Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5600 Smash Damage in Full Warhero Heavy Armor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5600 Smash Damage in Full Warhero Heavy Armor

ELECTRICJUDGMENT
12.10.2012 , 10:03 PM | #21
Why would a Sentinel use Vindicator mods when they already have Weaponmaster. The set bonus doesn't follow the mods.

Missandei
12.11.2012 , 01:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Use your Resilience, Force Wave, Blackout in certain circumstances, Force Speed to get out of other circumstances,
lol... Resilience and etc is on 1min CD.... and Smash can be made every 1.5 sec.. lol..
1 Resilience for every 25 smashes.. So big a differense for a defense.. lol...
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Missandei
12.11.2012 , 01:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
fair enough, but nobody ever whined about Ambush being OP in SWTOR forums
It would be interesting to make the Ambush do AOE damage... Like smash..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Raansu
12.11.2012 , 02:15 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
I don't play a Sentinel. As such, there was no way for me to know Sentinels use Vindicator armoring and the set bonus carried over, so "L2P" is not even relevant here. Instead of clarifying that you meant the mods and not the actual armor, you decided to insult me. You also still neglected to mention the 19k Master Strike was done after 100% armor reduction. 2 separate skills.
Dude...He said in his first post that he was combat spec...That's kind of a dead giveaway that he's not only a sentinel, bu most obviously used his ability that gives armor reduction. And why do you need to play sentinel to know that armoring for the tier after battlemaster/rakata now transfers the set bonus instead of just the armor itself? If you actually had been playing since launch you would know this unless you just never bothered to ever read any of the patch notes.

LenrocNewDawn
12.11.2012 , 02:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
lol... Resilience and etc is on 1min CD.... and Smash can be made every 1.5 sec.. lol..
1 Resilience for every 25 smashes.. So big a differense for a defense.. lol...
Erm, no! Smash has a separate cool down of 15 seconds. You can spec it to 12 sec CD and by using CD lowering abilities you can have it ready in minimum 6 seconds but it's rarely the case. I think the actual rate is around 9 (edited after thinking it through ) seconds on a stationary target. What makes it powerful is the auto-crit + shock-wave buff. Is is over the top? Don't have enough data to make that statement but keep in mind w/o that ability focus/rage would lose over half of its damage potential. The fact that the mara/sents are very user friendly classes might contribute to the perception of OP classes .
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

KettleBelll
12.11.2012 , 03:11 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
fair enough, but nobody ever whined about Ambush being OP in SWTOR forums

I'll complain about Ambush -> Followthru -> Takedown allllllll day sir, and even more about Engineering Spec

dufox
12.11.2012 , 04:05 AM | #27
i smashed a dude for 8138 the other day, ill admit i laughed my *** off.

that said the real problem with smash is what follows it.
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

VigDiath
12.11.2012 , 11:47 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dufox View Post
i smashed a dude for 8138 the other day, ill admit i laughed my *** off.

that said the real problem with smash is what follows it.
death?
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Veniras
12.11.2012 , 12:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
Vindicator is HEAVY ARMOR, it can't be equipped by Sentinels. L2P
It can. They will not get the heavy armour rating, but they will get the set bonus. L2P yourself!

Kawiki
12.11.2012 , 12:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
It can. They will not get the heavy armour rating, but they will get the set bonus. L2P yourself!
Right, You rip out the Vin armorings and put them into medium armor. Every Sent/Mara that knows anything about this game does it.