Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

EA / Bioware outsourcing Customer Service?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
EA / Bioware outsourcing Customer Service?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaylaEwa's Avatar


TaylaEwa
12.10.2012 , 02:52 PM | #11
You've been saying this ever since 1.4.. at what point do you think you'll ever be "caught up" on tickets in order to answer in a 'timely' manner?
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

AudioSecrecy's Avatar


AudioSecrecy
12.10.2012 , 10:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TaylaEwa View Post
You've been saying this ever since 1.4.. at what point do you think you'll ever be "caught up" on tickets in order to answer in a 'timely' manner?
By the time us MMO and Star Wars fans get the type of game we always dreamed of, so to answer your question... never.

Rincewend's Avatar


Rincewend
12.10.2012 , 11:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AudioSecrecy View Post
By the time us MMO and Star Wars fans get the type of game we always dreamed of, so to answer your question... never.
Starting to feel this way about to give up on this and find something else to play.

Chaph's Avatar


Chaph
12.10.2012 , 11:41 PM | #14
Here is a great example of how the *phone customer support* has gone down hill.
In May I had called customer support to remove my authenticator because I left it at a friends house. I was ready with all my security questions and personal info. I spoke to a very personable rep, was very friendly and acted like a normal person. I was told that I would have to fax an ID to them in order to remove the authenticator, since i didn't have the original. I was bummed but was OK with the answer. Now 2 months ago I needed to call because I purchased a new Iphone 5 and had the authenticator on my old phone. This rep you could tell was out sourced, it was also VERY noticeable that the rep was reading from a prescript-ed response( the accent was extremely noticeable but I don't use only that as proof) I mentioned i needed help resetting my authenticator. The rep removed the authenticator on the spot, no security questions, no address, all he asked was my Login name. Then he wanted to talk me through adding the new authenticator. Once logged in I went to to the authenticator page he actually GAVE me the answer to current security question. I know how to add the authenticator myself, but I just kept along with him so I could keep him on the line to make sure the authenticator was added. I'm actually extremely worried about account security now. (BW feel free to go back through your call logged and find it, I'm not exaggerating at all)

The biggest give away that the support reps are outsourced is after every thing you say or asked there is a pre scripted response..... "Oh, yes sir, I understand your problems and will help as best I can" . Something along those lines, but they say it over and over and over again after each time you say something.

R_S_Mcsmash's Avatar


R_S_Mcsmash
12.19.2012 , 12:17 PM | #15
Ive been on hold for a hour just to see why my physical security key isnt working i was told i was being transfered and it would take 3 min.... and this is after being disconnected after being on hold for a half hour. i am a suscriber and basicly am paying money to be put on hold till i get sick of it and hang up. if i had been using my cell instead of a voip i would have paid for 3-4 months worth of subscriptions just to see why i cant use my key.

R_S_Mcsmash's Avatar


R_S_Mcsmash
12.19.2012 , 12:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by R_S_Mcsmash View Post
Ive been on hold for a hour just to see why my physical security key isnt working i was told i was being transfered and it would take 3 min.... and this is after being disconnected after being on hold for a half hour. i am a suscriber and basicly am paying money to be put on hold till i get sick of it and hang up. if i had been using my cell instead of a voip i would have paid for 3-4 months worth of subscriptions just to see why i cant use my key.
So far...

augustgrace's Avatar


augustgrace
12.19.2012 , 12:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaph View Post
Here is a great example of how the *phone customer support* has gone down hill.
In May I had called customer support to remove my authenticator because I left it at a friends house. I was ready with all my security questions and personal info. I spoke to a very personable rep, was very friendly and acted like a normal person. I was told that I would have to fax an ID to them in order to remove the authenticator, since i didn't have the original. I was bummed but was OK with the answer. Now 2 months ago I needed to call because I purchased a new Iphone 5 and had the authenticator on my old phone. This rep you could tell was out sourced, it was also VERY noticeable that the rep was reading from a prescript-ed response( the accent was extremely noticeable but I don't use only that as proof) I mentioned i needed help resetting my authenticator. The rep removed the authenticator on the spot, no security questions, no address, all he asked was my Login name. Then he wanted to talk me through adding the new authenticator. Once logged in I went to to the authenticator page he actually GAVE me the answer to current security question. I know how to add the authenticator myself, but I just kept along with him so I could keep him on the line to make sure the authenticator was added. I'm actually extremely worried about account security now. (BW feel free to go back through your call logged and find it, I'm not exaggerating at all)

The biggest give away that the support reps are outsourced is after every thing you say or asked there is a pre scripted response..... "Oh, yes sir, I understand your problems and will help as best I can" . Something along those lines, but they say it over and over and over again after each time you say something.
If they are using the same CS crew that works supports WAR then we should be very afraid for our account security. A few months ago I decided to give WAR another shot but couldn't remember my password, and when I tried to reset it online it wouldn't let me.

So I got all my info together including game keys and called the hotline. The rep asked my name and address, didn't care for any of the other info including my email address. I expected him to simply send me a link to reset the password, so I was speechless when he told me my log in name and password. All I needed to access my account was info that someone could get from a phone book.

R_S_Mcsmash's Avatar


R_S_Mcsmash
12.19.2012 , 01:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by R_S_Mcsmash View Post
Ive been on hold for a hour just to see why my physical security key isnt working i was told i was being transfered and it would take 3 min.... and this is after being disconnected after being on hold for a half hour. i am a suscriber and basicly am paying money to be put on hold till i get sick of it and hang up. if i had been using my cell instead of a voip i would have paid for 3-4 months worth of subscriptions just to see why i cant use my key.
so after 2 hours of being on hold i got a error message from the computer voice phone lady and got disconnected.. what is going on here this is just disapointing. second time disconnected from customer support and i am a paid customer . not happy at all......

Furiel's Avatar


Furiel
12.19.2012 , 01:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Since F2P launched the quality for subscribers has gone down hill in a big way even my self with tickets being rejected just to get them out of the way with lame template replying or the 5+ day turn around so what went wrong within the support ranks because as a subscriber I am really concerned about my future in this game.

Been a subscriber since early access but this may change if Bioware don't get there act into gear and start looking at treating us in a professional way.
5 days, heh I wish. I put in a ticket on 12/3 because I couldn't see an ops boss to loot it because I died during the fight and he was invisible after combat rezz and I was ops leader with master looter set. The ticket was closed on 12/14 with a template answer telling me to include X,Y and Z information. All of which was in my ticket except for 1 piece of data, what loot we weren't able to get, because the mob was invisible to me so I could not open it to loot it, which was explained in the ticket.

Bioware, you want to know why you are constantly flooded with CS tickets, the above is why. You close tickets that aren't resovled forcing us to create a new one. So for every 1 issue that crops up, you end up with between 2 and 5 tickets submitted for it because you close each ticket each time you respond. We have an update ticket button, so do you, USE IT. You say you need more information on a ticket, respond, leave the ticket open and let us update the same ticket.

The advantages are:
1) It's a more common sense workflow and keeps all the data in 1 location instead of having to look in multiple tickets to get the same info, which should speed resolution by your staff because they have fewer places to look for the info they need for resolution
2) It would significantly reduce your new ticket influx
3) Issues get prioritized properly because you don't have old issues being resubmitted then ending up behind newer ones due to your process
4) Quicker resolution combined with fewer new tickets means you start getting caught up instead of continuing to fall further behind like you are now
5) Increased customer satisfaction due to:
a) less aggrivation with having to make multiple tickets to get 1 issue resolved
b) quicker responses
c) quicker resolution

In these days of corporate staff cutbacks, etc it's important to work smarter, not harder, and right now BW your procedures are doing the exact opposite. Making both your staff and your customers work harder for the same result. It's time to be smarter and make some changes...
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

Simbr's Avatar


Simbr
12.19.2012 , 01:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings shakunetsu,

Currently our response time for support request tickets is not on target. This is due to the large number of support requests. As we work through these requests the resolution time will be reduced to the point where we will be able to action new tickets within a more satisfactory timescale. If you have submitted a ticket we ask for your patience until it is processed by our agents and that you submit only one ticket per issue as duplicate requests will induce further delay.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
So you are slow to respond because you don't have the staff or resources to support the player base? And you even admit it lol This gets worse everyday...