Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

Rinkialol
12.11.2012 , 04:23 AM | #111
I second this thread, I've been here since beta and I'm a hardcore PvPer just like on any game I play. If the recruit gear gets exact expertise as WH/EWH gear then I would be sad, but then again I enjoy the whole grind for gear. Sorcs need a buff for sure tho, seems like Sorcs and Sages have to try their hardest to get top dps in any WZ while others run in circles with their thumb in their *** and come out on top. lolk

Pekoo
12.11.2012 , 04:36 AM | #112
The people that think recruit gear is totally underpowered are really wrong, it does make a difference if the players have the same level of skill. But in a warzone it doesn't really matter unless you suck and if you do, you will suck in wh gear as well.
For some reason every time i lvl a character to 50 and i'm full recruit geared it doesn't seem too make much difference i'm still almost always on top of scoreboard in healing or damage and objectives and it's not because the class is op, this happened on my sage.

If i care about the changes in expertise in recruit gear?
I don't really care, people that suck will always suck no matter what gear they have and people that are good will always shine no matter what gear they have. As i once have seen a sentinel who had almost full wh gear and he still managed to do 30k damage in a civil war and he wasn't defending, he was always on the turret we were attacking (i remeber healing him all the time).

Where did you hear that BW were nerfing sages?
They do need a small buff to their burst damage to be on pair with other dps classes, not counting with rage/focus spec. They need to be really stupid to nerf sages again but i wouldn't be surprised if they did, as we've seen they always seem to do the wrong choices in class balancing.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
<Nostrum Dolus>
3500+ RWZ

Phoabe - Scoundrel || Choco'latte - Sage

Rinkialol
12.11.2012 , 04:38 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Pekoo View Post
The people that think recruit gear is totally underpowered are really wrong, it does make a difference if the players have the same level of skill. But in a warzone it doesn't really matter unless you suck and if you do, you will suck in wh gear as well.
For some reason every time i lvl a character to 50 and i'm full recruit geared it doesn't seem too make much difference i'm still almost always on top of scoreboard in healing or damage and objectives and it's not because the class is op, this happened on my sage.

If i care about the changes in expertise in recruit gear?
I don't really care, people that suck will always suck no matter what gear they have and people that are good will always shine no matter what gear they have. As i once have seen a sentinel who had almost full wh gear and he still managed to do 30k damage in a civil war and he wasn't defending, he was always on the turret we were attacking (i remeber healing him all the time).

Where did you hear that BW were nerfing sages?
They do need a small buff to their burst damage to be on pair with other dps classes, not counting with rage/focus spec. They need to be really stupid to nerf sages again but i wouldn't be surprised if they did, as we've seen they always seem to do the wrong choices in class balancing.
I agree with everything.
I bought Recruit gear on my Sorc and I wear it often when I PvP, I have full WH gear min/maxed.

Siorac
12.11.2012 , 04:40 AM | #114
Recruit does matter though; just for fun, I respecced my usually tank Juggernaut, got him the Recruit set and entered a warzone as Vengeance.

Let's just say it was a considerably different experience compared to playing my Vigilance Guardian. Healers didn't even have time to heal me after a Charge, I was melted so quickly Also, I hit like a wet noodle.

My healing Sorc was effective enough from day one though (and I could do some great numbers when respecced to Madness, not that I seemed to actually kill anyone). Any problems I had were L2P issues. So yeah. Not quite sure what my point is here.

Atramar
12.11.2012 , 04:48 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by NSStember View Post
Agreed. Pre-50 PvP was about your skill at PvP and 50 PvP was all about the gear. It would be nice to re-introduce skill to level 50 PvP. I know it would make me far more likely to PvP at that level (and yes, I'm a founder too).
that made me giggle so hard, I spilled my coffee and had to make some excuse to my boss for laughter..

pre 50 pvp was never about skill. 10-49 brackets is leveling ground filled with frustration, tears, and stupidity combined with some easy kills for those who claim to be skilled.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

GrandMike
12.11.2012 , 04:52 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Recruit does matter though; just for fun, I respecced my usually tank Juggernaut, got him the Recruit set and entered a warzone as Vengeance.

Let's just say it was a considerably different experience compared to playing my Vigilance Guardian. Healers didn't even have time to heal me after a Charge, I was melted so quickly Also, I hit like a wet noodle.

My healing Sorc was effective enough from day one though (and I could do some great numbers when respecced to Madness, not that I seemed to actually kill anyone). Any problems I had were L2P issues. So yeah. Not quite sure what my point is here.
Point is that when you do 50% less damage, have 60% HP, take 30% more damage its hard not to notice.

Many people refer that against bads it doesnt matter that much. But wth does that matter?

If your only defence is "well you at least dont suck that much against bads". Yeah, well, even if you are skilled gear noob it isnt really anything to look forward to.

And, of course, some classes/specs are much more gear dependant than others and in some classes you will suck with recruit gear no matter what (well, with some classes you will suck no matter what )

Thats why they need to intrduce player ratings and matchmaking with ratings, not gear.

In any competitve game i participated matchmaking was made based on ratings, and i played against evenly skilled (+geared in this case) opponents. Never ever was the goal of matchmaking to pit me, with high rating, with bunch of people with low rating because its clear NPE for both sides.

Rinkialol
12.11.2012 , 04:59 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
that made me giggle so hard, I spilled my coffee and had to make some excuse to my boss for laughter..

pre 50 pvp was never about skill. 10-49 brackets is leveling ground filled with frustration, tears, and stupidity combined with some easy kills for those who claim to be skilled.
Lmao! I enjoy your honesty sir.

fungihoujo
12.11.2012 , 05:10 AM | #118
ITT- people saying they're skilled yet also saying that having 5k more health and doing 20% more damage doesn't make a difference in pvp.

Evolixe
12.11.2012 , 05:19 AM | #119
God, OP are you for real?

PvP is best when it is fair. Therefore giving people in recruit gear a little something is solely and ONLY positive.

As someone said in another thread,

Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
What you will see is a bunch horribad kids, who though the gear gap was fine, and now that the game is more fair they'll finally realize they need the gear gap.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

POPsi
12.11.2012 , 05:49 AM | #120
it would be the best to have only tier of pvp gear, with the same amount of expertise on all sets, and then it would be mostly about skill (not counting class imbalance and the advantages of pre-mades).