Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers or Snipers 4PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers or Snipers 4PvP

RyderQuanTy
12.10.2012 , 01:47 PM | #41
both classes work best in groups comboing knockbacks, roots, stuns. both classes can make a phalanx (for give the spelling ) and destroys as unit. Knock back fade knock back fade ect.

The MM snipers when isolated is very vunurabe to stelthand stelthers pres this advantage vs you with out mercy. Any good stelther will kill you period. xfs freightor and hunker down only delay it. Groups will overwhelm you and you have no escape. That said if you learn to crouch and reterte to natural cover you can do well in large fights. Keep balastic dampers up and instant charged burst so move every 6 sec.

Group fights Much better at holding a point then taking one. No procs so rotation is static with an occasional sabatage charge. U can use Diversion support others if you are not under fire. Flourish keeps weakend oponents health down and leg shot will support mele classes. Great at finishing people off

Sage survival more than any other class is dependant on knowing your enemy and the situation . So more than other classes players will have a very large degree of sepperation in sucess and failure. This class can not hold a stretigic point for ex bridge in hutt ball like the sniper but is much better at taking and defending nodes. The utility is sprint, rescue, off heal, oh and bubble.

Over all i feel like sage can alter the win lose ratio much more than a sniper.

Just my 2 cents
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

hunterthesloth
12.10.2012 , 01:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by RyderQuanTy View Post
both classes work best in groups comboing knockbacks, roots, stuns. both classes can make a phalanx (for give the spelling ) and destroys as unit. Knock back fade knock back fade ect.

The MM snipers when isolated is very vunurabe to stelthand stelthers pres this advantage vs you with out mercy. Any good stelther will kill you period. xfs freightor and hunker down only delay it. Groups will overwhelm you and you have no escape. That said if you learn to crouch and reterte to natural cover you can do well in large fights. Keep balastic dampers up and instant charged burst so move every 6 sec.
But if you use your knock backs and leg shot you can do good damge to an assaian to make up for the damage they did in their cc (im guessing electricute then maul, general assasian initial attack) after that you can use the other ccs to hold them away and then just do a simple snipe, followthorough, rotations waiting for reduced activation time ambush pops and takedown and seris of shots (and possibly explossive probe), and not to mention sheild pobe and entrech. also you have to remember that the sniper has way better energy preservatoin then operatives and assaians. and i forgot to mention the ambush knockback.
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

Ryvirath
12.10.2012 , 02:07 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
So the miss thing was true and 9 ticks total.
Yeah, but dodge isn't the same as miss. So the only way you actually miss is if resilience is up or you get a sniper canister thrown at you, which causes anything to miss. Shooting into cover for instance still triggers the tech effects, just not the weapon damage.

hunterthesloth
12.10.2012 , 02:16 PM | #44
Also i forgot to mention that a good sniper will never go solo (there are a few exceptions but not many) so normaly someone would have broken the stealthy out of stealth except when people are traveling to a different node so theoreticaly you wont be taken by suprize by stealthys. In each warzone there a several spots in each area that are perfect for free casting. In alderaan if a sniper gets on the balcony in mid it will be a lost cause. So basically you have people down to less than half health before they get within 25 meters of the node.
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

RyderQuanTy
12.10.2012 , 06:10 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by hunterthesloth View Post
But if you use your knock backs and leg shot you can do good damge to an assaian to make up for the damage they did in their cc (im guessing electricute then maul, general assasian initial attack) after that you can use the other ccs to hold them away and then just do a simple snipe, followthorough, rotations waiting for reduced activation time ambush pops and takedown and seris of shots (and possibly explossive probe), and not to mention sheild pobe and entrech. also you have to remember that the sniper has way better energy preservatoin then operatives and assaians. and i forgot to mention the ambush knockback.
Also i forgot to mention that a good sniper will never go solo (there are a few exceptions but not many) so normaly someone would have broken the stealthy out of stealth except when people are traveling to a different node so theoreticaly you wont be taken by suprize by stealthys. In each warzone there a several spots in each area that are perfect for free casting. In alderaan if a sniper gets on the balcony in mid it will be a lost cause. So basically you have people down to less than half health before they get within 25 meters of the node.

Here is what im saying if you are a sniper on the balcony you are isolated. you will be open to being stelthed. An opperative will open with a stun taking you out of cover and removing ballastic dampers putting you at <50% health by the time the stun ends then u need to get in to cover then hunker down befor you get stunned again. In this ex the stealther will win its a dps race but you are starting from 50% same as a shodow. In your ex is where the sniper is pressing the advantage

And this is fine just saying if there were 2 snipers side by side vs 2 stelthers the stelthers would be beaten. Same as sages in combo 2 meles are in check by one knock back.
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

TrumpetNut
12.10.2012 , 06:49 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
For DPS, if you plan on getting into ranked PvP go sniper. If you just want to have fun... go sorc.

A sorc is always on the run... constantly kiting adn being focused. A sniper usually attracts a lot less attention and is more of a turret.

Another thing to consider, since you're obviously a new player. If you don't keybind, or if you still keyboard turn a sniper will be easier to manage and do "better" with than a sorc since you don't have to be as mobile.

But seriously.... don't keyboard turn and please key bind or you're gonna suck either way.
Oh trust me man I keybind like crazy. I use shift ctrl f and alt (E and q and r as well) And So far at lvl 14 each sniper has more survivability and dmg so I may go sniper. Btw I have a 50 Marauder and Boyguard Mercenary so Which of sorc and sniper may be a better addition to me?

TrumpetNut
12.21.2012 , 09:29 AM | #47
What spe \c should a sniper go for leveling and minimal PvP at lvl 22?

Zunayson
12.21.2012 , 11:22 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
What spe \c should a sniper go for leveling and minimal PvP at lvl 22?
at 22 sniper isn't very good but eng is probably best. by 30 any spec is nice
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Motoeric
12.21.2012 , 12:58 PM | #49
sorc is amazing

lethality best sniper spec
Trollmage <Don't Panic> The Bastion