Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

Pekoo
12.11.2012 , 11:13 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
ITT- people saying they're skilled yet also saying that having 5k more health and doing 20% more damage doesn't make a difference in pvp.
A good player in recruit gear is much more useful than a bad player in wh gear, that was my point.
Between players with the same skill the gear does matter, but a warzone is never about 2 players.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
<Nostrum Dolus>
3500+ RWZ

Phoabe - Scoundrel || Choco'latte - Sage

islander
12.11.2012 , 11:21 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
YES to basically getting rid of expertise. It would bring skill back into the game and make it to where the PVP game has a ton more players to compete with. Also, your gear would still matter due to the other stats. This will only make PVP better, IMO. It would enable everyone to participate instead of just the hard core PVPer's who don't midn the long gear grind.
Getting rid of expertise makes PvEers into PvPers.

Absolutely not. PvP for your gear. They made war hero a 10-14 day grind to get now. Get out of your wussy operations and come join the actual war sometime.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

ForsakenKing
12.11.2012 , 11:38 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Getting rid of expertise makes PvEers into PvPers.

Absolutely not. PvP for your gear. They made war hero a 10-14 day grind to get now. Get out of your wussy operations and come join the actual war sometime.
i disagree. most pvers that i know rarely ever que up for regular and only once in a blue moon for ranked. I dont mind that they are doing this. making expertise equal is already making the games more competitive in regular wzs. besides that, have you ever played with a pve player? they go into pvp with the mindset that it is pve. as in they go in with an inflexible plan. any group who has a decent amount of experience in pvp will be able to dominate because they understand you need to be flexible to win in pvp

I also think this is great for ranked. more teams will be fielded (which is needed) and full/optomized EWH is still a good enough carrot to go after.

lastly, i dont see this isnt going to stop people who enjoy pvp from going f2p. it costs $10 a month for unlimited pvp on 1 (ONE) toon. The gear is also insanely expensive if you are a f2p/preffered player. Casual pvper (people that only pvp and only do it for a few hours a week) probably werent subbing anyway so no issue there

edit: since some crazy people think is is important, closed beta and sub since day 1 (minus a 1month hiatus)

islander
12.11.2012 , 11:50 AM | #124
You can disagree if you want. It's not going to happen - ever.

I don't want to be forced to PvE for my PvP gear. It's NOW remarkably easy to get a competent set of expertise gear. Is augmenting it expensive? yes. If you are serious about PvPing, then you do it.

If I were serious about joining an operation, I wouldn't roll into it with my war hero gear. Why should it be any different for you? Because you're lazy and self-entitled?
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

L-RANDLE
12.11.2012 , 04:25 PM | #125
Can't really get rid of expertise peeps... it's there for a reason.

What they need to "stop" doing is adding more grinds for better gear stats and also stop blatantly switching stat allocations on the proceeding tier to force further "grinds". If you are going to keep the trade-in requirement, at least have the same stats that are the previous tier has. pfft ricockulous...

When they feel the need to give out better gear in PvE, simply change the multiplier on the expertise formula so the percentages are higher for a given amount of EXP points. All tiers stay in line, but raiders will not be able to mop the floor with anyone.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango