Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

TheNahash
12.10.2012 , 09:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Narthil View Post
Did I hear correctly?

Recruit sets will get the same expertise as WH/EWH sets?

This would be a very simple reason not to invest time and money into this game anymore and go F2P.

End game is all about a reason to play for more, usually rewards and better gear. This would eliminate all reason to play for...

I don't mind if they raise the expertise level of recruit armor, but making it equal will simply destroy those who have invested time into this game.

I also heard they plan to nerf Sorc/Sages even more? Seriously? The 2nd most underperforming DPS class in the entire game (after Commandos) is getting an additional nerf?

Does BioWare play this game or do they just listen to the people who have been playing for 1 month complain and make their wishes happen?

BioWare, please listen to us Founders. Being here subscribed from day 1 should give us a right to vote.

There should be a voting system implemented in which the people who have been subscribed the longest have more weigh in the vote.
Take a look around the PVP section of the forum and you will see that expertise is what's making Lvl 50 PVP unbalanced - along with the individual nerf, bugs and buffs of the classes, of course. It's why people love 10-49 Pvp and hate 50s Pvp, with the exception of the hardcore pvpers who are always overgeared and grouped with their guildies.

Getting rid of expertise means that people will need more skill and less gear. What's wrong with that?
And as for "reasons to play more", why isn't PVPing with your mates reason enough? Or why would a different look (in the form of new and exclusive orange shells) for your toon not be reason enough?

But I do agree with you about sorcerers. There is no reason for a nerf. They just need to fix the healing hybrid issue with the bubble stun and that should be it.

Galbatorrix
12.10.2012 , 09:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
Where did you "hear" this? If this is correct, wouldn't it be simpler to just take expertise out of the game, or take it off the gear entirely and go with flat X% buffs and nerfs to stats across the board in PvP?

If they take away Expertise completely, they eliminate the PVP gear grind. Which they will never do. But, by marginalizing expertise, they're simply allowing new comers to have a better chance at succeeding. Gear will still matter, but more in the way that PVE gear matters. You'll have more health and such than new comers, but they'll actually be able to compete with you and maybe even beat you if they're more skilled. Currently, a very skilled PVPers STILL dies to an unskilled one due to expertise. So again, making PVP more skill based is a good thing.

RedEnsign
12.10.2012 , 09:41 AM | #23
No constructive criticism? You're just going to say no because you feel like it?

I don't mind if they raise the expertise level of recruit armor, but making it equal will simply destroy those who have invested time into this game.

There's a huge difference between utopia and actual facts. Trust me, if they do this the hardcores will unsub.

As my signature states:
You didn't invest anything. You're playing a game to entertain yourself. If virtual pixels mean more to you than being entertained, you really need to see a therapist. I also take it you don't PvP just to PvP? Hardcores PvP to PvP, I guess you aren't a hardcore.
At first I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA the rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized we get paid anyways when EA fails so all is good.

Tojo_Hammer
12.10.2012 , 09:46 AM | #24
Please nerf bubblespec sorcs. That is all.
Tojo Havok
Iniquitous Agenda

Tweaked
12.10.2012 , 09:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Again, your high end PVE gear still has more endurance, aim, str, etc than the recruit gear.

I came here to reply THIS and found it already done.

skiibyrd
12.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #26
Expertise is an extra, unnessary stat to PvP. Really, if they want to make PvP require special gear, with a special stat (expertise) i'm fine with that. Expertise should be even across the board... the gear itself will still have stats, that increase with grinding for new sets. Hopefully they realized that Expertise is making PvP unbalanced, and really is unnessary, part of what makes a good player is being good when equal to the enemies, having tons of Expertise so you hit harder doesnt make you good player. Eliminating the gap between people in End game PvP is what this game needs, and it will make it more like PvP when you were leveling, which I believe is some of the best PvP in the game.

Abuelo-Jedi
12.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #27
Personally I think it'll be great to make expertise closer in gear sets. I PvP'd with my characters from 10-49 while leveling and at 50 I stopped after just three games. There's no reason to just get stomped all day when previously I was hitting 30-40 kills per WZ and all of a sudden I am struggling to get 4 kills.

I will definitely participate when/if the expertise flattening takes place.
Shadowlands
Don't Tread On Me
ZeunGenno
BalluckHinz

GeckoOBac
12.10.2012 , 10:17 AM | #28
No constructive criticism? You're just going to say no because you feel like it?
Do I need to? I was here longer than you so my vote counts more, and I don't need to justify myself.

You do realize I was just using your proposed method? Elitism of any kind simply begets this kind of situation. It's just a bad idea, whining will be always there, giving some kind of power to a certain group over another one doesn't make it "better", it only makes YOUR group prevalent. At least if everybody's vote has the same value you can hope to at least satisfy the majority of the people. Not always the BEST choice, but nobody can really judge.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Goretzu
12.10.2012 , 10:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
Expertise is an extra, unnessary stat to PvP. Really, if they want to make PvP require special gear, with a special stat (expertise) i'm fine with that. Expertise should be even across the board... the gear itself will still have stats, that increase with grinding for new sets. Hopefully they realized that Expertise is making PvP unbalanced, and really is unnessary, part of what makes a good player is being good when equal to the enemies, having tons of Expertise so you hit harder doesnt make you good player. Eliminating the gap between people in End game PvP is what this game needs, and it will make it more like PvP when you were leveling, which I believe is some of the best PvP in the game.

WoW brought in their PvP stat because of the issue of PvE raid gear being the best for PvP (as well as PvE), it was a fair old problem back then with some raid gear for some classes being better than the orginal R14 stuff you litterally had to LIVE PvP to get (before they nerfed it and made it easy to get).

Outside of games like WAR (WAR went at it from the other end) this has largely only been solveable with a "PvP stat".
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Andryah
12.10.2012 , 10:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
I would rather have a "Your reward is clothes" system rather than power creep where you can never win without the top tier gear, also they're not nerfing Sorcerers or Sages, no class changes in 1.6 as of yet
/signed.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.