Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware: A Message From a Long Time Fan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware: A Message From a Long Time Fan

ArchangelLBC
12.11.2012 , 01:48 AM | #11
Read and agreed with all of it. Operative sustained DPS is really bad. My commando at least has the option to go into an operation and perform very well and contribute, even if it's total crap in PVP. Operative DPS is bad on both sides of the game and that's just so wrong on so many levels.

Agreed on resolve, agreed on the need for cross server queues combined with actually good matchmaking.

Frankly Aluvi, you are one of my least favorite people to see in game, since it's always across the field on a warzone, but you make some damn fine points here.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

contactlost
12.11.2012 , 01:49 AM | #12
I agree. Main problem with PvP is resolve system, I can survive all other problems, but I cant stand stuns, roots etc. which are at least 50% of battle. This would work in 2v2 matches, where you must accually think and wait for the right moment to stun/unstun, but when there are 16 players it realy becomes a stun wars.

The other thing i was wondering lately is Hut Ball. In my opinion it needs fixing, becouse there are several classes that have unfair advantage there. Problem is with ball handler. For example you are slowed but you are able to jump, you are able to use speed and other skills while other classes simply can't. The game depends on which team has more Sages ;-)

My proposition is to prevent ball handler from jumping and doing other stuff. Instead give him a hp boost or something else which can make him a bit stronger. But no jumping, speeding etc.

DarthSabreth
12.11.2012 , 01:58 AM | #13
Op that was a fantastic very well writen post. I hope BW reads it. the only thing that i disagree with you on is the issue with everyone getting WH gear for the same price as BM gear. I have a fully geared healer op fully WH augmented and sure the grind suxed but there was a desparity with gear and this move by BW puts folks on a more even playing field.

Everything else i totaly agree with you on 100%
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Knockerz
12.11.2012 , 02:08 AM | #14
Well the BM augment problem was really BW fault. No one will augment the bm cause you need to turn in the shells and the shells are the only thing that have the bonus. Thus, you either strip the mods and go without bonus or you go with the bm bonus, but later have to re-augment your gear due the requirement of having to turn in the shell. It's too costly for people who only pvp.

There was always little incentives to do any form of rank pvp in any game. While it initially helps wow has shown that continual gear gaps will eventually result in pvp dying off, especially with rank requirements. The only way I see ranks working in any game is by provide unique items, specifically unique gear, but I doubt it any mmorpg will do that for such a small group of players. This isn't a professional sport that generates a lot of money to justify the cost of the rewards. Personally, I think they should have multiple tiers eventually leading to tournament at end of each season. In those tournaments reward players with good items. However, those end tournaments will be cross server. First, have sever regional tournaments, then have server final tournaments between all the servers. That will make a very competitive rated pvp and give rated meaning.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

JackNader
12.11.2012 , 02:30 AM | #15
Agree with all you said with the exception of the operative. Concealment operatives have a gap closer. It's called sneak and it works extremely well. Operatives struggle with sustained dps. it's meh atm, but what can you do about it? If they are given initial burst + sustained dps they will become massively overpowered like they were at launch.

I'm a die hard concealment operative. I love the spec. The only change I would make to the spec is to allow the operatve to re-stealth using regular stealth everytime you kill a target. Use a 5 second window per kill so that it can't be abused and alter stealth itself so that there is "NO" cooldown.

Loladarulz
12.11.2012 , 04:13 AM | #16
Couldnt have said it better - agree with everything here. BW should really see this post and implement suggestions.
Thumbs up

dejavy
12.11.2012 , 04:28 AM | #17
The merc/commando balance part is my favourite here

Cywaz
12.11.2012 , 04:50 AM | #18
A very well written post! Finally a Marauder/Sentinel that knows what he's talking about. I must say that I agree to everything you wrote, now let's just hope that Bioware reads it as well, cause as the game is now the Pvp is unplayable for some classes and as you said the resolve is broken and should just be removed.

Anyway +1 from me!

CrixusBoR
12.11.2012 , 05:01 AM | #19
Nice post, op. I agree with all your sentiments.

Ghost_Spectre
12.11.2012 , 11:54 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Perfect, now let me and my friends all roll healers with a few melee and we will faceroll the crap out of you without CC stoping us.
It wouldn't be any different from what is happening today with all the stuns, roots, slows, CC, and other means to keep a player from functioning in a Warzone.

However, you neglected to read the fact that for 30 seconds, everyone is vulnerable to being stunned, rooted, slowed, CC, and otherwise inhibited from acting. In anything there is a tradeoff. However, in its current form, the resolve system along with the plethora of abilities to stop players from having any actions is simply broken in its current form. You may disagree, that's fine. But I would venture a guess that you have had your share of stun locked deaths to the point of frustration too.
Caedus Rage Juggernaut Aloysius Madness Sorcerer Ni'Tehn'Do Lethal Operative
Vestara Balance Shadow Fat Albert Focus Guardian Baytor Balance Sage
Kallig Legacy Jedi Convenant Lvl 60 Toons: 3