Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The speed of combat in pvp now is too fast?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The speed of combat in pvp now is too fast?

CRNphg
12.09.2012 , 11:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
No different than the DPS Sorc instantly taking 8k of my HP on Voidstar last night..
Sorc has no ability to do damage like that in a single skill. Recklesness + Death field + Chain lightning on proc could do that kind of damage but that would mean two 4k hits in basicly 2 GCDs not taking the gcd for recklesness into account and the skills it takes to get CL proc into account which could be acquired earlier.
Not the same as smash. But I agree with what you say.

Speed seems fine to me. Esp. when both teams are equal.
Raten - Insanity - Red eclipse
"Observation: I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much."

Lejune
12.09.2012 , 11:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
Seriously. PvP is not intended to be relaxing.

Those 7k smash hits are by critical chance provided by the player's gear and skills that they have earned in one way or another. They are not consistent damage, and range from 1.5k to whatever their critical chance + critical multiplier + strength + power, etc. will allow. No different than the DPS Sorc instantly taking 8k of my HP on Voidstar last night.

Really, the only people still complaining about force sweep/smash damage are the same people expecting to "relax" and 2-button faceroll in PvP with little to no effort.
Like I said ...I don't care how hard they worked for it...it still should not be possible. I'm very sure swtor didn't intend for that via the low health pools. And if you are smarter than your comment...and though about the 7k smash....it's not the 7ker that is the most damaging....it's the second leap auto crit after the smash/sweep come off CD. 2 in one duel fight is too much. If his powered up combo smash/sweep his for 7k...well his non powered leap auto crit still hits for.....how much? Lol....do the math on just those 2 attacks and compare it to an average toon's health pool...TTK is to fast =

TipsyDrow
12.09.2012 , 11:15 AM | #13
They are closing the gear gap. They are going to make exertise the same on all gear sets. This will slow down battles a bit. I am wholly against lowering healing anymore as we already have a 30% trauma debuff in pvp. I am against lowering damage also. Certain classes already have subpar damage. 7k smashes are rare and will become more rare after 1.6 and more people get in WH gear and get it augmented. Also it is my hope that after 1.6 burst will not be as nasty with more people on on an even gear tier. People die fast in pvp because they either are outgeared,outplayed,focus fired on or all the above.

ELECTRICJUDGMENT
12.09.2012 , 11:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejune View Post
Like I said ...I don't care how hard they worked for it...it still should not be possible. I'm very sure swtor didn't intend for that via the low health pools. And if you are smarter than your comment...and though about the 7k smash....it's not the 7ker that is the most damaging....it's the second leap auto crit after the smash/sweep come off CD. 2 in one duel fight is too much. If his powered up combo smash/sweep his for 7k...well his non powered leap auto crit still hits for.....how much? Lol....do the math on just those 2 attacks and compare it to an average toon's health pool...TTK is to fast =
What class do you play?

BTW, Sent/Mara gear has the most Critical chance by default. The Swelling Winds/Decimate skill was at one point a Guardian/Juggernaut only skill, in the Vigilance/Vengeance tree, before it was moved to the shared Focus tree. It needs to be moved back to Vigilance/Vengeance. Sents/Maras had more than enough DPS potential and survivability without it.

TheGame
12.09.2012 , 11:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexlo View Post
Not sure which version you played, but 6 seconds was the average lifespan against in an 8 v 8.

Not very epic.
using LOS with a good medic and officer in the grp fights could end up lasting a long time and often had dramatic outcomes

I would say it was epic

dufox
12.09.2012 , 11:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
using LOS with a good medic and officer in the grp fights could end up lasting a long time and often had dramatic outcomes

I would say it was epic
This applies to swtor as well.
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

ELECTRICJUDGMENT
12.09.2012 , 11:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CRNphg View Post
Sorc has no ability to do damage like that in a single skill. Recklesness + Death field + Chain lightning on proc could do that kind of damage but that would mean two 4k hits in basicly 2 GCDs not taking the gcd for recklesness into account and the skills it takes to get CL proc into account which could be acquired earlier.
Not the same as smash. But I agree with what you say.

Speed seems fine to me. Esp. when both teams are equal.
True, but Sweep/Smash doesn't immobilize like those Sorc abilities, giving them more than enough opportunity to get off tons of damage in a matter of seconds without any opposition.

ceelaniri
12.09.2012 , 11:32 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
I was a MENH/MLS/Healer: 4040 in SWG pre-cu, through CU, and into the NGE.

The epic pvp was admittedly before the NGE. I was able to take down 2 combat medics, 1 master defender and a MTK/Fencer hybrid with intentional use of CC, force run, heals, and DPS after about 30 minutes of play.

It was epic in comparison to SWTOR back in that version.

P.S. Let me be clear, this is not a thread talking about derpsmash specs, or stun bubbles.

The question is: Would you be upset if BW brought all healing and damage down by 25% in WZ's in an attempt to make combat slower and more "epic"?
While I agree about the speed of fight being a bit too short, your example is just a terrible one.

To put your example into perspective, how long would it take you to take down 1 BH/Carbineer or any ranged class? Roughly, a few seconds...

There has never been anything epic in playing an OP class.
Masamoto Pentesilhea

OrderOfVirtue
12.09.2012 , 11:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
They should just make it turn based. Like Pokemon.
PVP is the only thing this game has left.... whoever started this post must be a clicker

adiwantinova
12.09.2012 , 11:33 AM | #20
To give you some idea what -25% would be on damage:

- A 7,000 crit smash would turn into a 5,250 smash.
- A 6,400 (my top ever) heal would turn into a 4,800 heal.

Keep in mind, those are top end, hardest to hit values & most heals land for about 5,000-5,300 (or 3,700-3,970 when reduced by 25%), and most derpsmashes land for 5,000-6,000 (which would be reduced to 3,750-4,500).

I've only heard one person reply with their vote against decreasing damage/healing for WZ's. Anyone else care to cast a vote?
ADI-WAN TINOVA
< Remnants of the Jedi >
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
POT5, by way of The Shadowlands