Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Storymode Vorgath encounter,1-shot by Imperial Demolitions Probe

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Storymode Vorgath encounter,1-shot by Imperial Demolitions Probe

Kaliren
12.10.2012 , 12:50 PM | #1
Is this working as intended?
For the past 2 weeks, my guild has been unable to clear this operation. We've had it on farm for some time, but something has changed within the past month. (We didn't run it for a few weeks prior to 2 weeks ago.) I suspect it has to do with code leaking over from the changes in nightmare mode.

Ops members get randomly 1-shot for 25,890 damage by the Imperial Demolitions Probe using the Explosive probe attack. We are careful to stay within the safe green boxes, away from the edge.

Please fix this, Bioware; it's broken.
Proud officer of <Dark Aftermath>,The Bastion
Now open recruiting! /whisper me!
Yseult, Medic Operative
Alts- (empire) Otsana, Aluel; (republic) Raefn

tahoeWolverine
12.10.2012 , 03:14 PM | #2
My first thought was that perhaps the NiM bug/feature with overload made its way into storymode. What happens in NiM is that the probe will do it's HM Overload attack, but will not have a castbar. If raid members get knocked into a red square, they die.

Either way, it might be interesting to know/test what the damage looks like when a player simply steps on a red square (or yellow square without the kit).

I know there is also a separate mechanic where the probe will randomly shoot raid members. Unfortunately, I don't know what that is called or what it does since healers always just healed through it.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

NotRonin
12.10.2012 , 06:33 PM | #3
It may be a story mode only bug since we didn't experience the issue in hardmode. The 'bomb probe' can be cleansed by the healer, or self cleansed if you have a shadow/assassin tank,

Kaliren
12.11.2012 , 01:27 PM | #4
I hope Bioware has seen this because my guild would like to know what's going on. Is more information needed to find the problem? Is it a problem? Is it a stealth change and working as intended?
Proud officer of <Dark Aftermath>,The Bastion
Now open recruiting! /whisper me!
Yseult, Medic Operative
Alts- (empire) Otsana, Aluel; (republic) Raefn