Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

Narthil
12.10.2012 , 08:57 AM | #1
Did I hear correctly?

Recruit sets will get the same expertise as WH/EWH sets?

This would be a very simple reason not to invest time and money into this game anymore and go F2P.

End game is all about a reason to play for more, usually rewards and better gear. This would eliminate all reason to play for...

I don't mind if they raise the expertise level of recruit armor, but making it equal will simply destroy those who have invested time into this game.

I also heard they plan to nerf Sorc/Sages even more? Seriously? The 2nd most underperforming DPS class in the entire game (after Commandos) is getting an additional nerf?

Does BioWare play this game or do they just listen to the people who have been playing for 1 month complain and make their wishes happen?

BioWare, please listen to us Founders. Being here subscribed from day 1 should give us a right to vote.

There should be a voting system implemented in which the people who have been subscribed the longest have more weigh in the vote.
"Don't give people what they want, give them what they need"

GeckoOBac
12.10.2012 , 09:00 AM | #2
I was here since beta.

I vote no on your proposal.

/thread.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

SNCommand
12.10.2012 , 09:04 AM | #3
I would rather have a "Your reward is clothes" system rather than power creep where you can never win without the top tier gear, also they're not nerfing Sorcerers or Sages, no class changes in 1.6 as of yet
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Galbatorrix
12.10.2012 , 09:05 AM | #4
YES to basically getting rid of expertise. It would bring skill back into the game and make it to where the PVP game has a ton more players to compete with. Also, your gear would still matter due to the other stats. This will only make PVP better, IMO. It would enable everyone to participate instead of just the hard core PVPer's who don't midn the long gear grind.

Narthil
12.10.2012 , 09:07 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
I was here since beta.

/thread.
No constructive criticism? You're just going to say no because you feel like it?

Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
I would rather have a "Your reward is clothes" system rather than power creep where you can never win without the top tier gear, also they're not nerfing Sorcerers or Sages, not class changes in 1.6 as of yet
I don't mind if they raise the expertise level of recruit armor, but making it equal will simply destroy those who have invested time into this game.

There's a huge difference between utopia and actual facts. Trust me, if they do this the hardcores will unsub.

As my signature states:
"Don't give people what they want, give them what they need"

Ishagu
12.10.2012 , 09:08 AM | #6
Should not be about gear at all in pvp imo
Laptop: Alienware M15x, I7 740QM, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333Mhz, 1.5GB Nvidia GTX 460M, 500GB SATA HD @ 7200rpm, Windows 7 x64, 1600x900
-~Ishagu~-

Galbatorrix
12.10.2012 , 09:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Narthil View Post

Again, your high end PVE gear still has more endurance, aim, str, etc than the recruit gear.

sstanks
12.10.2012 , 09:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
I was here since beta.

/thread.
seconded

Vitellius
12.10.2012 , 09:11 AM | #9
I think making the expertise more even is a good move. It promotes skill over gear. It really needs to be this way because at 50, everyone is just thrown in a big pot left to fend for themselves. Sure, the game tries to match evenly matched players, but that doesn't always work, and certainly won't help you at the den. When my agent hit 50, I had to claw my way through death after death up against people wearing better gear.

As for nerfing sorcs/sages....nerf arguments are as old as MMO's. Nobody who has a class that is being nerfed likes it, and they ALWAYS say they are underpowered....always. Whether the nerf is right or wrong is a matter of opinion and can be discussed in its own thread.
"Smoke me a kipper...i'll be back for breakfast." -Ace Rimmer

GrandMike
12.10.2012 , 09:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Narthil View Post
There's a huge difference between utopia and actual facts. Trust me, if they do this the hardcores will unsub.
You will unsub?

Woo-hoo, dont let the door hit you on your way out.

You have mistaken "hardcore" for "bad" so just insert BADS in your statement and thats it