Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

fps keeps getting worse

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
12.11.2012 , 06:45 AM | #11
run with the other changes and see how things go

OwenBrooks
12.11.2012 , 07:00 AM | #12
Can you provide me your exact laptop model ?

I am concerned the dxdiag is defaulting to the intel card and i am wondering if your game is too.

morfius
12.11.2012 , 07:19 AM | #13
NVidia panel - prefered GPU - NVidia, Phisics GPU - NVidia, Ambient occlusion - off, everything else on performance / max performance, all optimizations - on.
Power plan on laptop - high performance.
Most of issues with patches came when patch mess with some of those above, why & how ... BW to explain.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedióof black and white, as it wereóbut in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

mtanios
12.11.2012 , 07:21 AM | #14
I've tried the game now, it has gotten worse.. So now i get very low fps from the start. Tried a warzone, i was playing with 3 fps in combat... Yesterday before i did the last changes i did 3 Warzones that went smooth. I want to include that i played on a different account tho, the same notebook but logged in on my old account i use as f2p.

Asus notebook

Model: X53S
MB Ver: K53SC

mtanios
12.11.2012 , 07:26 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
NVidia panel - prefered GPU - NVidia, Phisics GPU - NVidia, Ambient occlusion - off, everything else on performance / max performance, all optimizations - on.
Power plan on laptop - high performance.
Most of issues with patches came when patch mess with some of those above, why & how ... BW to explain.
I am already doing all of the above.

OwenBrooks
12.11.2012 , 07:26 AM | #16
make sure that the settings morfius has made are set correctly on your laptop.

ok still looking then, i have heard of issues where some games still went to the intel video. researching just in case this is what is happening,

mtanios
12.11.2012 , 08:16 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
make sure that the settings morfius has made are set correctly on your laptop.

ok still looking then, i have heard of issues where some games still went to the intel video. researching just in case this is what is happening,
All my Nvidia settings are as they should be, thing is i get more fps problems with melee then with a ranged class. Might be because as a melee your i the middle of the fight..

But in any way i never had this problem pre 1.3 as my 2 only classes i played were an assassin and Juggernaut, both pvp only.

Cerimon
12.11.2012 , 08:42 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
mtanios,

Before proceeding you need to check if your machine requires OEM video drivers. If so please use those at the driver install phase of the following, otherwise just use the generic drivers from nvidia.

I advise doing the following: Uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install. Leaving info for both manufacturers here for the benefit of other readers.

Depending on the graphics card the uninstall can differ:

NVidia recommend completing this through Control Panel/add/remove programs.
1) Go into your Control Panel
2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
3) Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.
4) Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.
5) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall

Nvidia link:http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

ATI on the other hand recommend removing drivers via their own catalyst:
1) Click on Start
2) Open the Control Panel
3) Select Programs and Features
4) Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager
5) Click on Change

AMD link:http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...csDrivers.aspx

Instructions on performing a clean boot for Windows 7 and Vista or Windows XP.
When installing an Nvidia driver please choose the advanced install and tick the box for "perform a clean installation".
When installing AMD drivers, just perform the installation as normal after the clean boot.

Please post again to let us know if this increases your game performance.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

OwenBrooks
12.11.2012 , 09:10 AM | #19
Here is the link to the video drivers for your your laptop

http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...53Sc&p=3&s=114

over a year old though

Install these and see if it works if it does update your nvidia drivers from below link and hopefully you will be all good.
mind if it does work then really no need to update

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/50007

mtanios
12.11.2012 , 09:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
mtanios,

Before proceeding you need to check if your machine requires OEM video drivers. If so please use those at the driver install phase of the following, otherwise just use the generic drivers from nvidia.

How do i find out if i require the OEM drivers? and where do i get them?