a hard time keeping up with the tanks. I don't know.