Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Tie Break = Lame

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Tie Break = Lame

UGLYMRJ
12.10.2012 , 04:52 PM | #21
If you haven't scored 6 goals in 13 minutes... what makes you think you're gonna score one in another 2-3 minutes?

I actually like it... makes for some pretty exciting last minute mayhem.

I didn't read ALL of the comments in here but I can't see a logical way to change it. "Overtime" definitely does not sound like a logical idea IMO.

criminalheretic
12.10.2012 , 05:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
Total time of possession would make things worse. Just get ahead by 1 or 2 points then hold the ball for as long as possible.
In that scenario there would be no tie breaker, you know, cause you're ahead by 1 or 2 points.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

NoTomorrow
12.10.2012 , 05:09 PM | #23
This is how cases like this are solved in other games: Sudden death. No more respawns
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

SirGusto
12.10.2012 , 05:17 PM | #24
Sounds to me like no one agrees with the op. I see no problem with the way it is, it is what it is. If your team isn't strong or coordinated enough to take the ball back, you probably shouldn't win anyway.

Altheran
12.10.2012 , 05:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
In that scenario there would be no tie breaker, you know, cause you're ahead by 1 or 2 points.
I assume he wanted to say that people would change their offensive strategy in defensive strategy to lenghten the match (and farming people), and so even if they screw their tactics and the ennemy team succed to make a tie, the fact that they focused on keeping the ball would make them have an automatic win.
To not attack while winning, screwing the defensive strategy ending in a tie, and not fearing to lose at all even with having failed, doesn't seem right. Follow the same scheme in another WZ, they wouldn't have a winning warranty.

DarthBloodloss
12.10.2012 , 05:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighead View Post
A 2-3 minute, sudden death overtime period would be better
So in the case of an extremely close game....tied 0-0....

You propose to end the tie by.....get this.....which team scores first??? The whole situation here is that neither team can score.....
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Twighead
12.10.2012 , 05:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post

You propose to end the tie by.....get this.....which team scores first??? The whole situation here is that neither team can score.....
Who said it was 0-0? It could be 5-5. It was just one suggestion. I think others had some better ideas.

HelinCarnate
12.10.2012 , 05:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post

Exactly correct. What would be the tie breaker after the first overtime? Another one? Then another?

Time of posession is another bad idea. Well we are halfway into the game and its 0-0 but the other team has had the ball most of the time. Time to bail. You know people would do this more freequently than the current system.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Twighead
12.10.2012 , 06:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Exactly correct. What would be the tie breaker after the first overtime? Another one? Then another?

Time of posession is another bad idea. Well we are halfway into the game and its 0-0 but the other team has had the ball most of the time. Time to bail. You know people would do this more freequently than the current system.
I love Huttball. So for me yeah I would love for the game to continue for as long as it took to score the winning goal. I wouldn't even care if it took an hour. However I realize that that's not realistic so I was trying to see if there were some better ideas. I just think ties are boring and I think ball posession is boring. Obviously most of you don't agree, but that's fine.

I've won Huttballs by grappling people into the fire with 5 seconds left. That doesn't take any skill. Funny, yes. But not a good tie breaker in my opinion.

DarthBloodloss
12.10.2012 , 08:07 PM | #30
Well I dont have a problem with the current system, but I can support the fact that you would like an improvement. I don't know what it could be, but I'm always in favor of improvements even if my other posts seem to be sarcastic
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS