Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA / Bioware outsourcing Customer Service?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
EA / Bioware outsourcing Customer Service?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

shakunetsu
12.09.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1
So I bought 2 packs of Major experience boosters from the Cartel Market, I claimed both packs but they don't show in my inventory. I open a ticket and I wait a day or so to get a response and I don't hear anything. So I decide to give SWTOR Customer Support a call... I wait about 2 1/2 hours on the phone finally get someone on and explain my issue. The women over the phone tells me they are sending me the packs to my ingame mailbox. I log on and I find 1, only 1 Major Experience Boost...

Im thinking ill probably be lvl 50 by the time my ingame ticket is answered. I wonder whats going on, I wonder if outsourcing EA / Biowares subscribers is a good idea.

Marcaunon
12.10.2012 , 05:34 AM | #2
Lol

Yes Bioware customer service is ****. Your not alone in your experience.
I really hope it gets better soon, for there part because they are already losing subs because of this.

Cerimon
12.10.2012 , 06:11 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings shakunetsu,

Currently our response time for support request tickets is not on target. This is due to the large number of support requests. As we work through these requests the resolution time will be reduced to the point where we will be able to action new tickets within a more satisfactory timescale. If you have submitted a ticket we ask for your patience until it is processed by our agents and that you submit only one ticket per issue as duplicate requests will induce further delay.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

elitenz
12.10.2012 , 06:44 AM | #4
Since F2P launched the quality for subscribers has gone down hill in a big way even my self with tickets being rejected just to get them out of the way with lame template replying or the 5+ day turn around so what went wrong within the support ranks because as a subscriber I am really concerned about my future in this game.

Been a subscriber since early access but this may change if Bioware don't get there act into gear and start looking at treating us in a professional way.

JFerret
12.10.2012 , 08:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Since F2P launched the quality for subscribers has gone down hill in a big way even my self with tickets being rejected just to get them out of the way with lame template replying or the 5+ day turn around so what went wrong within the support ranks because as a subscriber I am really concerned about my future in this game.

Been a subscriber since early access but this may change if Bioware don't get there act into gear and start looking at treating us in a professional way.
Its not since F2P "launched" it since F2P was "decided" (months before launch) and they sacked all their staff, CS has been going downhill for a long time and the sudden influx of f2p'ers half of whom are probably complaining about bugs that have existed since well before F2P and they havent added any more staff to try cope with the numbers. They are running this game into the ground, people get sick of crappy CS quickly.

Jacen_Starsolo
12.10.2012 , 08:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jferret View Post
its not since f2p "launched" it since f2p was "decided" (months before launch) and they sacked all their staff, cs has been going downhill for a long time and the sudden influx of f2p'ers half of whom are probably complaining about bugs that have existed since well before f2p and they havent added any more staff to try cope with the numbers. They are running this game into the ground, people get sick of crappy cs quickly.

the truth

AudioSecrecy
12.10.2012 , 01:37 PM | #7
Its not just ticket response times, it is also phone support. This is something(both issues) that need to be addressed promptly. When I speak to these agents from whatever country they are from, I don't feel like a customer, I feel like I am speaking to Siri on my iPhone.

The paying customers are the only reason these CS agents have a job to go to everyday and if you continue to provide unsatisfactory service, people will cancel and walk away.

Just because this is a Star Wars based game doesn't mean fans and customers will continue to accept shotty customer service and keep spending their hard earned money.

My patience has already been wiped out with your service and if I come across another issue and it is handled as poorly as the last one, I will not hesitate to cancel and say good bye to SWTOR.

Foambreaker
12.10.2012 , 02:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings shakunetsu,

Currently our response time for support request tickets is not on target. This is due to the large number of support requests. As we work through these requests the resolution time will be reduced to the point where we will be able to action new tickets within a more satisfactory timescale. If you have submitted a ticket we ask for your patience until it is processed by our agents and that you submit only one ticket per issue as duplicate requests will induce further delay.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Trust me on this.

After every release with bugs fire a manager in development.

I assure you your workload will decrease.

The developers are making you look bad with thier slip shod workmanship.

Cyberberus
12.10.2012 , 02:26 PM | #9
Here's an idea ... to get CS response times on target, reduce the workload, a step towards that end is ...

(drumroll) WHEN PEOPLE ON PTS ARE TELLING YOU ABOUT BUGS STOP GOING LIVE ANYWAYS

Whizle
12.10.2012 , 02:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings shakunetsu,

Quit being cheap and hire more quality customer service staff. I hate to sound like some xenophobic nationalist (I'm really the furthest thing from it), but having someone who can speak fluent English and has a working knowledge of the game is a must for customer service.