Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

ausmisc
12.10.2012 , 09:42 PM | #1
Hey, just thought I'd post this up for you guys to look at. As some of you might be aware, the APAC (Australian-Pacific) servers' are in a bit of a bad state with dwindling numbers, akin to the US servers before mergers. The PVP server has been hit especially hard, previously being the most populous but really struggling for numbers now that wasn't helped with F2P.

Anyway in an attempt to generate more interest in the game and get the whole ranked scene going again, some awesome guys on our server setup the R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship. Basically any guild could enter a team or 7 (1 spot on each side was reserved for a commentator/streamer) which then entered into elimination style rounds of heats, semis and finals.

The whole having commentators and streaming (whilst admittedly hard to achieve without getting in the way too much) was a pretty awesome experience and did a lot for our community as a whole. I guess I just wanted to share that and maybe kindle someone elses interest on some of the NA servers' to possibly do the same thing.

Bear in mind this was a first attempt, a lot of kinks to be ironed out probably but from everyone on the Master Dar'nala server it was a very positive and enjoyable experience. Also I am not one of the organiser's, merely a happy competitor who played in the following game.

http://www.twitch.tv/scorpio0412/b/346276378 (goto 25:00 for the start of the game)

The following is a link to other videos from the night, incase anyone was interested. Games are of varying skill and some team were facing teams of mismatched skill level, but it's something that's going to be changed in the future, with different pools and a points system.

http://www.twitch.tv/scorpio0412 (click the videos link down the bottom)

PS - No hating on the streamers camera skills, due to problems with the venue they were streaming from he was holding a mic between himself and his fellow commentator and playing with one hand =P

brrr
12.11.2012 , 04:46 AM | #2
Just to be clear what Ward is trying to find out is how the quality of this ranked game compares to other servers.

The game at 25 mins is now considered by everyone who watched or was involved the best game of Huttball ever on our server. We want to know how bad or good it was compared to other ranked huttball you've been involved in.

ausmisc
12.11.2012 , 02:21 PM | #3
Oh for sure, feel free to comment/criticise our epic huttball match haha